Old 9th May 2006, 20:15   #1
malehampstar

Enqueue in Media Library

Hello!
I am using the Winamp Media Library in order to play songs. My problem is that I simply can not enqueue files in my own order. It works fine in the Winamp Playlist by pressing Q when the song is selected however, when I am using Media Library it do not work. I tried shift+Enter as well which did not work. Can anyone tell me how I enqueue files when I am using the Media Library?

Thanks in advance
Malehampstar
malehampstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2006, 17:42   #2
TheUniqueTiger

The only way to enqueue tracks from Media Library is Right-click->Enqueue Selection or Shift+Enter after you've selected the tracks.
If you prefer selecting individual tracks from the Media Library you may use the above method. Or if you have Media Library playlists, you may first play/enqueue the entire playlist and then enqueue the tracks in preferred order in the Playlist Editor. (Hint: Use both ML & PE for the purpose they serve and you'll get better results)

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
TheUniqueTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 17:20   #3
malehampstar

Hmm shift+enter doesn't seem to enqueue the files :l maybe I'm doing something wrong... But as you say, I might need to use ML and PE
Old 11th May 2006, 18:00   #4
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Preferences -> Media Library -> Double Click or Enter Options -> Doubleclick or Enter in the Library

have you tried to change this option to "Enqueues selected item(s)" ?
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 18:03   #5
malehampstar

Koopatrooper -> Yep it worked... Just a little annoying that everything is enqueued.. It isn't possible to enqueue like in the playlist? (Select and press a button)
Old 15th May 2006, 18:42   #6
siebe83
Forum King

The enqueue feature in the ML and the enqueue feature in the playlist editor are two different things. The first means that the file is enqueued in the playlist editor, the latter means that the file is enqueued in the queue list of the Jump to File component.

In the ML, you can enqueue a file in the playlist AND in the Jump to File queue at the same time by right-clicking it > Send to > Add to queue.
You will have to enable that feature first:
Prefs > Jump to File > ML Options tab
(only available in the recent versions of Winamp)

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 16:27   #7
belantozorius

This is still too cumbersome/complicated!! Especially when friends manipulate the program and the right-click option gives you so many choices!

Is the winamp team working on adding a 3rd Double-click option to "Enqueue and queue" from the Media Library?

Queueing from the playlist editor is just impossible. Try searching large playlists!! Even more trouble when you shuffle

Jump to file is somewhat useful, but not intuitive enough for regular folks. They tend to use the media Library to search titles, which is quite understandable because the Media Library ROCKS!

Why not just double-click in the media library and it sends directly to queue ? (alt-double-click to queue and play). I would be in heaven if this was a possibility !!
belantozorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 16:53   #8
DrO

because the developer who implemented the queue feature (i.e. me) hasn't gotten around to expanding http://nunzioweb.com/daz/mlenqplay.html to make use of the queue (along with a enqueue after current option which was requested a month or two back).

the main issue for it all being so cumbersome is that the media library doesn't make it easy to do certain things like determining the selection in a view as it is just another plug-in and doesn't have any sort of 'api' to do it nicely (which is my ml_enqplay is somewhat hacky in how it adds the option it does though as a basis it will make it easier to add in an add to queue feature).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 18:24   #9
belantozorius

Thanks for the info.

I think I just found a way to do what I was looking for!! Okay so there is no shortcut key or you need to right-click -sent to- add to queue. fine

But another way to do it is to slide your selection into the Jump to file. (manage mode). THis is as simple as a double-click. Solves my concern.

Why didn't i try this before....
Old 24th October 2010, 19:02   #10
belantozorius

Hello,

I'm using this new way to manage my playlist (sliding the file in the jump to file window in manage mode window However, I can't manage multiple files in the Jump to file.

However, the Queue manager permits the management of multiple files. UNfortunately, I can't have the Queue manager on the side of winamp. It totally replaces the smartview in the media library.

So what's my solution ? How can I have a queue manager that can be docked next to the smartview AND manage multiple files in its queue ?
Old 24th October 2010, 19:03   #11
belantozorius

Oops.. sorry...The queue manager got Hidden behind winamp !!! that's why I couldn't see it.!!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support