Old 24th August 2001, 14:09   #1
orbette

yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (404)

I started getting this message when I connected to my server this morning. Yes, I know there is a Troubleshooting, FAQ on the Shoutcast page addressing this issue, specifically. However, I did not make any configuration changes that would result in receiving a null URL. I simply turned off my machine last night and when I turned it back on this morning and prepared to stream, I was given the above message.

Has anyone else has this problem? Can someone please help me out?

Thanks

Orbette
orbette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2001, 18:15   #2
Yeats13

I get the same error. It started today, i have had no problems so far, maybe the server is down. i am trying to see what this error is.
Yeats13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2001, 15:54   #3
Kambriel

404: This typically means you're running software that isn't a SHOUTcast DNAS server. The only supported software for listings in the SHOUTcast directory is the SHOUTcast DNAS. Occasionally this will show up on servers with very very slow Internet connections as well. It should clear itself up with time.

Of particular interest is that last sentence... It could be a congestion problem indirectly related to your ISP. Momentary congestion or outages can cause this. It is also possible that Nullsoft is removing support for older DNAS versions or were making changes to the way their servers interact with your particular version of the DNAS/DSP.
Kambriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2001, 17:21   #4
Yeats13

Thanks Kam for your help. You are right everyting is cool now, mustv been congestion.
Yeats13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions