Old 6th January 2012, 07:01   #1
illuder

multiple channels in Shoutcast

Hi
I want to transmit multiple stations using one shoutcast server.

A simple explanation.

1- I have various sites which needs to transmit audio
2- These sites transmits to ONE Shoutcast server. Each sites administrator can login to the server to adjust the settings/information of his site.
3- Users use their mobiles, select which site they want to listen to, and tune in. They also receive information which the admin input (in step 2).

There’s a few more features required, but the above is the skeleton of how/what must be done.

Please advise if this can be done?
tx
illuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2012, 20:13   #2
Runegypsy

So for example u want output 1 to play music, output 2 to play classical music and output 3 to be a news read feed? You will need to get a few more server ports, but im not sure how you would do it all off of one client? unless u use winamp for one? sam for another and virtual dj for another? etc..
Runegypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 10:56   #3
illuder

yes, different radio stations with different content.
Then I have a website where clients can select which channel he wants to listen to and stream that channel.
Old 8th January 2012, 10:58   #4
illuder

SHOUTcast INPUT

Hi

ShoutCAST 2.0 supports multiple radio stations on one server. This means that I can run multiple streams from one server. My website visitor can select which channels/station he wants to listen to.

How can we input multiple content into the server?
Old 8th January 2012, 13:46   #5
fc*uk

you would provide links to two .pls files that would each link to the respective stream.

If this still works the old way, which I guess it must, those two links hit two different ports on your server.

So, for example:

Server 1: http://IP_ADDRESS:Port1/listen.pls
Server 2: http://SAME_IP_ADDRESS:Port2/listen.pls
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 13:48   #6
fc*uk

Big edit.

I merged them instead. Not too entirely awkward...
Old 8th January 2012, 20:23   #7
DrO

if using the v2 DNAS, then all client connections are made on the same port. it's the streampath or /listen.pls?sid=# (where # is the stream number) which allows for accessing the differently hosted streams from the same DNAS.

serving the different streams is the easy part, to be able to feed them, currently a v2 compatible source needs to be used otherwise only one source is able to connect. though i am contemplating if allowing for the source input to be done on a per-stream basis which then allows for multiple v1 sources to be able to connect to the v2 DNAS which then may help more people move over to using it when they are dependent upon v1 based tools for the time being (though i've a feeling doing that will then make more people keep using the older style tools *shrugs* ).

and with point #2 from the first post, that can be done via the streampassword and streamadminpassword options which allow for isolation of the stream administration (with adminpassword being used as the master server password). the only limitation with the stream isolation is that only the server admin can see the log contents since there's no separation of the log details on a per-stream basis.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 20:35   #8
fc*uk

that's a neat trick.

I really should update my servers.

I have the latest and greatest at home, just never bothered to bring the servers I use up to speed ...
Old 8th January 2012, 20:50   #9
DrO

i'd probably hold out updating until the next drop - resolves a load of issues and is more v1 like in certain aspects to make updating, etc simpler

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions