Old 17th January 2013, 22:08   #1
mimee

NotSo Fatso plugin - Ripping NSF help

Hello,

I have a bit of an issue here. I can rip the NSF file just fine, however it will make a single ginormous .wav file. Meaning all the songs will be combined in into a single .wav. But I want to rip the tracks in the soundtrack individually. track1.wav, track2.wav etc..

I'm Using:
Winamp 5.623
NotSo Fatso v.0.851

I read a bit around the readme file for NotSo Fatso and you can make a shadow>winamp so you can see the playlist and maybe if the tracks are shown on the playlist I could rip them individually. As I tried rippin the songs that way I get a pop-up error 8 times.. The number of times being the amount of songs... As it tries to rip each song the pop up comes up.. I tried rippin to .mp3 and .wav and same results..

Here are my settings on NotSo, config1,2,3, the shadow on playlist, and the settings I have on Diskwriter.. and the popup I get *error*.

I'm totally baffled here.. What am I doing wrong? how can I get these single tracks to rip correctly? Is there a better way of doing this? Thank you in advance.

mimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 22:18   #2
DrO

a filepath starting with nsf://0 is not a valid real file which is why it'll fail. as such out_disk is not a suitable plug-in for what you're trying to achieve.

as from what i remember, NotSoFatSo needs to have the filepaths like that in Winamp to be able to access the specific songs and without it then you cannot do the specific files at a time with out_disk. you'd need to look for an alternative which takes the output and writes it out from a DSP stage rather than an output stage (as you've been trying to do).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 22:50   #3
mimee

Wow you got it ! so it was the filepath.... Man I would have never imagined it would be that..

For the ones having this problem in the future:
I fixed this problem by un-checking the option "output to directory containing source files" in the nullsoft disk writer preferences. apparently like DrO mentioned the filepath was invalid. I guess changing the location where the rip is going to be created screws it all up. Default it is.

Can't thank you enough DrO!
mimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion