Old 16th December 2001, 03:57   #1
liquidmotion
Smokes Two Joints
Beta Team

Send a message via ICQ to liquidmotion
thoughts on the LDS (Mormon) religion

let me know what you think of the LDS religion, based mostly in Utah, where I live.

I am very skeptical about most of their beliefs (my 2 cents).

cya

For a good time: shup | stashbox | my homepage
Old 16th December 2001, 04:20   #2
rm'
Banned

Oh god. Don't do this. I'll end up tearing into every religion on the planet, hurting a lot of people.
Old 16th December 2001, 04:29   #3
Jon Deaux
Major Dude

Oh, I thought he said LSD religion.
Nevermind.

"Nothing really matters much to me"-Freddie Mercury
Old 16th December 2001, 04:41   #4
Aeroe
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Aeroe
Besides being one of the largest cults?

I was warned about such groups that preach another gospel and another Jesus. They deny many things found in scripture and add many things to scripture to fit their needs.
Old 16th December 2001, 14:30   #5
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
I think their "tithing" practice is appalling, I wont go any further...
Old 16th December 2001, 22:15   #6
liquidmotion
Smokes Two Joints
Beta Team

the whole Christ in the Americas business is rediculous;
plus, like Xerxes said, the tithing system is strange, because their Boy Scouts never have any money, although the church is making millions ;P

Old 16th December 2001, 22:26   #7
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
i'm catholic, an i think tithing is crap too. a couple of weeks at at church, they had a couple come up, both engineers, with one child, and talk about tithing. i damn near walked out. there were people in that building who had 4,5,6 kids to support and try to put through catholic school, on one modest salary. if it was up to me, i'd never go back there again.

missyob made me post this.
Old 16th December 2001, 22:26   #8
SNYder
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Deaux
Oh, I thought he said LSD religion.
Nevermind.
I wanna join that religion!
Old 16th December 2001, 23:46   #9
Anacific
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Anacific
ROFLMAO!

"He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence." - William Blake
WSPA | WWF | RSPCA | AAPA | Green Peace - Know and help...
The Rainforest Site | The Animal Rescue Site - Click and help...
Old 16th December 2001, 23:55   #10
Jon Deaux
Major Dude

Ethenogenopian Coptic?

Hmmm, maybe we oughtta start one.
Religion that is...seems to be a few bucks in it!

Old 17th December 2001, 00:12   #11
Aeroe
Major Dude

there's nothing wrong with asking for offerings, if used in discretion and the motives are pure. the needs of the church often expand and how they reach others depends on how much finacial support they get. the only time a set ammount was discussed was thousands of years ago, at a tenth. that was since the hebrews gave too much and they needed to set a limit.

it's a touchy subject, but it's put plainly by Paul in his second letter to the church in Corinth. (i could just say 2 Corinthians 9:7, but i love the history)
"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
Old 17th December 2001, 00:24   #12
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Tithing is still going on? I thought that died out at the end of the middle ages.

Or are we talking about different meanings of the same word?
Old 17th December 2001, 00:28   #13
Ziptrix

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeroe
Besides being one of the largest cults?

I was warned about such groups that preach another gospel and another Jesus. They deny many things found in scripture and add many things to scripture to fit their needs.
Just so you know: If you mean scripture has the Bible, the Mormons have not altered it. They don't deny anything that is in the Bible, nor do they preach about another Jesus or gospel.

They have 2 scriptures: the Bible and the Book of Mormon.
Book of Mormon - their continuation of the Gospel

"I think their "tithing" practice is appalling, I wont go any further..."

Do you know what their "tithing" practice is?

Other churchs ask for "offerings" too. Just in different ways.
Try giving your opinion, without thinking "your religion" is better.

My opinion is: Religion is skeptical. "Die-hard Jesus" fanatics don't believe in evolution and vice versa.
Old 17th December 2001, 00:31   #14
deathazre
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to deathazre Send a message via AIM to deathazre
have you ever noticed that the book of Mormon is bigger than a lot of regular bibles?
Old 17th December 2001, 00:32   #15
Bilbo Baggins

Maybe they have bigger fires in those parts ofthe world
Old 17th December 2001, 00:33   #16
Ziptrix

Quote:
Originally posted by deathazre
have you ever noticed that the book of Mormon is bigger than a lot of regular bibles?
Look again.....it's half the size of the Bible
Old 17th December 2001, 00:34   #17
colicab

Send a message via ICQ to colicab Send a message via AIM to colicab
I know they believe God lives on some planet near the star Kolonb, having spiritual sons and daughters with his many wives. And the sons and daughters which have dark skin are lesser, or somesuch thing.

That's the one weird thing they never come out and tell you. Really, anyone who believes that is fucked up.
Old 17th December 2001, 00:35   #18
deathazre
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to deathazre Send a message via AIM to deathazre
or not?
never contradict me, unless you know you're right
Old 17th December 2001, 00:38   #19
Jon Deaux
Major Dude

Why don't we just do a peyote ceremony and see how we feel about it in the morning.
Witchitia Tia Timerra whoraneka whoraneka.

Old 17th December 2001, 00:39   #20
Ziptrix

Quote:
Originally posted by deathazre
or not?
never contradict me, unless you know you're right
ummm I use to be Mormon so I think I would know this.

"I know they believe God lives on some planet near the star Kolonb, having spiritual sons and daughters with his many wives. And the sons and daughters which have dark skin are lesser, or somesuch thing.

That's the one weird thing they never come out and tell you. Really, anyone who believes that is fucked up."

They don't believe that.
Old 17th December 2001, 04:03   #21
dollerspark
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dollerspark
Hey! I'm Mormon!...jk. I was raised in the religion, but I'm not so sure right now, some of the things they do like Baptisms for the Dead (baptising dead people into their religion) are just so wrong I can't even believe people would do that.

Let me just say this: I don't care what you believe as long as it helps you reach inner peace and does not hurt anyone else (being dissapointed does not count).

I have found a lot of bumper stickers (yeah, laugh if you want) about religion and frankly, most of them seem pretty true to me. Some are in my sig and others are here: evolvefish

"We are fortunate: we are alive; we are powerful; the welfare of our civilization and our species is in our hands. If we do not speak for Earth, who will? If we are not committed to our own survival, who will be?" -Carl Sagan
Old 17th December 2001, 05:01   #22
devhen

not only am i a mormon but i also consider myself very interested in spirituality and have spent much time learning about both christianity as well as eastern religions, which please me very much. all i can say is that if anyone really wants to know about the mormon religion, this thread is obviously not the place. it seems no one here knows what there talking about besides possibly Ziptrix. for me, the mormon religion gives me a strong base to stand on. without it i'm afraid i would never have developed an understanding and love for who i call god. the practices of the mormon religion are very much based on common sense and common good and i love what i have learned from attending church meetings. if you are searching for the god that created you, the mormon religion is definately a place to start (though from there your journey will become more so individualized than "religious", in the organizational sense). merry christmas everyone. i'm getting some gorgeous speakers for my laptop and i'm excited.

i forgot to mention - no where else in the world will you find christians that are more passionate about their religion than mormons are. they are this way because they truely do believe in what they tell you they believe in. whether you despise them or not - their religion helps them to be happy and those of you that know active mormons know that they are generally very happy people. they at peace with the world, just like people in eastern religions. and isn't happiness what this is all about? happiness and truth, yes, that is all that matters.
Old 17th December 2001, 05:18   #23
Ziptrix

I agree with devhan to a point. Mormons are really into what they believe and SOME are respectable people. I grew up in the religion and made the decision to have my name removed from the Mormon records. I disagree with some their teachings.

If you want to learn or at least understand what they believe, research it. To do a poll, on a website not relating to it, is wrong.

How many of you have kids? Out of those who have kids, are your kids baptized into your church (religion)?
Old 17th December 2001, 10:28   #24
dollerspark
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by devhen
all i can say is that if anyone really wants to know about the mormon religion, this thread is obviously not the place.
dehven's got a point. If you want to know what this religion believes, then go to their church or their website www.lds.org.

To tell you the truth, I am sick of the things they say, like that it's better to date/marry other Mormons than other people and things like that. Most of the Mormons at my school think that they are better than everyone else because they are Mormon, but if you asked them they would explain that they believe that they treat everyone the same.

I also don't like the idea of confessing to a bishop your sins like they are someone higher than you. They suggest you do it because it "helps in the repentance process".

I would also like to say that this is simply my opinion and i'm not really trying to pull anyone away from the church. Instead, I want people to hear both sides. Like I said earlier, I was raised in the church. I never heard anything else until I was 13 and then it really sank in that I could actually think for myself instead of just believing every word they said. Now I've stepped back and looked at all the things they were teaching and I'm so glad that I can freely think because I would not want some of that trash in my head.

"We are fortunate: we are alive; we are powerful; the welfare of our civilization and our species is in our hands. If we do not speak for Earth, who will? If we are not committed to our own survival, who will be?" -Carl Sagan
Old 17th December 2001, 10:48   #25
Ziptrix

Quote:
Originally posted by dollerspark

dehven's got a point. If you want to know what this religion believes, then go to their church or their website www.lds.org.

To tell you the truth, I am sick of the things they say, like that it's better to date/marry other Mormons than other people and things like that. Most of the Mormons at my school think that they are better than everyone else because they are Mormon, but if you asked them they would explain that they believe that they treat everyone the same.

I also don't like the idea of confessing to a bishop your sins like they are someone higher than you. They suggest you do it because it "helps in the repentance process".

I would also like to say that this is simply my opinion and i'm not really trying to pull anyone away from the church. Instead, I want people to hear both sides. Like I said earlier, I was raised in the church. I never heard anything else until I was 13 and then it really sank in that I could actually think for myself instead of just believing every word they said. Now I've stepped back and looked at all the things they were teaching and I'm so glad that I can freely think because I would not want some of that trash in my head.
ROLF....sorry to laugh but I know what you are talking about. I didn't like being told that I had to wear a white shirt and tie to church. I mean it's church. You sit in a pew and listen to people, interupt your sleep, I mean talk. The places I have lived, the Mormoms acted like they were the top of the world and everything was "lower" then them. I also didn't like being told that I couldn't a Pepsi. See Mormons have a thing called the Word of Wisdom. It states a bunch of different "guidelines". One of them is "Don't partake of things that harm the body" or something like that. Well caffeine is bad for the body, and some Mormons take this very serious; even to the point of infringing on others. One bad thing about some Mormons, they like to force what they believe on others or make it seem like they are better.

Oh I remember confessing to the bishop my teenage sex encounters with the Boy Scout leader's daughter. hee hee hee That was funny! I think it may have been funnier when I told hom to "fu** off" on Sunday during church. What can I say? A teenager with an attitude and an old man telling me what to do....oh well!
Old 17th December 2001, 13:36   #26
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Yes they have an anti-caffiene thing but at the same time the Mormon Church owns a share in Pepsi (I believe its pepsi)

We have a mormon convert in our family who is very NOT aloof like most of them are. I went up to her and her friends once and asked
"Are Mormons allowed to fart?" and they thought it was very funny

Old 17th December 2001, 14:43   #27
SNYder
Forum King

Anyone see last years RealWorld (MTV)?

Julie, the Mormon, comes to the house with morman guidelines and prejudice burned in her mind. Like by the second or third episode, she begins crying like crazy and starts talking about how when she first met David, one of the black guys in the house, she had very prejudice thoughts about him, and she was now angry with herself cause he and her began to become friends, and it was so much of a shock cause the only time she had ever even experienced black people was from watching TV. She just pored her heart out talking about how the religion/school/people have drilled these prejudices in her mind, and now she just suddenly, at age 20, have been exposed to the real world.

