Old 3rd February 2011, 20:17   #1
jcostanzo

Device plugin

Hello,

I am developing Winamp integration for PushLife, a mobile phone media platform. For a prototype, I need to extract library information from Winamp and later modify library information. So far I have successfully compiled and installed ml_xmlex that ships with Winamp SDK 5.55.

Could someone give me some pointers on how I should go about extracting library information? So far I have tried using SendMessage() with ML_IPC_TREEITEM_GETROOT hoping to navigate the tree and extract track information, but this has not worked so far. Any recommendations are welcome!

Thanks a bunch!

Jerred
jcostanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:33   #2
DrO

what information are you trying to extract / modify?

also ML_IPC_TREEITEM_GETROOT i doubt is what you want to use as that's for working with the tree of views in the ml and not metadata (as i'd guess you're wanting to acquire).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:39   #3
jcostanzo

Device Plugin

Hey Daz,

Thanks for the prompt reply. You guessed right, I am interested in extracting track metadata, and modifying existing track metadata. Eventually I would like to add/remove tracks from the library as well. How do you recommend I go about it?

Thanks again,

Jerred
Old 4th February 2011, 19:03   #4
jcostanzo

I think I have figured out how to get/set track metadata. My main problem is media library management. Can you list all the contents of the music library, add and remove tracks?

Thanks,

Jerred
Old 4th February 2011, 20:40   #5
jcostanzo

I may have found a lead, but I'm not sure what format api_mldb::Query() expects.

Has anyone out there used api_mldb::Query() before?

Last edited by jcostanzo; 4th February 2011 at 20:45. Reason: typo
Old 4th February 2011, 22:14   #6
DrO

ml.h should have all of the required api's with the means to run a query to get the files wanted (basically using the query language to get the result) and there are (from memory as i cannot check) apis allowing for adding/updating/removing things. as for api_mldb, i've never used it though i can't remember how much it is used internally but as it's a recently new thing there's probably not much docs / attempts by anyone to use it (at least from what i've seen external of core plug-in usage).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development

Tags
library, media, plug-in, plugin, tag