Old 15th May 2012, 20:01   #1
CyberBotX

Send a message via ICQ to CyberBotX
Album ReplayGain all 0s but Track gain is calculated

I have a few plugins that I've either developed myself or modified from other plugins. I am utilizing the Winamp Transcoding API to allow for ReplayGain calculation through the extended read functions. While this allows for ReplayGain to be calculated, sometimes I get nothing but 0s for the album gains and peaks even though the track gains and peaks show up for every file. What would be the cause of this and what could I do to troubleshoot what is going on?

As an aside, the files due export properly when using the Format Converter (which also calls the extended read functions), so I do not believe the issue is with my plugin, but any help would be appreciated.
CyberBotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 19:21   #2
CyberBotX

Send a message via ICQ to CyberBotX
I might as well post that I found an answer to this on my own after a bunch of digging.

When getting the album name with the extended metadata reader of the input plugin, if that function returns 0 or puts an empty string into the destination string, then Winamp will completely skip over calculating the album gain of the tracks selected. Once I modified my input plugins to return an album name, the album gain started showing up.
CyberBotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development