Old 10th May 2012, 19:19   #1
n35bonanza

ShoutCast Radio Has Stopped Working

I have the latest version (V5.623) installed on a system running the Windows 7 64-bit O/S.
Listening to Shoutcast Radio streams has never been a problem until several days ago. Now
when I attempt to listen to Shoutcast, Winamp apparently executes the request, but all I get is a blank screen. All of the stations are gone. Have searched Tech and FAQ and noted several recent similar posts with no replies. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Additional info as requested:

Attempted Clean Full Install, no effect
Only 3rd party plu-in beiing used is Hans Guptan's Stereo Tool...been using it for years
Motherboard: Asrock 870 Extreme 3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2g
RAM: 8 gb
Sound: Realtek HiDef (on MB)
Video: Sapphire 100315L HD6850 R
O/S: Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
DirectX 11
Winamp Ver. 5.623
Full Install
n35bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 19:38   #2
DrO

how are you getting the streams to play? from the site of the view in the media library or from a bookmark, etc? if it's from bookmarked / already stored stations then would need some example links as it could even be the stations you are trying to listen to are not running (as can and often does happen).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 19:55   #3
n35bonanza

Daz

Thanks very much for your reply. I have always simply clicked on the Shoutcast Radio link in the media library view and gone from there. No bookmarks or anything.

Rob
Old 12th May 2012, 14:26   #4
n35bonanza

Saw an old thread that suggested removing Shoutcast from Winamp, closing Winamp, deleting temporary internet files, then opening Winamp and adding Shoutcast back in via the online services root list.

Did not fix the problem.
Old 13th May 2012, 20:46   #5
DrO

you've not done anything like removing IE from your system? as the online views use the IE web browser control which programs can embed into themselves and not having that would cause a complete failure.

the other thing is if Winamp has been given access to access the Internet or that you're not behind a proxy or something else like that which could be blocking the access.

otherwise i'm not aware of any service outages which would be causing the issue and so far you're the only recent person who's reported any sort of issue like that.

-daz
Old 14th May 2012, 14:24   #6
n35bonanza

Daz,

Thanks for your reply. No, I haven't removed IE from the system, but was not aware that Winamp used IE browser control. I'll investigate further. Additionally, Winamp can access other online services.

Rob
Old 14th May 2012, 14:57   #7
brutus1

What's up?

Hi. I have Winamp Pro 509.83. I just re-installed it on my newly reformatted laptop. I know, I should upgrade, but I'm noticing several things that worry me. Whenever I click on SHOUTcast Radio, I get this message "[Error]http/1.1 404 Not Found (Showing old". This is accompanied by no list of stations or anything. Filling in the search box, the banswidth or gendre boxes, do nothing. I have even tried un-installing the program, re-installing it and loading my 20 or so favorite stations, but still no SHOUTCast.
Additionally, I get terrible reception from stations I haven't previously. I used to get Michigan Radio from Detroit, but now, I'm in Ann Arbor and it's buffering out and won't stay on for more than 5 minutes.

Also, I can't bookmark anything.The error is "The exception unknown software exception (oxcoooo417) occurred in the application at location 0x736024a. Click on OK to terminate the program". What's up?
brutus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 15:00   #8
brutus1

Ps

I've finally upgraded ... to no effect.
Old 15th May 2012, 16:03   #9
brutus1

Hi. I'm now running the latest version of Winamp and still having the same problems as above. Can anyone help?
Old 17th May 2012, 12:03   #10
DrO

brutus1: please provide a plug-ins list -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins as bookmarking items should not be causing things to crash and sounds like something else is interfering with things.

though why you and n35bonanza are still having issues getting the SHOUTcast online view to work / appear is just something i'm struggling to work out what might be causing it especially if other services are working and might even point at something external to either of you which is blocking the access but i'm not sure when i'm not able to find anything or any way to replicate it.

-daz
Old 22nd May 2012, 23:19   #11
n35bonanza

Daz,
Have tried everything I know on this end, including temporarily disabling firewall and antivirus.
I have noted that when I select ShoutCast Radio, a number of status(?) messages flash briefly in the viewer window. I haven't figured out how to freeze the process so that I can read the messages but several appear to suggest that video ads or other advertizing is being "pushed". Also noted that there were a few "waiting fo" messages as well.

I do appreciate your efforts to help me with this problem. Hope you figure it out. Meanwhile, I'll attempt to get more details on the messages.

Best,

Rob
Old 22nd May 2012, 23:50   #12
DrO

hmm, from what i see it's usually a spinning llama and then the view appears and i don't think there is a way to stop the process if there are any interim messages being displayed.

there is an ad header at the top though if that fails to load then it shouldn't be causing the page itself to then fail (or at least shouldn't from what i've been told about how that works).

as it's not an area i've got any real access to check, i'm starting to lean towards it being possibly something with changes which i now know were made for adding the 'enqueue' settings option or just how the ads are served up which i guess there is a remote possibility it might be failing and taking the rest of the page out (but i'm really not sure).

-daz
Old 23rd May 2012, 03:19   #13
n35bonanza

Daz,

Thanks for your recent reply. Well, the messages appear at the very bottom of the frame after the spinning llama disappears. They literally flash on and off very rapidly. I tried screen captures and managed to get a couple:

1st: "waiting for http://shoutcast.com/scradioin winamp" (sounds normal to me)
2nd: "waiting for http://ad.yieldmanager.com" (ad pusher, I think)
3rd: "waiting for http:yieldmanager.com/frame" (and then an approximately 40 alpha numeric character stream)

Then things speed up with at least three more apparently short messages flashing so quickly that I've not managed to capture them. I can tell you, however, that the last message contains the word "blank" at least once which is consistent with the blank frame I've been staring at.

Best,

Rob
Old 24th May 2012, 06:39   #14
urnsblubs

my shoutcast wont work either, I do see a list of stations in the winamp browser, but clicking on them does nothing. I cant be sure but I seem to remember that if I wanted to listen to a particular station I would click on a "listen now" button somewhere on the right side i think, but now i see that all the radio stations say "listening now". could that be the problem and how do i fix that? it was working fine before, then for whatever reason its not working anymore and i didn't change any settings or anything to the best of my knowledge.
urnsblubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 16:45   #15
brutus1

Sorry I haven't been reporting lately. I've all but given up. I've got winamp 509. I'm at media library. When I go to Online Media. Under that I click Shoutcast Radio. Eventually, I just get a "404" error. That's it. I'm not behind any proxy and I can turn off ZoneAlarm and get the same results. Also, I can't bookmark any stations. I can load them and play them, but when I try to save them, winamp closes.
Old 31st May 2012, 17:31   #16
DrO

brutus1: you're giving contradictory information as you've said you are using 5.09 but in a prior post said you're using the latest Winamp... so what is it? if it is the old version then i wouldn't expect that to work as that used an old method which has probably been stopped (if it hadn't been already).

unless you're using the current release of Winamp and are able to provide the information i asked in my prior reply to your previous post, there is not much else which can be done in your scenario (especially if you're using a 7 year old version of Winamp.

-daz
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:19   #17
n35bonanza

Soutcast Not Working. . .Fix!

Many many thanks to wireframewolf for posting the fix to the problem of Shoutcast not working in the current version of Winamp. The problem is the Flash player normally associated with Firefox and Chrome. Download the Flash player for IE and voila!

See wireframewolf's post in this forum for details.
Old 16th December 2012, 19:40   #18
jello44

My problem is I am not able to click within Winamp and play a shoutcast song, it just dims and nothing happens. I am using Winamp 5.63 and windows 8, 64bit. Updating Flash did not help matters. I can add shoutcast stations to my bookmarks and it will play fine from the bookmarks though. I guess I need to await a Winamp update.
jello44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 03:13   #19
Moshe1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello44 View Post
My problem is I am not able to click within Winamp and play a shoutcast song, it just dims and nothing happens. I am using Winamp 5.63 and windows 8, 64bit. Updating Flash did not help matters. I can add shoutcast stations to my bookmarks and it will play fine from the bookmarks though. I guess I need to await a Winamp update.
I have the same exact problem with the same configuration.
Moshe1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support