Old 1st May 2015, 17:47   #1
SweptbackFlame14

Same album art keeps displaying on all album covers.

Ok so I have an issue with my winamp displaying the wrong album cover. I've been using a Tag Editor to embed the right album art into the actual mp3 file For all albums that don't have album art. I had no issues until today after I installed the Zune software for my mp3 player. Then it seems like it messed up everything

It added those "albumartSmall.jpg" and "Folder.Jpg" files.

I know how to delete those, but what my problem is is that whatever image was in the mp3 folder it's almost like it pasted the album art onto everything an it stays there even after that jpg was deleted.

For Example 1: The first album that appears is the new All that Remains album and it's displaying the correct album art as it was already in the mp3 file. But the problem is is that it's using that same album art for albums that do not have an album art embedded into the mp3 file.

Example 2: Same issue here, but the problem is that I removed the folder.jpg file, but the album art still appears the same for the Umbra album, but when I click to play an mp3 of that specific album it shows the correct album on the bottom right. But the folder.jpg image still appears on album art view.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? It's starting to really annoy me a lot. I tried removing all mp3's from winamp and then loading the library back up, but it still appears.
SweptbackFlame14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 18:29   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Have you enabled Windows Explorer to show all hidden and system files in your music folders, to be sure you've deleted all the incorrect image files?

You could also try deleting your Winamp album art cache files and let Winamp recreate them as you scroll through your files (in a library view that shows artwork). These files are in a sub-folder of your Winamp user data folder (e.g. C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Plugins\ml\art, if you're using Windows 7 and the current version of Winamp).

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 19:13   #3
SweptbackFlame14

Yeah I enabled the hidden files to be viewable and removed them, but it didn't solve anything.

And no I'm using Windows 8, so I'm not sure where the winamp cache method would be.

EDIT: NVM Found it and it worked. I just need to go in all 1023 folders of the artists and remove the folder.jpg.

I just removed the cache and it removed the multiples thank you!
Old 1st May 2015, 19:16   #4
DrO

enter %APPDATA%\Winamp\Plugins\ml\art into a Windows Explorer address bar and that should open to the correct folder.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 19:18   #5
SweptbackFlame14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
enter %APPDATA%\Winamp\Plugins\ml\art into a Windows Explorer address bar and that should open to the correct folder.
Yeah thanks, I figured it out! And it ended up working.
Old 7th May 2015, 14:40   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi SweptbackFlame14,

Glad to hear you sorted things out.

The Zune software may have added the images, but the default settings for the Windows Media Player lets it search the internet (from time to time) and add image files (with those names and more) to your music folders. WMP may also automatically re-tag your music files. I guess it's trying to be helpful.

Some users have reported that WMP continues to do this even if the applicable options are disabled. One possible way to stop this (if you see this happening) is to use the Windows firewall to block WMP from having access to the internet. Winamp uses some of the .dll files associated with WMP, so you should not uninstall it.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support