Old 31st March 2005, 13:35   #1
Zylot
Major Dude

Couple of things folks

1) ATI 700X PCI Ex... nice framerates, but I get a north-easterly drift on allt he rpesets (fixxed by adding dx and dy = .0005; to the perframe over an a code.. annoying though.. I als has a strange decay problem, not too worried though, MD looks sweet as hell.

2) On borrowed code.

EOS and PHAT -- You two overreacted way too hard on SM. Specially Phat, I dunno how much of the harsh words were from E.OS, but please. Go easier. There is NO NEED for that kind of behavior on this forum.

SM - If you get PMs about stuff, be sure to try and work something out. No one has a problem with the code, apparently, it's tagging the names on the preset title.. whatever. This was ana rgument that did not need to happen. Let's all drop it and make some presets.

3) From now on, all my presets will start with a .0005 shift applied to the dx and dy variables for my sake. Feelf ree to remove them out when downloading a preset. I don't post new stuff foten, so it won't be too troublesome.

-------------
What do you wish for?
--Instrumentality
Zylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 14:05   #2
someusername

hey Z, i don't know how long you've been using this graphics card, but this weird decay thing sounds like 16bit resolution. did you accidentally enter an RGB format instead of XRGB at the fullscreen resolution pull-down? That drift, however, sounds weird! Is your monitor near a window or sth? (kidding!)
someusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 14:21   #3
StudioMusic
Major Dude

Finally got the PM's funny never check then in all the years I have been coming here. Had 2 from Illusion from year 2002 wonder where he is? Well anyone have anything private for me email me instead I will always get that. No heart feelings. Life goes on and I love MD. Also have Yahoo messenger and ICQ but do not have them on much, but if anyone wants those just ask. SM
StudioMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 14:32   #4
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
Noooooooo the dx/dy drift is back. What a nightmare.

Hands up who rememeber this thread.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=83401

It seems that there is still no standard for pixel alignment. The old satndard was only on old Matrox card that when Ryan orginal wrote MD.

Can you change the pixel alignment of your ATi card. I coudl for Nvidia. Might save you re-writting all the presets.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 21:35   #5
Phat
Major Dude

But If I never fly off the handle how would we ever see old friends?
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 23:57   #6
Zylot
Major Dude

Rova, how ever would I go about doing that: as for the decay, it happens on presets with max decay, instead os staying the same, the blackness kinda morphs into white (a reverse decay if you will?

-------------
What do you wish for?
--Instrumentality
Zylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets