Old 4th November 2014, 21:33   #1
StoneeBro

Problems Advancing Queue

I use winamp in an HTPC set up. I control winamp through Xlobby (HTPC software). I recently upgraded to the last winamp v.5.666. The only reason I upgraded was to listen to a radio stream that wouldn't work with the older version - 5.0rc2 (see my last thread). My problem with the new winamp version is that when I start a song playing and try to add a song to the queue, when the first song ends it repeats before going on to the song I just queued. This didn't happen on v.5. I've looked through all the settings/options and have found nothing to fix this! Please Help!
StoneeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 21:42   #2
DrO

did you apply the required plug-in updates ? either way, an info tool report is likely to be needed from you and attached in a reply to this thread -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 20:05   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

I can replicate this behavior. It is caused by something in the JTFE plug-in. I reported this back in May, 2013 (2nd issue in post #20 of http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=354746). Back then too many other things were going on that didn't allow time for the exact reason to be determined and fixed.

Normally a queued item is removed from the queue when it starts playing. If the "Send to: Add to queue and play" context menu command is used then the item or first item in the queued group is removed (or never really added) when it starts playing. Subsequent items added (with "Send to: Add to queue") while the queued item(s) is (are) playing are played as expected with nothing being duplicated.

But if items are queued (with "Send to: Add to queue") and the queue playback is started later (whether the queued items are rearranged or not with the Queue Manager), then the item at the top of the group is not removed until it starts playing for the second time.

If duplicates are wanted, the same item can be queued more than once (back to back or otherwise). If duplicates are added by accident, there is an option that can be enabled that will remove all duplicates from the queue.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support