Old 2nd December 2013, 11:16   #1
Odddot

Importing bookmarks into version 5.666?

Hi there!

Sadly, i couldn't find an older thread on this.

In the older version i had the bookmarks file had a different name and it was a different type of file, in the current version it's called "ml_bookmarks.dll" - and when i try to put the old one in the new folder and give it the current name it doesn't work, even if i replace the old "bm" with "dll".

is there any way to import these bookmarks? i spent months on them, organizing my music library and it would heartbreaking to see all the work going to waste.

thanks so much!
Odddot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:23   #2
CJ_Man

You're looking at the wrong thing. ml_bookmarks.dll is the part of the program that operates the bookmark functions, leave that alone.

The actual bookmarks themselves (assuming a standard installation of Winamp) are in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Winamp and the file name is Winamp.bm.

Note: the AppData folder is hidden by default in Explorer.
CJ_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:24   #3
DrO

it's winamp.bm and winamp.bm8 are the files which need to be used (the bm8 version is the preferred one if found by the plug-in).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:07   #4
Odddot

Thanks so much!

replaced the new bookmarks file with the old, but it still doesn't appear in the program (shut it down and tried again, still nothing).
what shall i do?

Old 2nd December 2013, 15:11   #5
CJ_Man

Firstly I'd check that your bookmarks are still there. The Winamp.bm (and .bm8) and just text files. Opening them in Notepad will enable you to see the contents.

Assuming they are okay then I would re-install Winamp, it's possible that you may have inadvertently damaged the .dll.
CJ_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 16:01   #6
Odddot

Thanks!

err. afraid it doen't work still
Old 3rd December 2013, 17:52   #7
DrO

as you'd tried to replace the file with the plug-in dll earlier, maybe you've managed to overwrite the wrong files and have now lost them - as it wasn't clear where you were taking them from to begin with (assuming it was the correct files). so other than opening the bm/bm8 files and physically checking what is in them, there's not much else to suggest.
Old 4th December 2013, 09:09   #8
Odddot

Thanks again, i reinstalled the program, but the old bookmarks just refuse to appear.
is there anything else that can be possibly done?

Old 4th December 2013, 12:48   #9
Odddot

Problem solved by making the old version work again. thanks so much nevertheless!

Old 4th December 2013, 12:53   #10
DrO

/me bangs head on desk

you've never said what old version you were using. you've not clarified the things i asked in my last post and there is no reason to be using an old version when there has been no changes to the bookmark system in 5 years.

we can only help with the information you provide and it's been pretty lacking as it could be that you're using a massively old version which has the files in a different location but as no info report (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins) was provided, who can say what / why it now suddenly works for you.

and this pretty much is one of the many reasons why Winamp is being shutdown as people keep using old versions.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
importing bookmarks, new version