Old 21st October 2005, 17:46   #1
jimmyreb

recieving authorization response

I have all my settings right but when i connect to shoutcast, all i get is recieving authorization response, in the shoutcast source window on winamp. but it never connects....anyone??
jimmyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2005, 18:07   #2
dotme

Wrong IP or port, *or* something is blocking the connection between your DSP and the DNAS. Re-check your DSP settings.

If the DNAS and DSP are on the same machine, use 127.0.0.1 and if you run personal firewall software, configure it to allow port 8000 and 8001 inbound.
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2005, 18:03   #3
jimmyreb

Yes I just figured it out. it was one of the security updates from earlier this month.
i uninstalled a couple of em , shoutcast is workin fine now
soon as i figure out exactly which update it was, will let ya know
jimmyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 05:20   #4
ctcmb

COuld this be my problem? Its been a year since I ran a stream, but I have been beating myself in the head for 5 hours now. I've tried everything and nothing works, I get this same error.

I refuse to unistall every update in the last year. I am very upset. I guess i'll just PAY that other service to broadcast.

I am very annoyed.
ctcmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 07:02   #5
hackerdork
Forum King

xp firewall configure to allow tcp port 8000 and 8001 in/out *not UDP

same with norton antirus, mcafee av, and any other that have internet protection.

make sure your ISP doesnt filter you based on port, or application (layer 4, layer 7 firewalls are a bitch!).

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 03:57   #6
ibanez_logan

Hey,

I think I have a similar problem to this. I can connect but it will cut out after a couple minutes, and also when I'm not DJing and just trying to listen to someone else on my station DJing, it won't even buffer or connect, nothing happens.

The other day it was all working fine but now it's just not. I've tried reinstalling both Winamp and the Shoutcast plugin, as well as trying a couple system restores.

Please help me out here? I'm totally lost.
ibanez_logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 05:43   #7
hackerdork
Forum King

you shoud have started a new message, not open one from october.

listening to a shoutcast stream doesnt require the plugin, so your listening issue is not your shoutcsat server issue, its your PC. do you have bittorrents and tons of other stuff running to the point that you cant run server applications? check using netstat -an |more (from the command prompt) this will show you have many connections you have open at one time.

if you are getting 'cut out' who else DJ's they might be kicking you off. I would never use a server where there are other DJ;s with the password, because some are dickheads and love to kick noobs off just for fun.

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2017, 23:30   #8
ERSLIVE

I am having this same message in my winamp DSP connector

I am using multiple stream setup within the winamp/shoutcast DSP
i have setup the details as per the connection page, but when i connect it tells me this message and then not connected..

So looking through this thread i have added TCP 8000-8001 into my router as forwarded ports to my broadcast pc, but it is still doing the same thing... what am i missing? - none of the other connectors need any ports added etc!

thanks in advance
ERSLIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support