Old 13th June 2013, 09:53   #1
yayou

Having History along with visualisation and file info

Hi everybody,

I would like to have at the same time the history, the visualisation and the file information such as Album and year. With Winamp modern skin I can have the history and the visualisation but to see the album and the year, I must double clic on the file. With Bentoo, I can have the history and the tag info I need (in the multi view window) but to have the visualisation I must leave the history tab to go the visualisation one. So what could solve my problem is:
In modern skin:
- a way (for example a plug-in) which just adds the tag info I need, as I already have visualisation and History;

In bentoo:
- a way to send the visualisation in the album art for example;
- an independent window which could display the visualisation;
- customizing the notification for him to display the year and remain visible;

How could I do one of these things please?

Thanx for having read.
yayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 11:27   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

With a classic skin you can detach the windows and arrange them the way you want and see what you want.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 13:05   #3
DrO

click the button surrounded in red, then go to file info components and check 'visualisation' which should be the first item in the popout menu. that's how you get the view in the screenshot and you can then have the history view open in the library pane.

if not then Aminifu's suggestion is the other way to do it and with that scenario, you could use the album art plug-in from the Essentials Pack to get an equivalent of the file info area in Bento as it's own window (you'd need to right-click in the album art window once installed and enable the option to see details for the item. that way you can also have the library + vis + history all shown and sized as needed (which is not really possible with say Bento where the file info part is a fixed size).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bento.png
Views:	103
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	50593  
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 10:33   #4
yayou

Thanx to you men for your answers. But DrO, I've already found your trick but it's too small. Aminifu, If you talk about the first traditional skin of winamp, I don't use it. I prefere the modern one and Bentoo. I'll try the essential pack and see what it can do for me. But isn't there a way to display album and year in the main window while a song is played (the one where there is artist, title, equalizer, play and pause button etc) ?
Old 14th June 2013, 10:38   #5
DrO

you could change the ATF string (preferences -> titles) though that also means that the information will show in the playlist editor (as what is shown in there is what will appear in the song ticker).

if not, the source code for the bento and modern skins are available and you could edit things to get the sizes / usage of areas as needed (though i doubt that'll be feasible for you).
Old 14th June 2013, 11:26   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayou View Post
Aminifu, If you talk about the first traditional skin of winamp, I don't use it.
There are dozens of classic skins beyond the one in the Winamp installer package. Look on the main website. Click on "Skins" in the menu bar at the top of this page. It can take some time to find one or more you may like. Classic skins provide the major Winamp components in separate windows that you can re-size and position were you want on your display screen.

The artwork plug-in DrO mentioned is designed to work with classic skins since they do not display album images the way modern skins can. I suggest you only install the plug-ins from the Essentials Pack that you will actually use. If you do install all the plug-ins in the package, make written note of them so that you can uninstall those you later decide you do not need.

Even with modern skins you have some control of the relative sizes of the various sections. Put the mouse pointer on the lines separating the sections, when it turns into a double headed arrow, you can click and drag to change the size of sections at the expense of adjoining sections.

Old 18th June 2013, 13:38   #7
yayou

Thanx again, for all these precious advices. I've already watched other skin (a long time though) but they didn't pleased me compared to winamp installer's ones.

DrO, playing with the source code? Ok, but not now. But it was a good suggestion.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:50   #8
yayou

Guys ! you've been great. The essential pack saved my life. Displaying info in the album art window worked with the Classic, the Modern and even with Bento skin. It can even be integrated in the main window and resized. To really have what I wanted, I need to use the Modern skin. In Bento what is causing problem is the fact that the visualisation can't be seen elsewhere than in the tab. Or is there a way to display it elsewhere ?
Old 4th July 2013, 18:21   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
... In Bento what is causing problem is the fact that the visualisation can't be seen elsewhere than in the tab. Or is there a way to display it elsewhere ?
Bento, Big Bento, and skins like them are designed to be all-in-one skins, so I don't think it is possible (at least not easily) to 'break out' their panels as separate windows. There could very well be plug-ins for just displaying visualizations, but I don't have direct knowledge of any. I would expect if there are, they would have been designed for earlier versions of Windows and thus may have problems running on the recent versions (Vista and since).

