Old 2nd April 2011, 21:38   #1
t0ncho

Can't start winamp [error appears]

First to mention...im on Win XP SP3

So when i try to start winamp i get this :

if pic doesn't appear it says: " The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. "

But...i reinstalled it 3 or 4 times aaand it didn't help... first i though it was maybe from the "ClassicPro" addon i use with winamp, but it wasn't...
Then i search for this on google and i find something (Before this error started to appear i was doing some uninstall on some old win xp updates and some useless apps) about this "Visual C++ 2005 redistributable package" ...so i checked i and realized that i don't have this (maybe i uninstalled it ) ...

So i download it, installed it...and same problem again...i reinstalled winamp but the same thing...damn...i downloaded even more updated versions of this...but no change

Before those uninstalls i haven't got any problems with winamp or that addon
t0ncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 22:36   #2
DrO

you need to provide an external plug-in list (see http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins and scroll down to the external tool) or just follow thing clean re-install option via http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=161361#clean (as 3rd party plug-ins aren't usually removed just by running the uninstaller so if something is broken it'll remain there).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 22:28   #3
t0ncho

Hi again.
This is what i get when i run nunz.exe (the external tool)

i dont know... did i do something ...i read, that after this report, i should have an txt file in winamp install directory...but i dont see it...maybe cause the report failed (im too tired to think xD )

So i remembered that i had the lastfm application...aand i removed it. Then i uninstall winamp, after that i instal it again, with a LITE installation type
(ok its custom cause i un-checked some features...and checked some others like media library...i will edit my post tomorrow with the info of my install, because i rly need some sleeping)

aaaaaand some fast clicks for hijackthis and dxdiag ..and yes, i read that i must not fix those ammm errors? register files?...anyhow i haven't do anything

aand my specs :
OS- Win XP SP3
RAM- 512 MB
CPU-AMD Sempron 1.9 GHz (2800+)
As for my sound card, i really dont know...my motherboard is Asus A7N8X (Nvidia Nforce2)
VGA -Ati Radeon 9600 Sapphiere
DirectX is 9.0c (as far as i know...my Video card cant support upper)
Winamp version - 5.61 the free version
Winamp type of installation - Lite but some things are unchecked, some are (again tomorrow i will edit this)

I think that's all...or not..anyway thanks for trying to help and sorry if there is any misspelling... goodnight
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (57.7 KB, 206 views)
File Type: log hijackthis.log (7.1 KB, 183 views)
Old 6th April 2011, 22:21   #4
t0ncho

hi again
as i promise....but i couldn't see the edit button...maybe there isn't one...anyway here's my winamp install

{posted as picture}

also on this current install i have installed only the ClassicPro (version 1.1.5) addOn/plug-in

hope i helped

soooo there was an edit button
Old 12th April 2011, 21:06   #5
t0ncho

bump?

hm no new replies since almost a week ... bump :?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
error, winamp won't start