Old 19th September 2013, 18:42   #1
CorgiQueen

Playlists - Please Help!

It has been a while since I have last used Winamp for videos. I have 5.65 pro. I remember that when I used to use Winamp I could create something like an auto playlist where I could specify if/than statements for what to include in the playlist. It was a dialog box if I remember correctly.

For example: If the title contains "Big Bang Theory" than include in playlist "BBT".

Does anyone remember this? Can someone please help me either be able to do this in 5.65 or tell me what version I need to roll back to in order to be able to do this? I don't believe that this was a plug-in, but it may have been. I have searched through the plugins and cannot find one that does this.

Thanks!
CorgiQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 00:28   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi CorgiQueen,

You can make 'smart views' in the media library to create custom views (that search for and display items that meet your search criteria). The documentation is included in the advanced mode screen of the smart view builder (select any existing view in the panel on the left and chose edit view or add smart view). If you edit an existing view, be sure to save it with a new name (to preserve the existing view).

You can also enter custom queries in the media library's search bar. Link below to a guide on how to format these queries. You can enable the option to "Remember search filters in media and album views" on the General Preferences - Media Library - Local Library - Options tab. Then you won't have to re-type the entire query to use it again or make small changes to it.

http://www.thasler.org/browseamp/Bro...ns_links6.html

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 02:34   #3
CorgiQueen

THANK YOU! That is exactly what I remember seeing/using! I thought I was going insane not being able to find it again.

Thank you thank you thank you!
CorgiQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:55   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Stop it. You'll make me blush.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion