Old 21st July 2010, 22:02   #1
eo.rojas

plLoadEx: v5s vs DLL in the SDK

I'm trying to figure out how the plLoadEx code in the SDK works. So far I've only found documentation on the DLL code in the SDK. I've been able to get an example DLL piece of code to work. The plLoadEx code places an v5s file in the System directory, but beyond that I don't know how to activated it. For all I know my plLoadEx code is working also, since I can't actually find any text that explains what it does. So if anyone can point me in a useful direction it would be greatly appreciated.
eo.rojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 22:07   #2
eo.rojas

It might be worthwhile actually saying what I want to do, as it might exist already or I might be barking up the wrong tree.

I want to be notified in another program when the playlist changes. E.g. I could get a windows message whenever a new mp3 files is selected for play.
eo.rojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:39   #3
DrO

plLoadEx is the wrong thing to be working with for what you're trying to do as plLoadEx is an example playlist loader service to add additional playlist formats to Winamp.

i'm not quite following what 'changes' it is that you're wanting as there are new file ones, playback status changes, playlist content modification, etc so a bit of clarification (or more what it is you're actually trying to achieve would be helpful). in all cases you'd need to have a plug-in in Winamp which will then relay these changed events to whatever app you want (that would be down to your preference on how things are wanted).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development

Tags
sdk, v5sm dll