Old 28th July 2012, 20:44   #1
WoodrowShigeru

Winamp crashes after emptying recycle bin

I noticed that a file from the recycle bin has made it into my library - not that surprising as the library consists of the whole partition "M:\". So I emptied the bin, why would that be a bad idea? Yet, ever since, Winamp crashes whatever song I'm playing, whatever playlist is loaded, whatever anything. I can't even listen to a whole single song anymore.

Using Winamp v5.61. The Event Viewer doesn't give much more than this:

Quote:
faulting application winamp.exe, version 5.6.1.3133, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x03709f8d.

For more information, see help and support center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
I searched for "crash empty recycle bin" and couldn't find any helpful hits.

Last edited by WoodrowShigeru; 28th July 2012 at 20:51. Reason: Forgot to add a proper title
WoodrowShigeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 11:50   #2
WoodrowShigeru

Well, I don't know what the problem was yesterday but it's gone now. I can listen to my msuic again without any crashing. Apparently all I needed was a reboot? Fresh day, fresh start, I guess.

Anyway, you can disregard this now. Good day, sirs.
Old 12th August 2012, 18:46   #3
WoodrowShigeru

Actually, I wanna add to this: the crashing does re-occur, it's not gone, and a PC restart isn't really what's "repairing" anything. The problem doesn't have anything to do with the recycle bin but rather with an USB connection to my new smartphone.

So, never mind the whole thread. As I'm finding results via search, I'll consider this thread closed.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
crash, recycle bin