Old 19th September 2013, 00:29   #1
Sasstraliss

Winamp Plugins Don't Dock with the rest of the player

Hey everyone.

Longtime winamp user here.

I'm using the Enhancer 1.7 plugin, but whenever I move the entire winamp player, the Enhancer plugin doesn't stick and move with it. It stays standing. How do I get it to dock up with the rest of the winamp windows?

Thanks in advance...
Sasstraliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 00:41   #2
DrO

it depends on the type of skin you're using.

if it's a modern style skin (e.g. Winamp Modern or Bento) then due to the age of the plug-in it's to be expected that it won't dock and move with the rest of Winamp (as the plug-in pre-dates modern skins by a few years).

if it's a classic skin (e.g. any Winamp 2.x styled skin), you can use http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/enhancer/ (which should be the version installed anyway so the plug-in will work nicely with recent Windows and Winamp versions from the last few years) but that will only dock when you move the Enhancer window.

it currently doesn't have the means to move with the rest of Winamp as i never got around to finishing making the code changes needed to do that.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 00:50   #3
Sasstraliss

Alright, I've installed that. Yeah that snaps nicely. Sure, it doesn't move with the rest of winamp, but the snapping helps me get it back into place.

Thankyou for that, I appreciate it.
Sasstraliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 03:04   #4
DrO

i've just had a look into what can be done to get it to dock and move with the other windows even possibly with some parts of modern skins which on re-checking, it'll already can dock with some of the windows (e.g. media library), just not the main ones (e.g. main window & playlist editor).

it seems i can tweak a few things in the plug-in and also natively in Winamp so these older plug-ins can (with some work arounds to get them to be registered) be able to be treated like the native skinned windows. it'll require a newer version of Winamp and the plug-in to be able to support things correctly but should then be able to be applied to other older plug-ins if needed (and if they can have a wrapper applied to them or even for them to be updated with source code).
Old 19th September 2013, 15:59   #5
DrO

i've uploaded v1.0 of the wrapper which adds support for the changes which will come in the next Winamp release - just keep an eye out for something newer than Winamp v5.65 being released as that will have the changes in it.

i've sorted out things so it's fine with a classic skin though modern skin integration is still a bit funky / not working but that can be dealt with via in-Winamp changes than other changes to the plug-in.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
dock, move, plugin, stick