Old 18th June 2014, 21:42   #1
ChiggyChiggy

Looking for this plugin....

There used to be a plugin that was somewhat famous that let you have the standard windows explorer context menu within winamp, it was quite useful for some stuff, does anyone know what it was called and if it still works with the current Winamp version? and where can i get it from too?
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 21:44   #2
DrO

it was a plug-in by shaneh (the site has now gone) and is mixed on how well it works with current Winamp versions (since it dates from 2004/5 iirc). you might be able to find something from his old posting history.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 23:13   #3
Satuim

I think that the new context menu should be more modeled after the Windows Menu in another release later on
Satuim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 23:38   #4
DrO

what new context menu are you referring to?
Old 19th June 2014, 00:05   #5
ChiggyChiggy

Is it normal that it constantly shows this? http://i.gyazo.com/2fe9caa88a04e2979a4fca54223b8613.png

no matter how many times i close and open winamp it still says not loaded D:
Old 19th June 2014, 00:06   #6
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satuim View Post
I think that the new context menu should be more modeled after the Windows Menu in another release later on
If im not mistake there is an option in Winamp's prefferences to have its main context menu ignore the skin color and use the Windows default look. That or maybe only Bento has that option, im not sure...
Old 19th June 2014, 00:11   #7
DrO

as i said, it works for some, not for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiggyChiggy View Post
If im not mistake there is an option in Winamp's prefferences to have its main context menu ignore the skin color and use the Windows default look. That or maybe only Bento has that option, im not sure...
it's currently an option on the library appearance page (since it was just a library option before being applied globally but time did not allow for moving the option to a more general preference page). though i still don't get how that relates to the plug-in menu which this thread was about.
Old 19th June 2014, 00:21   #8
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
as i said, it works for some, not for others.
From reading up its thread it doesnt work on x64 much, and seemingly only on XP, gah >.< shame, was one of the few useful old plugins.
Old 16th August 2014, 07:49   #9
orton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it was a plug-in by shaneh (the site has now gone) and is mixed on how well it works with current Winamp versions (since it dates from 2004/5 iirc). you might be able to find something from his old posting history.
current Winamp versions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiggyChiggy View Post
i cannot change my winamps skin color??
orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2014, 08:04   #10
ChiggyChiggy

Current version is 5.666, also get the update patches (you can find both in my sig)

You can change skin colout by going to settings > modern skins, and you can find available colour themes from there.

Anddd dont use that many question marks, its... annoying >_<

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
Old 18th August 2014, 21:24   #11
DrO

really???????

based on everything else i think we can assume that 'orton' is spammy account so probably best to ignore anything else made by it (is just a shame too many have posted good responses already that it's better to leave things as-is despite the nature of the account).
Old 18th August 2014, 22:05   #12
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Ha! I was about to tag Orton as spammer but stumbled upon a pretty elaborated (and related) answer (from him) and made me doubt.. so I decided to wait but finally lost track..

Spammers are taking increasingly more and more work to "enter" here or is it just my mis-perception?
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 22:10   #13
DrO

nah, some just bulk post crap / quick replies (like this one appears to be like) or just post a few things and that's it. it's just the same old thing that i've seen over the last decade or so.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
context menu, explorer, plugin