Old 11th November 2013, 01:48   #1
Niceperson2000

Shoutcast service provider Change

My Shoutcast service provider for many years closed their business, so I had to move my station along with all my media files to another service provider, but in this process the IP address of my broadcast has changed. As a result of this my station has lost most of listeners because they had mapped the previous IP address as shortcut to connect to my server. This shortcut does not work now and the listeners do not care to re-map the shortcut. I use centovacast panel.

Moving forward, what should I do so that the IP address is automatically resolved by name and the listeners can connect to the stream even if my service provider again changes in future, meaning the IP address changes again.
Niceperson2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 01:53   #2
DrO

use a version of the DNAS server which allows for specifying a DNS name for the tune-in links it provides as well as what the shoutcast.com listing provides by ensuring the 'destip' config option is set to use a DNS name i.e. with a v2.2 based DNAS (though as you're using the Centova control panel, they won't update to v2.2 until we put things on our main download page which is not going to happen until the v2.2.1 update is finished though i've seen people getting along ok with manually updating to v2.2 with it).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 04:25   #3
Bryon Stout

may I make a suggestion. This will not help 100% but it def helps a lot.

Instead of giving people your server IP or the PLS stored via centova you should store your own PLS file on your domain.

example: www.yourdomain.com/listen.pls

This way you can always change the IP address within that file.
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 18:58   #4
Niceperson2000

I really have no domain registered in my mine ... I use a shoutcast server provided by the service provider, configure the centovacast control panel which requires a name for the stream and the media files / play list. After that the ip address and port number is set by the service provider. Later when the station appears on shoutcast directory, the listeners automatically link to it and play. It is a completely free service by me and no advertisement revenue. I do not use a server from my computer. How and where do I configure www.yourdomain.com/listen.pls as suggested by Bryan Stout. It sounds like a good solution but I do not know how to go about it. A little more enumeration of steps will be helpful.

If it helps ... the host name for my stream is
bollywood-evergreen-hits.serverhostingcenter.com
and the address of my stream is
http://panel3.serverhostingcenter.co...start/anikumar
Old 11th November 2013, 20:20   #5
Niceperson2000

.pls file

I am novice about storing my own PLS file on my domain. The host name given to me by my service provider is bollywood-evergreen-hits.serverhostingcenter.com I need some more elaboration about the steps necessary to have the pls file on my domain. I know a bit about configuration of centova server.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
address, nameserver, shoutcast