Old 1st November 2015, 20:38   #1
xbirdseedx

winamp winebottler osx plugin support/install

can't seem to figure out how to install plugins for winamp via winebottler on osx 10.9/10.10

anyone figure it out? need to install my nosefart to jam NSF files!!
xbirdseedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 23:26   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Winebottler isn't supported on the forums. However, I have a suspicion that if you open the Winebottled Winamp .app file in a folder view (right click then click "Show Package Contents") you'll eventually find the Plugins folder if you dig deep enough. If the plugin is delivered with an installer, you'll need to manually extract the plugin DLL (and any supporting DLLs/files) from the installer and put it into the Plugins folder.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 03:36   #3
xbirdseedx

thanks, i should have updated that i did that to no avail.. even deleted dll's thinking maybe ill see them removed or cause a crash, nope. very bizarre.
Old 3rd November 2015, 03:47   #4
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Then it sounds like you've already got Wine installed on your Mac and Winamp is picking up folders for your current Wine install instead of the winebottler package contents. I'm not uber-familiar with Macs so unless I'm sitting infront of your screen myself I can't tell you where that folder is. You'll probably need to consult the man page for your Wine install or ask on the Wine forums.

The only other thing I can think of is to "sudo -s" into root and then google and execute a command to search your entire hard drive, especially the hidden and system folders, for a file that's unique to the Plugins folder, like say "in_mp3.dll"

Last edited by thinktink; 3rd November 2015 at 03:49. Reason: included shot-in-the-dark.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 03:52   #5
xbirdseedx

yea thats smart! will report back in case others are lurking.. thx
Old 3rd November 2015, 04:15   #6
xbirdseedx

for some reason cant get the port to read the 'new' folder contents so as a test i installed winamp on pc, installed all the plugins, then ran it thru winebottler and it went well. all my plugins were read and so far so good.

if only i could figure out how to double click mp3/nsf in osx and have it open the winebottler winamp..

thx! hope this helps anyone..
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support