Later, similar subjects get touched on, but dealing with the homosexuality, because there is a gay guy living in the house too. He has his love (a guy, duh) come visit the house ever couple of shows, but he has to have his face blurred out cause he is in the army and if someone finds out he is gay, he will be discharged. Well, this all exposes Julie to yet another thing she has had completely drilled into her head as wrong. But she begins to see that these two are truly in love and it is not her place to tell someone what sex to love.

The one thing that stood out most from that years show was when Julie was sent an magazine from a friend of hers back home. The magazines cover and main story were about a Mormon teenager who killed himself. You see, the teen (16-18) came out that he was gay. Well, he was immediately disowned by his parents, everyone at his school began to torment him and beat him up after school. Well it all became too much for him and he took his life. The magazine took a deep look at Mormonism and it's practices.

It was tough to hold back my own tears as Julie was crying so hard.

Well, by the end of the show that year, of course, like any happy ending, Julie has learned so much about herself and the world and has learned to think for herself and not to let others drive her to hate. She is still Mormon and is happy with that, but she now looks at it with a different view... or more leveled view.

Guess it goes to show that not ALL Mormons are bad, just like not all Christians are close minded or bad (my dad).

Well if you think all this means nothing cause it was just a TV show, here's something I experienced in real life.

One of my good friends, a 40 year old guy, is now going through the process of attempting to taking legal custody of a 15 year old kid right now. "So?" you say? Well this kid came out of the closet about 5 months ago. This kid is Mormon. His whole family is. Well, when he told his parents that he was gay, they just disowned him right there, not legally, but in spirt. They told him him*was no longer their son, but would only feed him for fear of going to jail. His not uttered a word to him for the last 5 months, going as far as to not even look at him. His father will do nothing for him, basically neglecting him except for feeding him. He wont drive him anywhere and won't give him money for anything, which meant he had to get a job himself.

So my friend, at the childs request, is looking to take legal custody of him.

... my god I typed a lot. =\ I am in Graphics Design class right now, and this discussion caught my interest. Sorry to take up space. I'd edit this, but I don't have time, so sorry for the bad grammer. Gotta finish my work.

Peace.
Old 17th December 2001, 15:58   #28
Ziptrix

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes
Yes they have an anti-caffiene thing but at the same time the Mormon Church owns a share in Pepsi (I believe its pepsi)

We have a mormon convert in our family who is very NOT aloof like most of them are. I went up to her and her friends once and asked
It's coke.....double standard? I remember that RealWorld season. Very entertaining. Not all Mormons are bad. Just like not all blacks, whites, purples, yellows and pinks are bad. So by prejudging Mormons and shunning them, for what we have heard others say , isn't that a form of prejudice? I mean if you dislike Mormons just because of what someone has told you about them, then you have some issues. If you dislike Mormons, after your own discoveries, that is a different story.
Old 17th December 2001, 16:08   #29
Bilbo Baggins

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes

Fucking hilarious
Old 17th December 2001, 20:40   #30
liquidmotion
Smokes Two Joints
Beta Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziptrix

Just so you know: If you mean scripture has the Bible, the Mormons have not altered it. They don't deny anything that is in the Bible, nor do they preach about another Jesus or gospel.

They have 2 scriptures: the Bible and the Book of Mormon.
Book of Mormon - their continuation of the Gospel

"I think their "tithing" practice is appalling, I wont go any further..."

Do you know what their "tithing" practice is?

Other churchs ask for "offerings" too. Just in different ways.
Try giving your opinion, without thinking "your religion" is better.

My opinion is: Religion is skeptical. "Die-hard Jesus" fanatics don't believe in evolution and vice versa.
the tithing practice: 10% of your paycheck has to/should go to the church.

mormons do believe jesus was in north america. scripture usually refers to the book of mormon when an lds person says scripture.

cya

Old 17th December 2001, 20:52   #31
Ziptrix

Quote:
Originally posted by liquidmotion

the tithing practice: 10% of your paycheck has to/should go to the church.

mormons do believe jesus was in north america. scripture usually refers to the book of mormon when an lds person says scripture.

cya
10% is what the church would like to see, but you don't have to give anything. It is private so noone else knows what you offer. Better then a pan being passed about. Do you know what the tithing goes too?

Mormons do not believe that Jesus was North America.

And a LDS person refers to them as scriptures as in the Bible and The Book of Mormon. They use both in what they teach. I would like to see where you get your information from and then compare it to actually going for a Sunday and talk to the missioniares. You have your information all mixed up.
Old 17th December 2001, 20:58   #32
Aeroe
Major Dude

oh please, everytime something in the book of mormon contradicts something in the bible (which happens a lot) they say it's a biblical or translational error (with no evidence of that).

they deny who christ was; they even say jesus and satan/lucifier are spiritual brothers, the deny the trinity, they have a conflicting afterlife with christians; especially that men become gods.
i could go on and on...

as for the interesting event of baptizing the dead:
“And now, my dearly beloved brethren and sisters, let me assure you that these are principles in relation to the dead and the living that cannot be lightly passed over, as pertaining to our salvation. For their salvation is necessary and essential to our salvation…” (Doctrine and Covenants 128:15)

^ really whacked there ^
Old 17th December 2001, 21:38   #33
Ziptrix

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeroe
oh please, everytime something in the book of mormon contradicts something in the bible (which happens a lot) they say it's a biblical or translational error (with no evidence of that).

they deny who christ was; they even say jesus and satan/lucifier are spiritual brothers, the deny the trinity, they have a conflicting afterlife with christians; especially that men become gods.
i could go on and on...

as for the interesting event of baptizing the dead:
“And now, my dearly beloved brethren and sisters, let me assure you that these are principles in relation to the dead and the living that cannot be lightly passed over, as pertaining to our salvation. For their salvation is necessary and essential to our salvation…” (Doctrine and Covenants 128:15)

^ really whacked there ^
How do they deny who Christ was? The trinity as in the father, the son and the holy ghost? If so, they don't deny that either. How do they have conflicting afterlifes? Men becomes God? Where did you ever find that information??

Oh and just so you all know, there are 2 forms of LDS. That might help you clear up some confusing.

Whoa!! Things are developing. I'll post more and maybe shed some light on the whole thing.

Last edited by Ziptrix; 17th December 2001 at 21:55.
Old 17th December 2001, 23:04   #34
dollerspark
Major Dude

Wow, this is interesting to hear some of you people talking about Mormons, when in fact the stuff you're saying is not what they believe at all.

Ziptrix is right, they do not believe Jesus Christ came to North America.

The Book of Mormon talks about prophets in North America who believed in Jesus.

Really people, get your facts straight before you go off sounding like complete and total idiots (no offense, I'm just trying ot make a point).

Oh, and Xerxes, lol, I'm pretty sure Mormons are allowed to fart, but that is just hysterical! Now that I think about it, I'm not so sure...

Old 17th December 2001, 23:50   #35
Aeroe
Major Dude

you asked

“I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and that the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a Spirit: and these three constitute three distinct personages and three Gods.” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by Joseph Fielding Smith)
conflicts the bible

“Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.” (Doctrine and Covenants 93:29)
also conflicts the bible

“Joseph Smith taught that there were certain sins so grievous that man may commit, that they will place the transgressors beyond the power of the atonement of Christ. If these offenses are committed, then the blood of Christ will not cleanse them from their sins even though they repent.” (Doctrines of Salvation by Joseph F. Smith Vol. 1, p. 135)
very much conflicts with the bible

“Christ, the Firstborn, was the mightiest of all the spirit children of the Father.” (Mormon Doctrine by Bruce R. McConkie, p. 590)
need i bother?

“The President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints holds the keys of salvation for all men now living because he is the only one by whose authorization the sealing power of the priesthood can be used to seal men up to salvation and exaltation in the kingdom of God.” (Mormon Doctrine by Bruce R. Mc Conkie, P. 411)
who made this guy so holy?

