Old 4th January 2011, 11:57   #1
Gascavo

Auto-tag in File Info window

There always was an Auto-tag button in File Info window, it is gone in 5.601. Is that a bug? I suppose Auto-tag feature still available thru Media Library, but i am not installing it. Please, return this magic button.
Gascavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 12:02   #2
DrO

the auto-tag button is usually hidden if the components it needs to run are not present and that was changed a few versions back as people were complaining it was there when it wouldn't work. sounds like the gracenote libraries aren't correctly installed with your install.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 12:37   #3
Gascavo

Now I remember how i decompressed Winamp distribution pack using 7-zip to get necessary gracenote files for old Winamp version . Now that is not enough. Is there a param in winamp.ini to return this button?
It's shame that Auto-tagger is under Media Library section of installer so one have to install ML, despite Auto-tagger can work stand-alone.
Gascavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 12:47   #4
DrO

it's hard-coded into winamp.exe to enable/disable the button as appropriate. if you run the installer with the minimal parts need to get the autotagger and then remove the ml plug-ins afterwards then it should work though no guarantees.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist