Old 30th November 2004, 22:27   #1
mveeravagu

Play from the addresses of internet radio stations

Can I have the addresses of Internet radio stations like www.fffff.com on a file and play using Winamp. Is there any other way to do this?
mveeravagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2004, 22:47   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
A Cocaine Treatment web site???

No music or radio station there as far as I can tell.

But any site that uses .pls playlist file streaming can be played in Winamp, providing that you link to the streaming playlist file itself / themselves that is / are at the site. Linking to an actual website will never work because Winamp cannot "play" a web page (HTML document). No media player can.

Then again, some websites use proprietary playlist formats (eg: RealPlayer .ram playlists or WiMP .asx playlists), and those cannot be played in Winamp directly, but there are workarounds that will allow proprietary streaming media to play in Winamp.

Proprietary RealPlayer workaround...
Quote:
Quoted from Most Requested Features / Plug-ins Sticky thread...

- Real Audio and Video (with no extra plugins)
Play Real Media format files in Winamp with no extra plug-ins. If you have Real One or Real Player already and hate it, feel free to uninstall it first, it will no longer be needed. First install Real Alternative. Second add the proper extensions to the DirectShow decoder:
Preferences (Ctrl-P) > Plugins > Input > Double Click "Nullsoft DirectShow Decoder..." > add ";RA;RM" (no quotes) to the end of the extension list.
Note: this does not work for .RAM playlist files or rstp:// streams, use the Tara plugin instead (just remove ra & rm from the extension list in tara.ini).
Or just use the Tara plugin for ALL Real formats instead (recommended).
Proprietary WiMP workaround...
Read this other post of mine for an explanation

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion