Old 3rd May 2006, 18:35   #1
jalaneme

can't use buttons in clasic skin mode.

basically i installed a classic skin in win amp 5 and the play pause e.t.c buttons have just disappeared i can't find a option to bring them back also if i do find a way to bring back the buttons how would i lock then with the video window instead of it being loose?

this is really annoying, i can't scroll through parts of the film, and there is no minimise maximise either! i think i may go back to windows media player even though it is restricted, at least it's more simpler to use, very disappointing.

ok i painfully figured everything out, but how do you still lock the 'main window' with the 'video window' if it is possible? and also the progress bar is quite small in classic mode, how would i re size that?

Last edited by jalaneme; 3rd May 2006 at 19:28.
jalaneme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 19:18   #2
JonnyMac

Is it just the skin you mentioned, that is having the issue?

Which playback buttons are you talking about?...
If you are talking about the playback buttons in the video window, classic skins do not have playback buttons in the vid window.

Are you talking about the video full-screen OSD?
Winamp > Ctrl+P > General Preferences > Video > make sure 'Enable On Screen Display when in fullscreen mode' is checkmarked/selected

Are you talking about the buttons in the main/player Window.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 19:31   #3
jalaneme

i am talking about the main player buttons in the main window full screen mode is fine. i figured everything out anyway, but i did find this quite confusing to figure out.
Old 3rd May 2006, 20:02   #4
JonnyMac

Well, I am glad you were able to resolve the issue.

If you don't mind, could you share what you did to fix it? That way if someone else having the same (or similar) issue, your solution might be able to help.

To answer the other questions, from you edit...

You can dock the video window to the main window, but unlike the Modern Default skin they can not be attached as a single window. If docking does not work (for classic skins)...
Winamp > Ctrl+P > Skins > Classic Skins > Classic Skin Options tab > make sure 'Docked skinned windows at ## pixles' is checkmarked - The default value is 10

Classic skins follow a very specific "blue print" and can't be dynamically sized like Modern skins can. You could try double sized mode (Ctrl+D) , if you find any of the elements to small.
Old 3rd May 2006, 20:52   #5
jalaneme

it was as quick as doing right click on the mouse and selecting 'main window' from the menu to allow all the play buttons for the current window in classic skin mode.

the value is set at 10, although i don't know if the solution you have mentioned is related the problem that i was having, when i was moving the video window the bottom half with the play and pause buttons would stay where it is, it was not connected to the main video window at all. although resizing the main video window to fit the PC screen and the play and pause buttons at the bottom does help.

i am having another problem, i have the win amp windows and the web browser is in the background. when i click the web browser in the background the video window is still in view, it does not minimize, unless i actually click to minimise, is there a option to make win amp do this automatically?
Old 3rd May 2006, 22:38   #6
JonnyMac

There is not an option to auto minimize when clicking on another application and I am not aware of a plug-in that could to that (if one exists).
Old 3rd May 2006, 22:40   #7
jalaneme

hmm well that is kind of annoying, but i will have to get used to it then.
Old 4th May 2006, 00:02   #8
DrO

http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/files/O...ide_v1_4_1.exe and http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/one_click.html for info on the plugin (the thing you want i believe is the bottom option)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 00:16   #9
JonnyMac

D'oh
I should have known you would have a plug-in for that.
Old 4th May 2006, 12:25   #10
jalaneme

perrrrfect, the plugin does exactly what i need, thank you very much for all your help
Old 5th May 2006, 07:42   #11
Cruciamentum

Send a message via ICQ to Cruciamentum Send a message via AIM to Cruciamentum Send a message via Yahoo to Cruciamentum
Quote:
Originally posted by jalaneme
it was as quick as doing right click on the mouse and selecting 'main window' from the menu to allow all the play buttons for the current window in classic skin mode.
Unfortunately, this is a very temporary solution... I tried this once, it worked, the moment I raised the volume, or clicked on any other window (or program) it stopped working again, and I'm getting tired of opening and closing the "main window" to get the damn playback buttons to work... is there any other solution?
Cruciamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 08:47   #12
jalaneme

put the play and pause buttons at the bottom of the pc screen and the video at the top part of the pc screen (resize the video screen to fit the pc screen, leave enough space for the buttons at the bottom), that stops it going anywhere for me. useally it keeps hiding the buttons behind the video screen in classic mode...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support