Old 14th February 2008, 22:49   #1
AG4AN

Win Amp on web site

take a look at this web page. on the left hand side you will see the win amp logo along with other media options. How do they do this? I wanted to do teh same on my site but have not clue.

http://www.hot108.com
AG4AN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 23:01   #2
JonnyMac

Are you a SHOUTcaster?
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 23:06   #3
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Dude!! Would you please keep this to ONE THREAD?? How many times have people here already told you this?

Winamp is NOT embedded into that web page that you linked to. It's just a graphic image that links to a .pls (playlist) file at their site that may or may NOT open in Winamp. It depends on what media player that the .pls playlist formatted file defaults to on the individual's computer.

Winamp can NOT be embedded into any web page. We've told you this already and we've supplied alternative methods for you to stream your music if you want to. Winamp does not have any sort of HTML web-based object-n-embed coding as some other media players do.

To a Moderator...

Can one of you again please merge this thread with this one again? Thanks.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 23:25   #4
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

OK...

If you want to do exactly what they do at their site, upload your music files to your server, then create and upload a playlist file in the .pls format (same format as is used with SHOUTcast). Make certain that the .pls file reflects the same files and file locations that exist at your server (the files you uploaded). Then, use a graphic image of some kind (maybe use the same Winamp image/logo the other site you linked to does - that's up to you), and link it to your .pls playlist file on your web page.

What will happen when a site visitor clicks the graphic link at your site will be exactly the same as happens at theirs... the end-user will click on the graphic image that links to the .pls file and it will open in their default media player (on their machine), but NOT necessarily with Winamp. They will be able to stream your .pls file in Winamp only if they have Winamp installed, and only if the .pls file format is associated with Winamp, else some other media player they have installed will be used.
Old 14th February 2008, 23:32   #5
JonnyMac

Hello Nunzio,
I am waiting for AG4AN's reply before acting further on this thread.

@ AG4AN
Please answer my question (from above) so I or another moderator can act on this thread. If you are not using SHOUTcast to stream your station, then please ask the streaming software or service provider for help with your station.
Old 14th February 2008, 23:35   #6
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Hi JM

Yeah. Maybe wait for him to respond. But in my last post I gave him the answer to what he asked for here...
Quote:
Originally posted by AG4AN
How do they do this? I wanted to do teh same on my site but have not clue.
So now he knows.
Old 14th February 2008, 23:47   #7
JonnyMac

Thanks for your help to AG4AN.

@AG4AN Still waiting for a reply. However, see the following for Winamp link buttons...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=218072
Old 17th February 2008, 20:08   #8
JonnyMac

AG4AN Are you still here?
Old 17th February 2008, 20:38   #9
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

JM...

I don't think this guy bothers to subscribe to and/or keep track of any of his posts/threads here. Hence, all of his cross-posting and the necessity to merge his threads. And his lack of response to your and my posts here kinda confirm that.

Blehh... anyway, if he does come back I think he will now get the "hint" I left for him. I explained exactly what that other site is doing, and that, coupled with everything else we told him (in his other cross-posted threads on the same issue) "should" make him realize that there is no way to embed Winamp on a web page.
Old 17th February 2008, 20:55   #10
JonnyMac

Yeah, that is what I am thinking also, but I was giving it one last try.

@ AG4AN
If you are here, I am interested in seeing what your webpage is all about. I going to take a guess here and say that you are radio operator/hobbyist who wants to (re)broadcast something related to your hobby over the internet. So, tell me if am right or wrong.
Old 18th February 2008, 10:01   #11
AG4AN

Nothing to do with my hobby. my brother has a web site for latin music at www.radiolacandela.com and he is using shouct cast and we are streaming this over to the web page but somewhere in the process teh song and artist info is lost.
AG4AN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 20:09   #12
JonnyMac

Sorry for some of the confusion. If you had mentioned that this was a SHOUTcaster issue, things would have been a little easier. What really confused me earlier, is that in one of your threads you had mentioned your were streaming Windows media. SHOUTcast is mainly MP3 or ACC, not WMA.

You had also mentioned that the title data shows up on Winamp but not on Windows Media Player. I am not a SHOUTCaster, however AFIAK the reason for that discrepancy it that WMP is not capable of interpreting SHOUTcast title data.

Although we have told you not to cross-post, lets start with a clean slate. If you still need help with the title issue, try posting a new thread at the SHOUTcast Forums. Explain the issue are having and provide a link to the webpage again. Also, mention that a moderator asked you start a new thread. That way, no one will accidentally think that you are cross-posting again.

Good Luck.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion