Late skinner & Moderator

Winamp ideas and Suggestions 02

01 Quick Access "view" on ML:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Access.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	450.1 KB
ID:	51527

Much more like the Start page of some browsers, with the ability to add a mix of stuff to have always at hand: specific radio stations, bookmarks, albums, playlists, artists, etc.

02 Search function in preferences window (like Google's services)

Name:	search pref.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	51525

03 ML: clicking on a selected tree item enables renaming in-situ (like Windows files). Applies to Playlists, Smart views, Online services, etc.

04 When in Safe mode, put some indicator in the "general right click" (See next to where now is "Nullsoft Winamp..")

05 Antialias for resized images ("album art not found" or "Art-Shoutcast" specifically, gets some jagged edges when stretching it within skins).

Shoutcast-playing image captured from my last skin:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Safe_mode.png
Views:	271
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	51524   Click image for larger version

Name:	rename.png
Views:	228
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	51526   Click image for larger version

Name:	jagged.png
Views:	245
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	51528  
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 23:54   #2
DrO

#1 - something like that wouldn't really fit under the local library node and would have to be separate. though i'm not quite sure of the usefulness of it as the library tree sort does it anyway (showing views, playlists available). also i think it might just be confusing - is confusing me already on how something like that could even be displayed / handled.

#2 - i suggested this a few years back (2009 iirc) and it's a lot of work to ensure things are indexable compared to the return on time. am not saying it's not a good idea but is more likely that just pages / options will be re-worked instead (less work) and more in-place help values will be added. so i doubt it'll happen.

#3 - am sure there's already support to do it, just none of what has been mentioned does it - is more likely ml_disc which i think can do it). it would definitely make things better match the rest of the OS and remove the need for some of those annoying dialogs that appear. so if time allows, it's something i would consider doing.

#4 - already done internally. the preferences window shows [SAFE MODE] on the title and the main context menu shows Exit Safe Mode Alt+F4 instead of just Exit Alt+F4. so that should be clear enough (especially if you've not disabled the safe mode nag warning on start-up). am sure i've even shown it in earlier screenshots i've posted.

#5 - it would need to be looked into at some point as it also depends on the skin, plug-ins, etc are doing things as to whether anything does or doesn't (as is more the norm due to resources needed) anti-alias.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
antialias, quick access, rename, safe mode, search preferences