Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 4th March 2014, 22:18   #1
sanitysama

Jump To File (JTFE) 'Q' Hotkey does not work after exiting Streamripper

For the longest time, I've been unable to use the Q hotkey to add playlist entries to the Jump To File queue. Pressing Q simply did nothing when I pressed it.

After months of searching forums and troubleshooting this puzzling issue, I've finally found out out the ultimate cause. I have the following plugins installed in the mentioned version of Winamp:

Jump To File Extra v1.33 (Build 1216)
Streamripper v1.64.6
Winamp v5.666 (Build 3516)

When Winamp is first opened, the Streamripper plug-in is initialized and placed in the system tray. At this point, pressing Q to queue a file will function as normal. However, once I exit the Streamripper application in the system tray, pressing Q to enqueue files will no longer work. The only solution I've found is to simply disable the Streamripper plug-in (gen_sripper.dll) by renaming it to .bak.

Seeing as Streamripper hasn't been actively developed since 2009, I won't expect a fix to come out. However if anything can be done to avoid this issue with a newer build of the JTFE plug-in, a fix would be much appreciated.

This is an issue I couldn't find a solution to on these forums, so I'm opening a thread to hopefully help anyone who may have the same problem.
sanitysama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 06:57   #2
DrO

as it involves an issue relating to a stream ripper its not something I'm going to look into with my plug-in, sorry.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
enqueue, jtfe, jump to file, queue, streamripper