Old 15th February 2008, 04:08   #1
lyinglies

No sound produced from Winamp; other programs work fine

I've actually had a string of bad luck today with my computer, but my Winamp problem does not seem to want to go away.

Yesterday I installed several Windows Vista (x64) updates. When I woke up this morning, no sound would come from Winamp when trying to play any type of media file. I can hear sound from VLC Player, WMP, etc. I can also hear Windows Vista sounds (such as the error bleep and so forth).

I figured the Windows Vista updates were the problem, so I uninstalled them, Winamp, and the drivers for the audio. After rebooting and reinstalling Winamp and the drivers for the audio, the sound on Winamp finally worked! Yay.

Yeah, I wish. In all actuality it did work for a while, but after I came back from watching Lost (I had my speakers muted for about 2 hours) no sound was being produced. I tested other media players and they worked just fine.

I'm a little lost at this point, so I'm reinstalling the Windows updates to see if anything works out.

Here are my specs:
-PC or Motherboard make/model: GIGABYTE GA-G33M-DS2R LGA 775 Intel G33 Micro ATX Intel
-CPU & RAM: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz; 4GIGs DDR2
-Sound card or chip: Realtek onboard sound
-Videocard: Radeon HD 3850
-Windows OS (including Service Pack, eg. WinXP sp2): Windows Vista
-DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag): 10
-Winamp version (eg. 5.52): 5.52
-Confirmation of the Winamp installation type (Pro, Full, Bundle, Lite): Full
-Plugins: No external plugins

Edit: I should also add that the volume slider on Winamp is max.
lyinglies is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support