Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 12th February 2008, 08:01   #1
CMGaretJax

How do I set a few songs to play and then the rest of my library on shuffle?

I usually listen to my music by shuffling my entire music library, but occasionally I want to hear some specific songs first, and then let the computer continue playing. I'm sure Winamp can do that sort of thing, but I can't figure out how

I'd like to set some songs to come first (or play after the current song ends) and then listen to the rest of my library on shuffle. Is there a convenient way to do this?
CMGaretJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 18:36   #2
Fedtsten

Send a message via ICQ to Fedtsten
Well, one way to go about it would be to:
Make a playlist of the items you want to play randomly.
Then shuffle it by using the playlist command "Randomize List" (find this in the "Misc" menu).
Now you have a shuffled list, so you don't need to have the "Shuffle" state activated - set "Shuffle" to "Off".
Finally, add the items you want to play in a specific order to the top of this playlist.

Done You be the judge whether it is convenient or not.
Fedtsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 19:16   #3
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Create a Global Hotkey for "Playback: Toggle Shuffle" then play the files you want in order with shuffle off, then turn it on.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 20:54   #4
JonnyMac

From the main playlist editor, highlight the songs you want to be played consecutively and press Q to enqueue. Even with Shuffle on, the songs on the queue will play first.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 08:56   #5
CMGaretJax

JonnyMac, thanks for the help, but I have one other caveat I was hoping to work around.

I have around 3,000 songs, so finding one in the playlist editor is pretty hard. I want to find the songs in my media library instead. It really seems like this must be easy to do, but I tried defining global hotkeys, pressing q in the media library, etc. and it didn't work, or would enqueue whatever was selected in the playlist editor. This is so close to perfect now! Any help?

[Edit: I can get "add to queue" in the send to menu in the media library, which works, but I was hoping for a shortcut key I could use... pressing q like in the playlist editor or something...]

Last edited by CMGaretJax; 15th February 2008 at 09:13.
Old 15th February 2008, 10:46   #6
JonnyMac

Maybe you could send the files you want to be played consecutively to the playlist first then enqueue them from there. -or- Hold the Ctrl key while selecting the files to be played consecutively in the ML and then select 'Send To' > Add to queue' then send the rest of the files to the PL

It is not the greatest of workarounds, but maybe on the above methods will be a bit better.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 03:58   #7
CMGaretJax

It seems like it would be an easy thing to do, even with some sort of hotkey plugin at worst as a workaround.... I appreciate everyone's help; are there any other suggestions? seems to me that there is no reason the ML couldn't function just like the playlist editor.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support