Old 4th February 2013, 15:20   #1
MGSteve

iPod Sync issue?

I've got 19 tracks that won't sync over to the iPod, they come up with a 'Transfer Failed' error.

I've done some digging and they've all got bitrates over 250, which I noticed was a default trigger value for transcoding. So I turned transcoding off and it still fails.

Is this limit hard coded into WinAmp's iPod code or something? The iPod itself supports a bit rate of around 380 if memory serves, so these shouldn't present a problem as they're all under it.

I've just rechecked and there are tracks copied over that are over 250, even up to 300 anyway, so I'm no longer so sure its bitrate related.

But as winamp gives no indication, I'm bemused as to why its refusing to transfer these certain tracks.
MGSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 15:35   #2
MGSteve

Just incase it helps others, I think I got to the bottom of it in my case. My wife uses iTunes on her laptop which points to the same network location as WinAmp. I added the files to WinAmp first and I suspect iTunes renamed the files when importing them into iTunes.

I had to remove the dud entries from WinAmp and this is the bit that's easy to miss - you need to remove them from the play lists as well.

I've done that, re-added them in again and it appears they're transferring fine now.
MGSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support