Old 2nd December 2012, 11:31   #1
runner57

BETTER LIBRARY SUPPORT FOR MP4 video

A tip for plug-in builders:
I use the winamp library for my music files, but also for video (mp4, as far as I know the only video format which allows tagging). I convert music dvd's to video albums, the same way as I do for mp3 albums. It is possible to tag mp4 files, cover art and everything. I am very happy with that, but the search possibilities in the video part of the library are limited, since the tagged file info cannot be used for searches in the video library part. When i put in a search for an artist I get all the tracks by that artist, not the albums, it is just not well-arranged. I have to scroll down the list. It would already be a big improvement if there was e.g. the option to view folders as albums in the video library.
runner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:45   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

To add more columns, right-click on the Column Headers (Filename | Title | Genre | etc) and select "Customize Columns".

To add more filters, right-click on Video in the ML tree and select "Edit View".
Change the Filters to taste (eg. 2: Artist | Album)

To search for fields from the Tags other than Artist, Album, Title, use the following criteria:

?genre has rock
?genre is indie
?year has 199

etc
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist