Old 11th February 2015, 19:32   #1
BLCR

Changing Server Status

I'm still using v1 server (1.9.8) and wondered if there is a way to change the "Server Status" to say something different when no one is streaming on it. I'm getting kind of tired of replying to messages that state "my server is down. When will it be back".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BLCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 20:04   #2
DrO

nope, that's not possible.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 13:51   #3
dopelabs
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dopelabs
you dont have to link people directly to the shoutcast status page generated by sc_serv. instead create a custom page on your own website that displays whatever you want and link them to that.... or setup an autodj so that something is always on.
dopelabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 21:10   #4
DrO

that's assuming that the auto-dj stays connected as well... though trying to get the stream status from a 1.x DNAS is a pain imho.

so yes a status page is the only way to achieve it (and is why my original reply is correct). the easiest way would involve a 2.x setup where the public status pages are disabled and configured to redirect to a specific status / info page that shows the information required - this is why 2.x has made it easier to a) control access to things and b) make it easier to get at the information to be able to implement a custom status page (much unlike 1.x which has no finer level of granularity in stream status aspects).
Old 17th February 2015, 19:14   #5
BLCR

Ok... just wondered how this was able to be done...

http://64.237.51.27:10066/

Just always felt that "Server Status: The server is currently down" was never a good choice of words.
Old 17th February 2015, 19:18   #6
DrO

by violating the TOS of using the DNAS i.e. it's been hacked to do it. or it's a fake DNAS made to look like a 1.x DNAS (sadly done all too often). in either case, it's not right and is another reason why anything to do with the 1.x DNAS is just wrong.
Old 17th February 2015, 19:29   #7
BLCR

Understood... Thanks, DrO
Old 17th February 2015, 19:57   #8
DrO

it'll be considered to add for a later 2.x DNAS release the means to specify a help link to show on the public status page when the stream is not running correctly. that should suffice for the request and be generic enough for anyone else's requirements without having to add much to achieve it.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support