Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Old 23rd May 2000, 03:17   #1
ToyZ

24 kBit/s, 22,050 Hz, Mono 3KB/s was default decently sized and was o.....kay sounding? Would that be the format or not?
Old 23rd May 2000, 03:19   #2
ToyZ

Also, i'm going to use them with flash for the sites i create so size and quality is a big issue
Old 23rd May 2000, 03:47   #3
ToyZ

I have seen plenty of stream 128 44 and 96 44. basically my connection determines what format i can stream at? But then if the user has shitty connection that won't be good either. Damn this is difficult
Old 23rd May 2000, 04:59   #4
Tom

Are you talking about shoutcast (streaming) or streaming from a webserver? If it is from a web server only the users connection matters, if it is a shoutcast server then both of your connections are important since you will be sending out the stream. It sounds most likely you are going to set these up on a server to stream so only the users connection is important. You might be best off just doing some trial runs and seeing what you can get and what you can't get. (Take a look at some of the shoutcast streams, they have been doing this for a while so they should have things worked out. It looks like 32 kbps 11 kHz Stereo is common and that will work on 56K, might be to much if you are streaming a bunch of flash stuff too)

Tom
http://players.shoutclub.net
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions