Old 21st April 2010, 04:02   #1
noladeadhead

Random song titles showing up in shoutcast info

OK this one is driving me crazy. I can not replicate it, it seems to happen completely randomly, but when it does happen it seems to happen several times in a sort span (or maybe that is just when its noticed) but I have had 3 different DJs (all using SAM) that it has happened to.

While they are doing their show the server suddenly just adds a song title to the song history list. It happened tonight and I know 1 of the 2 times I saw it it was a song title from a song that played 8-10 hours ago. The other time I didn't recognize the title. I saw it happen a couple weeks ago where it did it over and over like it was showing the songs from 2 different shows at 1 time. I blamed it on the DJs but they didn't believe that at all

I am running multiple servers so possibly that is the issue? I have a 192kbps main server, a 128kbps low bandwidth mirror, and a test server that is usually not in use but the server is still running. I have tried to replicate it by running on the test server without luck.

***EDIT*** Alright it seems to be picking up the song title from a SAM client that is trying to connect while a DJ is on. I kicked a guy and am doing a show right now and it is showing both my songs and his songs in the history list...

Last edited by noladeadhead; 21st April 2010 at 06:30. Reason: additional info
noladeadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
error, random, song, song history, title