Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 29th August 2009, 00:10   #41
Good_Bytes

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSaw
I fixed the green bar issue (it's uploaded)
About your other problem... what screen resolution are you using? Is it working for non-streaming files?
Green bar fixed with latest build, thanks.
I am using 1440x900 screen resolution (laptop).

When I use an album without an album art, and set to show the album art, it shows the picture "done.png" on my desktop. I can change it the picture with another one, and it will show that last one. I know it's rare that people call a picture "done.png", but it happens. If I remove that picture, it shows Winamp picture instead. If you use this file name in your code, you should use a randomly type name and very long to make sure it's unlikely to be used. So many developers that also made an icons will eventually, one day, put a picture called "done.png" on there desktop, like myself.

"Show Media information" with non-transparent works great. But, i think you should use 'Segoe UI' font (Windows default font) so that ClearType is used, and makes the text all smooth and nice, and to also go with the rest of the OS.

"Show Media information" + "transparent" background, I get a black background.

"Use Winamp logo" works fine.

Thanks for looking to it.
Good_Bytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 09:41   #42
TheSaw

Send a message via Yahoo to TheSaw
There were some memory leaks in all older versions, they are now fixed in 0.52, please get this one.

Some problems still persist at some users, trying to figure them out :/

Good_Bytes

I have no idea where that 'done.png' comes from, I'm not saving any files to disk, it's all stored in the .dll, and memory.
Not sure what causes your transparent background not working... Here it works fine, and it's antialised + cleartype too. I'll have to try on some other PC to see.

I re-uploaded version 0.52, with some changes in the drawing, and changed the text font to 'Segoe UI'

Winamp integration plug-in with Windows 7

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

Last edited by TheSaw; 29th August 2009 at 10:03.
TheSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 15:04   #43
Good_Bytes

OK so now ClearType is applied.
I don't know what you did but now the transparency background works great.

Back to the for the 'done.png' problem. I noticed something else. Try this. Create a folder, and place a MP3 with has an external album art, but don't include it in the folder. Get any picture and call it 'done.png' and place it that folder. Now if you load the MP3 in Winamp, Win7TaskIntergration plug-in loads 'done.mp3'.
Now you might say "Yea, well the album art picture is called 'done.png' or it loads wtv picture it finds on the folder", but no, the album art picture name is "AlbumArt_{29ECDAC9-B7DA-4C3C-A743-EEB1D4D97A7A}_Small.jpg", and of course if I rename "done.png" to something else, it doesn't load it. Obviously if that picture file is with the MP3, then it shows the correct album art.

- edit -
This is strange... Winamp just crashed on me, and now your plug-in doesn't want to be loaded anymore by Winamp, even after re-install...
Old 29th August 2009, 15:50   #44
TheSaw

I'm happy 'some' things work for you

No idea what could cause the plug-in not loading anymore. You could try deleting the plug-in settings. Run > %appdata% and go to winamp folder. Open winamp.ini and search for win7shell, delete everything, then reinstall. However the settings can't really cause not loading.

About your mysterious done.png As I said, it only searches the current directory, so if the file is not there, it won't find it. I've also noticed those long GUID-type filenames, so I changed the searching mechanism a bit. Now files whos names start with 'Albumart' have higher priority for being loaded.
Also fixed some image scaling issues.

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

Old 29th August 2009, 16:44   #45
Saturn2K

Woo! we have album art! Now I can give up foo_w7shell and get back my winamp media library. Thank you for your efforts, this is turning out to be fantastic. And I do like having the progress bar on the icon better than on my album art.

I do have one problem, the album art generator seems to randomly choose what quality the art should be. I attached an example of it looking pretty bad compared to a shrunken version of the image.
Attached Images
File Type: png quality.png (79.4 KB, 307 views)
Saturn2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 16:50   #46
Saturn2K

Quote:
You mean draw text on the album art? Well ... i could do that but it wouldn't look good :/
Could you at least give the option?

Personally, I'd like to be able to decide what goes on a line and where the line is (like, should the text be on the top, bottom, or middle of the album art, or above it or below it).

It would be loads easier if we could choose how it's placed with code (ie %album% - %track%). Of course, there'd need to be an option to stretch the thumbnail out to fit text like that, but I digress.

These are all minor little things. As it stands, you pretty much have a really good plugin.
Saturn2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 17:10   #47
TheSaw

Yes, I will add this option tomorrow, but I'm not sure how to do it. If you want to add a line of text above/below it, it will be too small. If I'll draw media info directly on it, it might not be visible. Maybe I could try alphablending the album art, and draw text on it?

I might consider removing all comboboxes, and as you suggested, just leave a huge textbox, and everyone can write what he wants there, including macros like %album% and %track%.

Old 29th August 2009, 19:39   #48
cengizhan

Here is a screenshot which happened after i have used play/pause button on my keyboard several times. Also explorer and firefox windows displays got corrupted. I have installed v0.53 and i am using windows7 x64 english final build.

img339.imageshack.us/img339/2179/20090829220408.jpg
cengizhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 13:37   #49
psik0tik

very nice...
I also tried this windows API with .NET, this is very easy. by the way, it's "Indeterminate" not "Intermediate"
psik0tik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 14:48   #50
TheSaw

hihi... thank for pointing that out... never really checked

Yes, with .NET it would be so much easier than WIN32 C++, but meh.

Old 30th August 2009, 16:52   #51
aehmkei

Thx for your great plug in - very useful.
Running just fine under Win7 x64 rtm.
aehmkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 20:07   #52
Unclean009

I've been using your plug-in for a few days now and it's been fine up until yesterday. I am getting some weird glass graphical glitches like this:
Unclean009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 22:35   #53
TheSaw

@cengizhan, Unclean009: It was reported before, but I have no idea what causes this

0.6b version is out. Didn't have time to test it 100%, because there were lots of changes that might cause some unexpected behavior.

Old 31st August 2009, 00:32   #54
net-cruizer

Nice improvements, thanx.
Just out of curiosity, if I want to just show the player in the thumbnail, how would I go about that now. I don't see a "Show Nothing" option like previous versions.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 11:47   #55
TheSaw

Quote:
Originally posted by net-cruizer
Nice improvements, thanx.
Just out of curiosity, if I want to just show the player in the thumbnail, how would I go about that now. I don't see a "Show Nothing" option like previous versions.
Oh, I didn't include that, I thought that doesn't work. I will add it if you want
Old 31st August 2009, 15:20   #56
Unclean009

Quote:
@cengizhan, Unclean009: It was reported before, but I have no idea what causes this

0.6b version is out. Didn't have time to test it 100%, because there were lots of changes that might cause some unexpected behavior.
I'm fairly certain it's related to the icon overlays.
Unclean009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 17:24   #57
retchless

Any plans to use winamp APIs to get album art, instead of looking in folders? Might be a good way to get ID3v2 album art for free.
retchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 17:34   #58
TheSaw

Unclean009, it might be...

retchless, yes it would be awesome, but I have no idea how to use that. The only example project is missing the files for the album art code. I asked in the Dev section of the forums, still no good solution. I would gladly accept any ideas to do that, as I said some weeks earlier, this is just a temporary solution.

0.6 is out btw. No big changes, but I rewrote all the memory management.
You can disable the thumbnail image from the "Enable" checkbox on top.

Old 31st August 2009, 20:36   #59
retchless

@TheSaw, there's some example code in the most recent Winamp SDK about using the cover directory album art provider.

h ttp://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=2344515#post2344515

I wonder if someone with experience coding the album art views could chime in. Not sure who that is though. Benski?
retchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 21:11   #60
TheSaw

Yes, I've checked that before, but as far as I've figured it out, it only searches for separate files too... I even has a comment like "/* This is just hardcoded for now - Search the albumart in a cover library dir */"

If the current stuff are working for everyone, I'll try using a 3rd party lib to extract the image from the file.

Old 1st September 2009, 01:29   #61
net-cruizer

Quote:
Oh, I didn't include that, I thought that doesn't work. I will add it if you want
Well the winamp player has been showing for me, although a little buggy, and is the oldstyle (2x) skin, but to me, that just seems to be the normal way of showin things in the Aero preview, like how WMP does, it just shows the player.
Would really be sweet if you could get Winamp to show video like WMP. Anyways... awsome work you're doinm, keep it up.
Old 1st September 2009, 07:43   #62
TheSaw

Quote:
Originally posted by net-cruizer
Well the winamp player has been showing for me, although a little buggy, and is the oldstyle (2x) skin, but to me, that just seems to be the normal way of showin things in the Aero preview, like how WMP does, it just shows the player.
Would really be sweet if you could get Winamp to show video like WMP. Anyways... awsome work you're doinm, keep it up.
Well yes, it's the normal way, but normal doesn't always mean "good". Anyways, you can disable the custom thumbnail feature with the checkbox in the top left corner. About the video, I could do it, but I would need the frames from the video.
Old 2nd September 2009, 02:31   #63
Chris000001

I was using .6 and noticed if I had an empty playlist on startup and hovered over Winamp in the taskbar, Winamp would crash. I updated to .62 and the same thing is happening. I also got a weird popup after I installed .62 telling me that I wasn't using Windows 7 (which I am of course.)
Chris000001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:48   #64
TheSaw

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris000001
I was using .6 and noticed if I had an empty playlist on startup and hovered over Winamp in the taskbar, Winamp would crash. I updated to .62 and the same thing is happening. I also got a weird popup after I installed .62 telling me that I wasn't using Windows 7 (which I am of course.)
Does this happen only on the latest version? Did it work before?
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:37   #65
Chris000001

Quote:
Does this happen only on the latest version? Did it work before?
I'm not sure. I don't have any of the old versions to check with and I usually don't have an empty playlist when I close Winamp, so there is usually something there when I start it up, or if it was empty, as soon as I start Winamp (no hovering over the taskbar icon.) I add songs. I only noticed the problem when I had an empty playlist when I closed Winamp. Then I restarted it, but didn't add any songs and started working on something else. Then later went back by hovering the taskbar (while thinking about what to listen to) and it crashed.
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:31   #66
TheSaw

Okay, found the bug, it's fixed. Thx for reporting it.

Also fixed the incorrect Windows check.

Old 2nd September 2009, 19:09   #67
SilverFoxxx

Thanks its a great plug-in! I was wondering though... (sorry if this is obvious!) How do you get the longer taskbar buttons to display? Is that a reg hack or something im missing with the plug in?

I mean these buttons:

Thanks!

PS: I hope your plug in is successful, it deserves to be! If the Winamp review team dont appreciate someone who has the ability to forward think (in this case with use of Winamp with W7), its their loss! Kind regards.
SilverFoxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:24   #68
Good_Bytes

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverFoxxx
Thanks its a great plug-in! I was wondering though... (sorry if this is obvious!) How do you get the longer taskbar buttons to display? Is that a reg hack or something im missing with the plug in?
Haha, no. It's a Windows option...
Right-click on a empty area of the task bar and select "Properties". A panel will open, within it, you have "Taskbar buttons", from where you can select 3 option: "Always combine, hide labels", "Combine when taskbar is full", and "Never combine".

Select either the 2 last one will show the the labels next to the icon on open programs, like you see in the picture.

Enjoy!
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:49   #69
SilverFoxxx

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Bytes
Select either the 2 last one will show the the labels next to the icon on open programs, like you see in the picture.

Enjoy!
Aha! I knew i was a noob! Thanks so much
SilverFoxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:58   #70
Good_Bytes

Sorry for stretching the off-topic:
Windows 7 is full of "hidden" goodness like these.
You should play around Win7 to discover them.

My broken old keyboard allows me to discover this Easter egg:
Have few windows open, then do Ctrl+Shit+Tab (that does a reverse alt+tab), while you do it, hit on the "print screen" key on your keyboard
Do it again, to revert any possible affect.
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:16   #71
TheSaw

The reverse alt tab is alt+shift+tab, but it doesn't do anything for me when hitting printscreen.

Okay, I'll stretch the offtopic a little more: yes win7 has lots of goodies that need to be discovered. They're not quite hidden, but you'll find many minor details that just make your life better using Windows For example the Ctrl+Shift+N creates a New Directory anywhere. Or the file renaming not selecting the extension, etc... just fuckin neat.

Old 2nd September 2009, 23:05   #72
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Had to login just to say thanks!
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:36   #73
hannes

Quote:
Or the file renaming not selecting the extension
This feature is in vista as well :P
hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:39   #74
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
Had to login just to say thanks!
and its not working anymore, it sporadically stops working, and i just the old hover before i installed it.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 00:37   #75
Chris000001

With .63 it has stopped displaying artist or titles.
Old 3rd September 2009, 01:53   #76
net-cruizer

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris000001
With .63 it has stopped displaying artist or titles.
.63 wasn't workin too good for me either.
Player buttons dissapeared more way more often than previous versions. Actually, .62 seemed to be almost perfect, and why I went back to it.
Old 3rd September 2009, 06:31   #77
TheSaw

wtf

I only modified one thing that could be related, and that is to display nothing instead of crashing when the playlist is empty. Maybe your winamp reports the list position differently? Can you tell me which Winamp version are you using?

Old 3rd September 2009, 07:03   #78
Chris000001

I'm using 5.5.6.2512.
Settings:
settings=0101010101010101000000000E0000000101010019
bgpath=
text=%c%%artist%‡%c%%title%‡‡%c%Track: %curtime% / %totaltime%‡‡%c%Playlist: %curpl% / %totalpl%

screenshot (sorry. on photobucket.com):

And, it may not be perfect but I do appreciate all the work that has gone into this plug-in.
Old 3rd September 2009, 07:58   #79
TheSaw

Hm, I found the bug, but this should affect you only if you're playing the first song in your playlist

Regardless, I uploaded a "fixed" version, hope it works.

Old 3rd September 2009, 13:47   #80
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Hey Man, I dont have windows 7 yet, but I wanted to send you a shout out. This plug in looks really great and I cant wait to try it out.
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion