Old 9th January 2009, 11:23   #1
ShadowHarlequin

Reflected fractal marble

quite a nice effect i think, thanks to Stahlregen for pointing out the frac(uv) fix

im trying to think of what to do to the background though since it looks really bland in comparison and also trying to keep the MVs and CWs inside the marble so that cant appear on the bland background, any one have any ideas how to do that?

"human is the music, natural is the static..." - john updike
[Set Zero] [themilkFACTORY]
ShadowHarlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 14:25   #2
Cope

If you add this line:

if (rad>0.7) {ret=0;}

to the warp shader you can create a mask that will only affect the background. You can replace ret=0; with anything you want to create an effect that will only happen for the background. Problem is the CW and MV get drawn in after the warp shader, so they aren't affected by it.

Adding that line to the comp shader instead creates other problems, but any masking would have to be done there to affect the CW and MV too. Don't have time to look into it right now, but my feeling is you'll have to make your own rad variable using the modified uv coordinates from the water effect to create an effective mask.

Or you could leave out the motion vectors and try to adjust the CW code to make it stay inside the sphere on its own, then use the mask in the warp shader to add an effect to the background.

Murphey's fighting Occam, and I'm in the stands.
Cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 17:04   #3
ShadowHarlequin

i see what you mean about putting it in the comp shader, works well to mask the bg though for the fractal marble and provides a nice effect for the synapse explosion orb

i still have no clue as to how to keep the CWs in the orb though that would make it look alot better too

"human is the music, natural is the static..." - john updike
[Set Zero] [themilkFACTORY]
ShadowHarlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets