Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Old 9th August 2011, 13:44   #1
gaurav_verma22

Need to update shoutcast2 tags -- the keywords are all concatenated right now

Hello All,

I tried shoutcast2 for the first time a few days ago. While making the authkey, I had to enter the tags. so I entered x, y, z, ... After the key was made and the station went public, on shoutcast.com, the tags show up as xyz... (they are all concatenated), which is preventing the station from being searched effectively. Please advise on how this can be fixed. The station name is "Srimad Bhagavatam Maha Puran".

I am not sure how the YP2 information for the station can be updated. Thanks for all your help and guidance.

regards
Gaurav
gaurav_verma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 15:14   #2
DrO

looking at the authhash details, it's been entered as x,y,z (or the browser has mangled things to make it like that). however x,y,z or x y z should work correctly.

i have changed it to x y z so will have to see if anything changes over the next 30minutes or so (so it can propagate across the servers).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 15:24   #3
gaurav_verma22

Thanks!

DrO Thanks much! I was planning on migrating some other shoutcast1 servers to shoutcast2 and this will help in the process. I used chrome browser for our information. in future, i will use x y z for entering.

PS: On a side note, would it would be nice to edit this information yourself and take the load off the shoutcast dev team.
Old 9th August 2011, 15:29   #4
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_verma22 View Post
On a side note, would it would be nice to edit this information yourself and take the load off the shoutcast dev team.
you mean like via the update link on the admin summary page -> http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/Image:Starting.png (first stream group). the whole point of the in-DNAS management is to remove the need to me or anyone else to have to intervene with things unless there is blatantly something wrong.

i only intervened (as i'm the monkey doing the tool dev at the moment) since it seemed strange that it was happening. though it could even be there's an issue with the site that we're just not aware off (i don't really have much to do with the site side of things).

-daz
Old 9th August 2011, 17:14   #5
gaurav_verma22

somehow those options are not visible to me

DrO, thanks for reminding me that the update option is very much there. I checked the image on the wiki and now I remember seeing this page when I was struggling to create an authkey. Interestingly, now, when I go to http://wisdomspeak.org:9000/index.html, I dont see the options for updating the authkey, nor do I see the rotate log files section & view stream configuration. I am not using a mountpoint for the stream=1, is this the reason for me not being able to see those sections.
Old 9th August 2011, 17:34   #6
DrO

you need to access the admin page via admin.cgi (or the login link at the top right). index.html is the public facing summary page.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
authkey updation, yp2 tags