Old 28th June 2006, 00:09   #1
jmelwell

Send a message via Yahoo to jmelwell
Making CDG Plugin Work

OK, I downloaded and installed the CDG plugin in the C:\Program Files\Winamp folder, which is where CDG seemed to want to go. Then, I downloaded a karaoke song from Wal-Mart. The music will play, but there's no video display.

Should I have put CDG in the C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins folder? Or, is the karaoke file, which claims to be a Winamp media file, not compatible with the CDG plugin?
jmelwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 10:22   #2
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

I read about the walmart tracks, I think priddis has a few on there.

These tracks do not contain a CDG file, which is the same graphic data as a CDG disk.

autOKdj is a winamp karaoke plugin with an online CDG store built in that you can purchase/download tracks from, complete with CDG graphics.
toqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 16:25   #3
jmelwell

Send a message via Yahoo to jmelwell
CDG Plugin Problem Continued

Thanks, toger,

I'll try your autOKdj suggestion. One alternative is to rip CDG tracks from CDs, which would mean first getting CDs somehow and probably buying a program such as CDG Ripper to do the ripping. I really don't want to buy anything until I prove Winamp with appropriate plugins can be used to play karaoke tracks with sound and video from my hard drive.

By the way, the CDG plugin software actually wound up in the Program Files\Winamp\Plugins folder according to Windows Explorer. Winamp shows the CDG plugin being in an Input folder or whatever under Plug-ins in Winamp Preferences.
jmelwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 21:15   #4
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

audiograbber is free and it rips CDG's
toqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion