Old 25th April 2014, 10:50   #1
mookee

extra hotkeys only for inside winamp

hi

i figured, if my pc is supposed to be a musicstation, , than hard and software should work together in a way we all know from any audio/video device out there: for starting cognizable forward- backward- louder- silent keys, which would be the arrow keys on a pc keyboard!

thats acctually it
so i tried to use the arrowkeys as < > seekers using global hotkeys and its great fun to work with them, BUT as its not wise to direct the arrowkeys to global hotkeys, as u "have to" use them for other things on your pc, it would be a great thing if you could choose additional hotkeys which only! work within winamp.

just imagine what we could do with that..

any ideas ?)

V christoph
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	setas.png
Views:	594
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	51123  
mookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 10:55   #2
DrO

just choose a different set of keyboard shortcuts via the hotkeys plug-in for the action required (if it's supported). since as you note, changing specific keys which are used globally is not an option, so things like Ctrl+Shift+arrow may work for your needs (as an example).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 11:39   #3
mookee

hi

thanks, but using an indirection like ctrl alt shift or whatever is not even half the fun. try it, its such a relief using only one button for one specific action which also is as visualy comprehensible as the arrowkeys.

is there no other way, like changing the presets of the fundamental winamps hotkeys (not the global). like actually winamp does seek the played file if you press < > !. is there a way to tell winamp not to seek but to skip? it would do the trick for less used seeking we could use ctrl < >

or a plugin (someone may write one
Old 25th April 2014, 11:48   #4
DrO

if you really want to break things, you can make a custom language pack and try altering the accelerator tables in the appropriate resource files to have them fire off different actions instead of what is already defined (which means knowing the id of the action to replace it with).

but not every action is provided in those and it can cause more issues than it's worth if not done correctly i.e. it's an unsupported action and if you break your Winamp install then it's on your head.

and really it's a lot simpler to use a global hotkey bound to Winamp instead of hacking resource files (as much as you don't seem to like the idea of using them, the whole point of them is so you can within reason assign actions to alternate shortcuts).

so you really need to compromise on what you're wanting i think as you're probably not going to like having to mess around with resource files and all of the possible issues that entails.
Old 25th April 2014, 13:43   #5
mookee

hey DrO

yeah, i see that . i also didnt mean that i dont like using the globals at all, i totally do

ctrl +< is forward
winkey +< is backward
winkey +^^ (the one above tap aka "zirkumflex") is 5 stars
alt +^^ is louder
ctrl+^^ is less loud (is there a word for in english?)
winkey + empty is start/pause

sometimes even using the very cool "mausii" which let me trigger key combinations through a mouse event (which is cool if you have more then 3 buttons on your mouse..

, i was just thinking of additional high performace handling directly within winamp...you know like the one button one action idea..

just for the fun of it , in case, which resource file is it you mean please? and is there a cataloge of action codes? dont know sh*t about that kind of stuff

thanks anyway so far ! and best wishes christoph
Old 25th April 2014, 22:31   #6
mookee

and still hoping for progress in that matter..
Old 25th April 2014, 22:40   #7
DrO

you'd have to use a resource editor on winamp.lng from the example language pack from http://xlat.meggamusic.co.uk/winamp/docs/xlat/xlat.html.

then you'd need to alter the respective accelerator table. command ids are in one of the older Winamp SDKs (or can be worked out from working through the menu resources in the winamp.lng file).

i.e. it's a pain to do if you don't know how Windows programs tend to work and implement things.
Old 27th April 2014, 18:36   #8
mookee

hmm.. THANKS
i have to think about it

any volunteers here?)

bw. c
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist