Old 10th February 2014, 17:13   #1
Panthera_Onca

Creating Authhash

Dear Sirs,

I was trying to create a Shoutcast account in order to get an Authhash code, but I think it is impossible to register into Shoutcast, I had a Shoutcast Online Radio many years ago, but now it seems to be harder to stream, any idea of how to obtain an Authhash?

regards
Panthera_Onca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 18:18   #2
DrO

you don't need an account and have not needed one since early 2010 (where did you go that gave the impression you needed to have an account?).

all you need to do is use DNAS v2.2.1 (current release at time of reply) and that will auto-generate an authhash for you (as long as the source is configured correctly) otherwise you can check the documentation provided with the DNAS for how to do it (as the wiki is down at the moment due to the transition of things from SHOUTcast having been sold by AOL recently to new owners).

it may seem like it's more complicated but it's there to better ensure your stream is _your_ stream which is not guaranteed with anything using the v1 DNAS.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 19:33   #3
Panthera_Onca

Dear Dro,

Thanks for your reply, I configured through the builder, now I can stream good, just music,
but I have problems:

- with my soundcard, I cant enable the microphone, its a bit confusing in Windows 7, when I press push to talk, it stop streaming, do I have to enable the Stereo Mix from my laptop?
- As default device microphone or Stereo Mix?
- The other thing is how to make public the Streaming into Shoutcast directory?

Thanks in advance
Old 10th February 2014, 20:11   #4
DrO

if you're using the Source DSP then it's one of the known issues with it and the Push to Talk feature not working correctly in most cases on Vista and newer (is noted in the forum thread and documentation provided with the plug-in). you'll need to use a different source software to achieve that aspect.

the 'public' aspect is the default though if the source has been set to 'private' or 'publicserver' has been altered in the DNAS's configuration file then it may have been set to 'private'. if in doubt, set publicserver=always in the DNAS's configuration file and do a config reload via the DNAS's admin preferences (or just restart it).
Old 11th February 2014, 01:06   #5
Panthera_Onca

Hi Dro,

I have another question, I am trying to setup the SAM Broadcaster, in fact, it is working fine with Shoutcast, I dont know if the microphone works well now, but I was trying to stream into Icecast and Shoutcast simultaneously, so I did some configurations, it is working good, for instance, to Shoutcast I configured port 8000 and for Icecast port 6000, and it is working fine.

When I tried to configure for Icecast port 8001 and for Shoutcast port 8000 it couldnt work, why?

mi question is:

-What is DJ port?
-What is Transcoder Admin Port

In which cases I should use each of them?

I'm trying to setup a remote source for the Server, which port I should configure for this purpose? I have a partner who need to stream sometimes.
Do you know any other software like SAM or better?

Regards
Old 11th February 2014, 09:59   #6
DrO

the SHOUTcast DNAS under it's default configuration will use ports 8000 and 8001, that is why you cannot have Icecast on port 8001 as the SHOUTcast DNAS has already taken ownership of that port.

if the version of SAM you're using supports the SHOUTcast v2 protocol, you can add portlegacy=0 in the DNAS's configuration file which will remove it taking ownership of port 8001 and then will allow you to run the Icecast DNAS on port 8001.

however, if you're wanting to allow for remote source connections, then depending on what your partner is also using, may mean you need to ignore the portlegacy=0 option or set it to a different port (all of which is covered in the documentation included with the DNAS).

so it might be simpler to just leave the ports alone and just ensure there's no overlap between what the SHOUTcast and Icecast DNAS's are wanting to use. as port setups is a highly subjective thing as to what you'd prefer (visually or functionally) against what others think.

as for the other questions about DJ port and Admin port, unless you're using sc_trans (which you've not mentioned before) then you can ignore all of that (and i assume this is coming from using the configuration builder instead of the setup mode [as had been said to use in my first reply]).
Old 11th February 2014, 15:54   #7
Panthera_Onca

I am really using sc_trans, because a tutorial in Youtube said that, what is it for?
My partner are using SAM also, what do we need to allow him to connect my server?

regards and I really appreciate your support
Old 11th February 2014, 16:43   #8
DrO

sc_trans is just another piece of source software like SAM or Winamp+Source DSP. it can act like an auto-dj i.e. it'll just play what's put in the scheduled playlists or it can be used to manage 'DJ' connections so you can have it running the auto-dj and then a DJ will connect and that will be used until the DJ leaves / is kicked.

so in that case, you'd end up connecting SAM to sc_trans (assuming it's all been setup correctly) and would need to ensure that you're using the ports opened by sc_trans and not the DNAS otherwise it won't work.

it's a bit confusing and sc_trans is not easy to setup so unless you want the stream up 24/7 with an auto-dj aspect and then just allowing you / your partner to connect as needed, you could just connect to the DNAS directly as needed.

without knowing _what_ you're actually expecting to do (and would have been good to mention sc_trans at the start), it's hard to know if you even need to be using it or not.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support