“Nothing less than a complete apostasy from the Christian religion would warrant the establishment of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints.” (History of the Church Vol. I, p. X1)
um... ok i thought they considered themselves christian?

my answer?
“And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.” (Matthew 24:11)

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.” (I Timothy 4:1)

“For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the Apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an Angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.” (ll Cororinthians 11:13-15)

wouldn't make sense if a man knocks on your door and proclaims "i am a false prophet, with a false gospel and a false jesus. come follow me!"

wow...
/me so good...
Old 18th December 2001, 01:32   #36
SNYder
Forum King

HAHAHAHA! don't you just love contradicting people?
Old 18th December 2001, 01:36   #37
Ziptrix

LOL

It looks to me that you copied and pasted what you found from a website. Are you that gullible to read part of something and to believe it? I hope your not, but from the way it looks you are. I know you didn't open all those books and do the research. Please do the research and then make your point.

"Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.” (Doctrine and Covenants 93:29)
-Have you read the next several verses/chapters? That's the thing with the Book of Mormon and Doctrine & Convenants, they both are hard to understand. They say everything in one verse/chapter and then over the next several verses/chapters they explain it better.

“The President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints holds the keys of salvation for all men now living because he is the only one by whose authorization the sealing power of the priesthood can be used to seal men up to salvation and exaltation in the kingdom of God.” (Mormon Doctrine by Bruce R. Mc Conkie, P. 411)
-Just like saying who has the right to appoint The Pope?

I haven't read the books for the following, but I think they are for the "other" LDS. People get that confused ALOT. The other form of the LDS belief claims to be "the true Mormons" and neither one has anything to do with the other.
When Joseph Smith died, the religion split and that is when Brigham Young went off one way and Joseph Smith's family went another. So now we have 2 forms of Mormonism.

“I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and that the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a Spirit: and these three constitute three distinct personages and three Gods.” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by Joseph Fielding Smith)

“Joseph Smith taught that there were certain sins so grievous that man may commit, that they will place the transgressors beyond the power of the atonement of Christ. If these offenses are committed, then the blood of Christ will not cleanse them from their sins even though they repent.” (Doctrines of Salvation by Joseph F. Smith Vol. 1, p. 135)

“Christ, the Firstborn, was the mightiest of all the spirit children of the Father.” (Mormon Doctrine by Bruce R. McConkie, p. 590)

“Nothing less than a complete apostasy from the Christian religion would warrant the establishment of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints.” (History of the Church Vol. I, p. X1)

“And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.” (Matthew 24:11)
“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.” (I Timothy 4:1)
“For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the Apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an Angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.” (ll Cororinthians 11:13-15)
-Hell I can say that about Cathloics and others. Do you have 100% proof that Mormons are wrong for what they believe?
Old 18th December 2001, 01:53   #38
SNYder
Forum King

oooooo! He contradicted you back!

gotta love it!

All we need now is RM to give us his insight, which will subsiquently start a forum wide morman bashing flame war that will crumble the very foundations of the forum!!!! MAUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

[edit]damn... now that i read this, it sounded reeealy ignorant. ignore this post. sorry. =\
Old 18th December 2001, 02:00   #39
Ziptrix

Quote:
Originally posted by SNYder
oooooo! He contradicted you back!

gotta love it!

All we need now is RM to give us his insite, which will subsiguently start a forum wide morman bashing flame war that will crumble the very foundations of LIFE!!!! MAUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Not Mormon bashing. Just sad to see someone trying to make a point with nothing to back it up. Hell made me cry to see the "copy and paste" tactic he pulled.

Never Mormon were right in what they believed - just stating the truth about what they believe.

Hell! My personal opinion is - If you have to "belong" to a religion to find faith and peace, then you have some identity issues.
Old 18th December 2001, 02:03   #40
SNYder
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziptrix
Hell! My personal opinion is - If you have to "belong" to a religion to find faith and peace, then you have some identity issues.
Interesting opinion. I THINK i agree, but I need to think about it for a few minutes first.

p.s. don't you hate it when people quote you before you finish editing/changing your words.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions