Old 2nd April 2011, 02:04   #1
anjenaire

Possible to relay internet radio stream from Flash

What I wish to do is take an existing internet radio stream that is playing in a self contained flash player and stream it to my Audiotron using shoutcast.

The site is: http://www.muhlenberg.edu/wmuh/stream.html and what I was hoping to do is use my audio sound card to send the stream to shoutcast and then on to my Audiotron. Can this be done?

I want to listen to my son who is a DJ on the station on my whole house stereo and not just on the PC. I could plug a laptop or tablet into the stereo I suppose but where is the fun in that?

I haven't played with shoutcast for many years, but I was able to get it up and running using local mp3 files. I am just trying to make this a local (inside my house) service.

Operating System: Windows 7
Server Location: Local
Do you have a Router?: Yes
Router Manufacturer: Cisco Valet
Internet type: Cable
Upstream: More than Adequate
Do you have a Firewall?: Yes, Windows Built-In
Desired Bitrate: 128K Stereo
Internal Ip: 192.168.1.119
External ip: http://XXXXXX.zipboing.net:8010
Portbase the port you setup in the sc_serv.ini file: 8010
Server Logs: (On a remote computer that is headless at the moment; accessing remotely)

Description of problem:

I am getting a error syncing when selecting the site and using the sound card option in the DSP configuration.

TIA
anjenaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 12:05   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Are you talking about this?
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 12:43   #3
anjenaire

Yep, Audiotron

Yep, that's the sucker. It plays mps, wmas and internet radiostreams (shoutcast, asx) and outputs them digital/analog to one's receiver/amplifier. What is (was) great about this device is that I can create my own internet radio station on a local server and stream music to it. It has a web interface as well as a front panel gui. That front panel is key for me. I can use the remote or touch some buttons and knobs to queue up music and it displays on the 4 line display what is happening. My music is separate from my television viewing areas and I have a whole house stereo system (well living room, kitchen and back deck). My music resides on a network attached storage device so no PCs have to be involved (except for the streaming function if I chose to do that). It pulls the music rather than being pushed. It was a very forward thinking device (with some limitations like a 20,000 +/- song limit) but was discontinued back in 2006 I think. Still going strong. I might replace it some day with another device but I am afraid most newer options just don't measure up in a lot of aspects with the Audiotron. I won't go into them here as that would be a separate posting in of itself.

Audiotron aside, I can't get the stream to work on a client PC (the Audiotron radio station part works fine when I stream local mp3 to it. It can't pick up the WMUH stream directly because the format is held inside the flash file they deliver via the webpage). My thought was that I could stream what my sound card was playing through winamp to shoutcast using the dsp plug-in but I get an "error syncing stream" when I chose to use the non-Winamp (recommended) source.
Old 2nd April 2011, 12:50   #4
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Might be easier for you to use the LineIn plugin instead of trying to use the soundcard mode in the SHOUTcast source DSP.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 14:17   #5
anjenaire

Not sure how that would help ....

Not sure how that would help with the internet stream. I don't want to place a PC at the stereo receiver. But maybe I am missing some function of the LineIn plugin. The source is an internet stream that happens to be in a swf file (and not a mp3 file or wma file) and is not accessible.

Are you saying use two PCs? One outputting the sound from the internet radio station to the other? Or a some sort of double ended patch cord?
Old 3rd April 2011, 06:07   #6
Smelter
Major Dude

get a swf decompiler.

rip the swf file and get the shoutcast ip.

OR, check the swf embed tags for ip/port info's
Smelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 06:11   #7
Smelter
Major Dude

sorry pal, looks like rtmp protocol.

ripping 'what you hear' from the stereo mix is as good as you'll get without contacting them for server origin.
Smelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 13:27   #8
anjenaire

What you hear ....

"ripping 'what you hear' from the stereo mix is as good as you'll get without contacting them for server origin."

Yes, that is what I assumed and what I was trying to do. Not making it work though. Just trying to listen in real time the broadcast via stereo mix or what you hear on my local set up. I guess I will keep plugging away to make this work. I assume that it can.
Old 15th June 2011, 11:58   #9
Pollocedrone

hi, i'm italian and i have same problem. i don't have audiotron, but akira internet stereo with penbex modified firmware (anjenaire visit listenlive.nl site, you can find new fw for audiotron turtlebeach!). i want listen radio streaming flash (site www.retealfa.it, the streaming is http://www.retealfa.it/live/index.php and i find http://www.retealfa.it/live/sct.swf source, i think rtsp...). how can i do it? i have qnap nas...with qpkg package...they can help me? thanks!
Pollocedrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
embedded flash stream, relay