Old 13th March 2006, 11:28   #1
Rocke

Send a message via ICQ to Rocke
"Rocke"? Never heard of that. Is that a town in Germany?

Hello everyone!

Maybe some of you still remember me. I used to hang around here, too.

After years of completely ignoring MilkDrop, yesterday I thought I could look at my old presets again. And then I watched all those new ones, with custom shapes and waves, and I instantly fell in love with MilkDrop again.

And then I thought I might as well try to create a couple of new presets. So I did. And I added some new lines to my old works.

Although I had forgotten almost everything I knew about making presets, I managed to regain my knowledge rather quickly.

So here it is, the result of ~6 busy hours: 11 new presets. Some new ones, some remixes and one cooperation with my girlfriend.
As you might notice, I really love the new feature of adding custom shapes, so I tried with them everything I could imagine.

Some details:
  • Alice Strikes Back and Alice's Ego Trip are remixes of my notorious Alice preset.
  • Answer.43 is a remix of Answer.42
  • Geh nicht bei rot, sonst bist du bald tot was inspired by one of those disco-stoplights my brother has got. It's not perfect yet, as it doesn't react exactly like the original, but I'm working on that.
  • Personal Comet (And His Brother, Kyle) is an enhanced version of my Personal Comet preset.
  • They Stole My Lava Lamp But I Don't Care Anymore is a new preset. There is also an alternative version of this.
  • I also remixed the first preset I ever made, Universe of Music.
  • Then there is a preset where I tried to create something that looks like a heart (the symbol, not the organ). I made that for my girlfriend and called it Where You're At.
  • Speaking of my girlfriend, there is one preset we created together. I called it We Love Each Other So Much It's Disgusting. The two shapes simulate our behaviour quite accurately, I think. *g* She is the white-ish triangle, by the way. I'm the other one, changing all the time.

Well, that's it for now. I know I'm far from being the most creative person in the world, but maybe some of you like my new work.

Cheers,
Rocke
Attached Files
File Type: zip rocke_returns.zip (14.4 KB, 521 views)
Rocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 17:53   #2
Phat
Major Dude

Some of these are pretty good. The Lava Lamp one I like. Cool. I also write presets with someone I love...

You do know about the new beta functions don't you?
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 11:26   #3
Rocke

Send a message via ICQ to Rocke
Quote:
Originally posted by Phat
You do know about the new beta functions don't you?
Actually no, I don't.
Rocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 11:31   #4
Phat
Major Dude

http://milkdrop.us/dev.aspx
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 12:55   #5
pyroclick

hi, Rocke...

that was really a cool 'Synchronizietät', hehe...

just a few days ago, I remember our contact in the year 2002...

today I visit this forum for the first time again since years & and what do I see?

a thread written by 'Rocke'...

amazing new presets from you

good to see you back here & looking forward to you upcoming works...

cheers

pyroclick
pyroclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets