Old 29th April 2000, 04:58   #1
DAK

I'm playing cd's with Winamp thru my cd-rom. The problem is the lack of the spectrum analyer function. Without it I can't use visualization plug-in that use the spectrum analyzer. I can't find anything in the config settings. Am I missing something simple?
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2000, 05:57   #2
drew_31

I've been trying to figure this one out myself. I have the same problem.
Old 29th April 2000, 06:03   #3
Tom

Download ans install the CD Reader plugin http://www.winamp.com/customize/deta...omponentId=546
and everything should be the way you want it.

Tom
http://players.shoutclub.net
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2000, 07:19   #4
drew_31

Thanks Tom, Your a stud in my book. Great site too(bookmarked).
Old 16th May 2000, 20:45   #5
Rajeev

I installed the plugin but now I get like blips every couple of seconds.
I even turned the priority all the way up. It didn't do this before w/o the plugin.
Most of the time the problem is the song moves back like a split second and replays the same music.
Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks.
Rajeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2000, 21:49   #6
Tom

Rajeev,
First try disabling you old plugin by changing its name from in_cdda.dll to in_cdda.old, now restart Winamp if you still have problems then read the paragraph below.

Most likely your drive has problems with DAE (Digital Audio Extraction, one of my drives does a similar thing). I would just remove the in_CDReader.dll from the plugin folder, then you will need to rename in_cdda.old to in_cdda.dll then you will be back where you started.

Tom
http://players.shoutclub.net
Old 18th May 2000, 09:26   #7
Rajeev

I haven't gone to work to try this out yet, but it seems you want me to change everything back to the way it was before. Well, the reason I added the plugin so I could use the equalizer. Or am I misunderstanding. I'll try what you said today.
If not, I guess there's no other option?
Thanks.
Rajeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2000, 09:50   #8
Tom

Yes, in that post I am basically having you first disable any other plugin that might be interfering, then if that fails get rid of the CD Reader plugin. There is not to much tweaking to be done with the CD Reader, it is kind of hit or miss and in your case it sounds like a miss. Unfortunatly by removing this plugin you will not be able to use the equilizer for cd's, but you will get rid of those annoying blips you experienced with the CD Reader plugin, however you will again experience the repeat of the first second or two of cd tracks bug that plagues the in_cdda.dll plugin.

Tom
Old 5th August 2000, 01:43   #9
ericD

Tom,
I had the same problem - no spectrum ana. W/CD's and no eq W/CD's I Downloaded the patch and it works great - you are the man!
ericD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2000, 17:21   #10
Charmander

Send a message via ICQ to Charmander
For Vis These patches shouldn't be needed as long as your sound card's input mode is selected to sample the cd rather than mic! of if you have the mixer option use it if you wish! this way there is no swapping from line to cd or mic to cd vice versa!

I Have The Wide & Dynamics DSP - I wouldnt worry abuot the titles as I can memorise / read off cover - I Use The Cdda2wav plugin tool - Its great. Which means That I can copy to C drive and add echo and increase to speed and other things! and save it that way and mix with other files!

------------------
Charmander
Charmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2000, 03:45   #11
keoky

Dudes how can I use any visualization plugin with the CD or use any VIS plugin with the line in input? there's an option in the cd in reader but how can I change the sampling rate. I have a sblive please email me at keoky@hotmail.com
keoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support