Old 5th July 2013, 08:53   #10
yayou

This is also what I think but I will all the same browse within visualisation plugins. But there is another problem. Yesterday I've tried the essentials pack on my winamp 5.63 installed in windows XP SP2 in a virtualbox virtual machine. The album art plugin version is 0.91. But what is surprising is that I've installed the last version of this plugin in winamp 5.64 in my personal laptop under windows 7 and the plugin is different. In the virtual machine winamp classic skin, when doing a right click I have the possibility to embed the album art window in the media library along with the possibility to enable the details view. But in winamp 5.64 in windows 7 those 2 important option are absent. So I don't understand how? I've deinstalled winamp 5.64 to install 5.63 with the same plugin version than in my virtual machine and the same problem occur: I don't have the 2 option I'm needing. Do you why and what to do to have the full display of the plugin menu ?
Old 5th July 2013, 18:01   #11
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi yayou,

The Essentials Package is updated, from time to time, just like Winamp is updated. You should use the version of EP that matches the version of Winamp you are using. Newer versions of both will have more features and bug fixes than older versions. Mixing versions could have the results you are seeing, if they work together at all. The official stance is to use the latest versions of both and not mix versions.

Until recently, some of these plug-ins did not have the version info in their headers, so the EP installation package could not tell if it would be replacing a newer version with an older old. I'm not sure what the package does (overwrite an existing plug-in or leave it alone). One sure way to get the versions of things you want is to do a 'clean uninstall' of everything and then reinstall the version of Winamp and EP that you want.

Old 5th July 2013, 19:12   #12
yayou

This is what I've done, Aminifu. When I tried to install the latest version of the plugin it told me that I need the last winamp version. So I deinstalled the 5.63 to install the 5.64. After that I succeeded to install the plugin last version. Before installing winamp last version, I cleaned registers with cCleaner. So at the end I had winamp last version along with EP last version, and the menu lack what I need.
Old 5th July 2013, 19:35   #13
yayou

Yeesssssssss! Now it works. I think that the problem is that the language of my previous winamp was French. I turned it into English (US) and now I have the menu I wanted. That's great. Winamp ! What a soft !
Old 5th July 2013, 19:35   #14
Aminifu
Forum King

That particular plug-in was pulled last February by it's dev (DrO), I'm not sure if it is still being supported. Since it is in the EP, it may be.

I suggest you use Koopa's Winamp Info Tool (link below) to generate an extended report of your Winamp configurations. It is a stand-alone app (close Winamp before running it) that will list the components with their version numbers (if possible) of what is installed. Maybe there is some small non-obvilous difference between the two configurations.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=328932

Old 5th July 2013, 19:38   #15
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Yeesssssssss! Now it works. I think that the problem is that the language of my previous winamp was French. I turned it into English (US) and now I have the menu I wanted. That's great. Winamp ! What a soft !
Yes, some language packs still need updating. Sorry I didn't think of that. Anyway, the info tool I linked to in my last post is good for pointing out such things.

Old 6th July 2013, 06:56   #16
yayou

There's still problems. First, just a little notice: The album art don't display the Title. It displays Artist, album,... but no title. That's not bad because it's displayed elsewhere.
The big problem is that now in the album all the informations has disappeared. The only thing shown is the frame for the album art but no Artist, no album,... I've reinstalled the plugin, changed the skin but it's still the same: nothing else appear. On a right click, I still can see the menu I wanted but even when I play a song, there nothing else but the frame. That's annoying.
Old 6th July 2013, 09:24   #17
DrO

it doesn't show the title by design as its about showing the album art and so album details.

as for it not working, I don't get what you've done since earlier when it was working to now where its not. or its not able to get info from the files but I'm not even sure what you're actually seeing now. so would be best to provide some screenshots or video to better visualise the issue.
Old 6th July 2013, 20:54   #18
yayou

I did nothing else than customizing winamp for my usage. I thought that I've breaked a thing while doing that (perhaps one of the options I've choosen is incompatible with the good functionning of this plugin) but the info I needed went back suddenly, like magic. Perhaps was it a little vagary. I'll pay attention to my actions (now that I've finished my customizing) to know what could have cause this bug. I'll go back to you as soon as I can tell you something clearer.
Thank you men.
Old 7th July 2013, 17:36   #19
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi yayou,

Glad you have things working the way you want.

It isn't clear from your earlier posts if you actually did a 'clean uninstall'. For future reference, using the native Winamp uninstaller (directly or via the Windows uninstaller utility) and CCleaner is not enough.

The native Winamp uninstaller may leave things behind (3rd party plug-ins, configuration files, etc.). These items would need to be deleted manually or you could use a 3rd party uninstaller like "Revo Uninstaller" that will check for items left behind by native uninstallers (in folders and the registry) and let you delete them. The free version of 'RU' doesn't support 64-bit apps and apps that require a reboot to completely remove themselves. If you need these features, use Google to search for other free uninstallers (like "GeekUninstaller") without these limitations.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

Old 8th July 2013, 09:21   #20
yayou

Thanx for the good info.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support