Old 29th April 2000, 17:47   #1
Gav

Hi,

Is there a plug-in that checks your IP number, creates a .pls file and uploads this to a website ?

Thanks.

Gav.
Old 29th April 2000, 19:57   #2
bluetooth

Send a message via ICQ to bluetooth
I'm not quite sure what you are asking for. Do you want a program that automatically keeps a playlist file on a web site that always points to http://yourip/somefile.mp3 ?

~Adam
bluetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2000, 04:57   #3
Gav

I use a dial-up connection. everytime i connect, my IP address changes. I run a shoutcast station. I want to add a link on my website for people to connect to my broadcast. unless there is a way of doing this even though my IP address has changed ?
Old 30th April 2000, 15:15   #4
Olivier

Let you know that I'm working on a similar problem. But I've have ADSL connection (with no fix IP, but often the same, because DHCP is smart enough to give you same IP when it's possible), what is more easy to deal with.

I prefer to solve this w/o any plug-in but with little simple programming.

Wait...
Old 30th April 2000, 21:29   #5
bluetooth

Send a message via ICQ to bluetooth
There is a very general way to solve the problem the two of you are facing. There are seceral services that offer Dyanmic DNS name host services. What these do is give you a name, username.dyndns.org. You run a piece of software on your computer that detects whenever your IP changes, and updates the nameservers. http://www.dyndns.org/ offers this service for free. This lets you not only host a shoutcast station, but also run web servers, or any other server for that matter. The setup is a little complicated, but the Documentation over at DynDNS is very good. I hope this helps.

~Adam
bluetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2000, 23:01   #6
Gav

i'll check that out.

cheers.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions