Old 18th August 2015, 16:32   #1
ultrabr

Invalid Source - explorer 10 /11

I have been trying to make the <audio> tags work with Shoutcast broadcasts in IE11 and have been unsuccessful after trying numerous things I have found on the web. It works fine with Chrome, FireFox, and in various Android browsers, but consistently gives "Invalid Source" errors on IE. The server is telling that the MIME type is audio/mpeg and all seems to be fine on their end - although I don't control the server so can't look at their config ...

Any html5 code solution for shoutcast v1 in explorer 10 /11 ?
ultrabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 16:37   #2
DrO

other than not using v1 and instead using the supported v2 DNAS (which works better with HTML5 players as well as working better with IE which is more particular about the stream data), you'll need to add a semi-colon onto the end of the stream url to get it to work (which is needed for v1 and v2)
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 17:13   #3
ultrabr

shoutcast v1

ok, yes, shoutcast v2 works, but is there any solution html5 with shoutcast v1 in explorer 11 ?
ultrabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 18:56   #4
DrO

nope as it's a basic issue with how v1 works and for some times it might work but in general it won't. so the only true solution is using v2 (as to be frank, using v1 is like using IE6, works but it's not a good idea).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions