Old 4th November 2003, 07:36   #401
GreyWolfe

Send a message via ICQ to GreyWolfe
Hows this for a bug: install winamp, run it, window pops up for half a second then process dies completely.

I cant get it to run at all. Not in compatibility mode, not opening it different ways, nothing.

sys specs: Amd 1800xp, winxp pro, audigy, 764mb ram
Old 4th November 2003, 07:44   #402
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by crazee
@Dazog
Yes, i'm running beta 2. I'm not sure if what i described was what you were thinking though. Try this:

1) Load up a classic skin (probably same on modern, didn't try)
2) Move the mouse over any part that changes the cursor, such as the title bar.
3) Right click while the cursor is like that, and the cursor keeps the resize icon until the popup is closed.

It's nothing big, hell, its not even annoying.
I was testing it on Modern.

I see it now on Classic.

I will report it.

Thanx
Old 4th November 2003, 07:55   #403
gorillablume

media library
WA5 beta 2

setting a view to 'filename BEGINS path' does not work when the final directory has a space somewhere in its name.

sorry if this has been said before, but i couldn't get arsed to read through all 11 pages :)
Old 4th November 2003, 07:58   #404
Sawg

put quotes around path

Old 4th November 2003, 09:02   #405
Cianca

my bug is : (in winamp 2.95 & 5.0)

the key control c,x,z work when the main window is focused, when the playlist is focused but not when the library is focused.

bye

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 4th November 2003, 11:20   #406
Cimmo

Send a message via ICQ to Cimmo
It isn't a serious bug, but annoying bug. When you switch in media library from one playlist to another the song's list is showned from the first song also if in a previous time you have selected the last song.
It's annoying because if someone has long playlists everytime he switch from one playlist to another he has to scroll the playlist again.
Old 4th November 2003, 13:17   #407
Cianca

guarda dato che ci sono te lo dico in italiano (sono di Assisi)

quando è focalizzato il media library nn riesco ad usare i tasti

per controllare la riproduzione, xchè?

(lo stesso bug c'è dalla ver 2.9 penso, 2.95 testata)

Old 4th November 2003, 14:41   #408
NeoChaos

Send a message via AIM to NeoChaos
Quote:
Originally posted by NeoChaos
I dunno if this is a bug or a config problem, but I'm reporting here just to be safe.

Basically, if Winamp 5 is closed while it is minimized (taskbar or system tray, doesn't matter which), then re-opened, only the playlist will show up when it starts again. Main window and equalizer comes up when the taskbar button or systray icon is clicked once. Skins don't matter - classic or modern, the playlist is the only window that pops up. Nothing major, just something strange I noticed.

Pentium 4 2.6 GHz
384 MB DDR RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon
Whoops, forgot to say that the WA5 build was beta 2, and OS is WinXP Home SP1.

(BTW, why is there a time limit for editings message? Sometimes people realize more than three hours after they post that they forgot something, you know. Killing the time limit, or at least extending it would avoid things like this post happening.)
Old 4th November 2003, 16:13   #409
Cimmo

Quote:
Originally posted by Cianca
guarda dato che ci sono te lo dico in italiano (sono di Assisi)

quando è focalizzato il media library nn riesco ad usare i tasti

per controllare la riproduzione, xchè?

(lo stesso bug c'è dalla ver 2.9 penso, 2.95 testata)
Guarda io parlavo di un altro bug nel media library non del tuo, comunque anche il tuo lo e', spero lo metteranno a posto.
Old 4th November 2003, 17:42   #410
maluthug

surround sound

P4 2.6 HT, 512MB
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Exitgy
Speakers: Creative Megaworks 6.1

Im a newbie to this forum and forgive me if this has been addressed already. For some reason whenever i run Winamp 5 Beta 2, my center and rear speakers dont play any sound at all, but just my front left and right speakers and the sub play. It did work with Winamp 2 when i had CMSS runing on my extigy.
Old 4th November 2003, 18:36   #411
Supernatural

BUG

Title formatting isn't working under the MPEG audio decoder settings.
Old 4th November 2003, 19:27   #412
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Supernatural
Prefs -> Titles -> Advanced Title Formatting overrides input plugin settings

@Maluthug
TSGH -> Multiple Speaker Output

@Cimmo & Cianca
Unimplemented features aren't bugs.
Old 4th November 2003, 19:59   #413
Cianca

:^)

excuse me but when i go in Menu -> Nullsoft Winamp -> Keyboard Shortcuts

the key for control the playback c,x,z ... this is a feature

when the main window or the playlist is focused this feature work correctly but when the library is focused .... this feature don't work (or are the drugs that don't work????)

.... this is a bug :^)

bye great man

Old 4th November 2003, 20:08   #414
Avalon
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Avalon
Winamp beta 2
Windows XP, PIII-M 512 MB RAM

Bug with Winamp and Shoutcast plugin. When the shoutcast plugin is installed it seems to pop up randomly on startup, and othertimes does not even when DSP plugin's are set to none.
Old 4th November 2003, 20:44   #415
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Cianca
No, look again at the Keyboard Shortcuts in the About Box.
Does it list those hotkeys in the "global" section at the top? No.
They are only listed under main & playlist.

@Avalon
The current Shoutcast DSP is designed/optimized for Winamp 2.x.
It will be updated when 5.0 Final is released.
Optionally, Shoutcast broadcasters should stick with using 2.x for now.
Old 4th November 2003, 23:18   #416
Cimmo

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Cimmo & Cianca
Unimplemented features aren't bugs.
In my case it's very difficult saying if is it a bug or a non-implemented feature.
None have sayed that the program have to not remember the position...why not?
Anyway if you want to correct/implement I'll be very happy
Old 5th November 2003, 00:39   #417
Dipso

Re: virutal memory / RAM hogging during refresh

Quote:
Originally posted by sebreid
Windows XP Home SP1, P4 2.7, 786mb ram

Nice little bug i discovered today, which had previously not happened.

Turned on WA5, and it began its scanning of media folders for changes cycle. Instantly, page file jumped 900mb, and Winamp gobbled up 490mb of ram. At which point, XP reports it to have crashed, and kills the process for me

turned off cycle on start, and it stopped. did a background media scan using library button, and it did the same again.

Has occured about 6 times now when using WA5, does NOT occur using 2.91 using identical folders in its media library. Media library is about 300 hours of oggs/mp3s and has a few anime videos in it. Spread across 2 hard drives, non networked.

Has this happened to anyone else
Yea happened here to.

WinXP SP1 DX9.0b
AMD XP +2500
1800, mp3's (7.91 GBs)
Seems to hapen with backround scans, or with scan on start up feature. Adding the folder the old fasioned way works fine.
Old 5th November 2003, 01:05   #418
bored154
Major Dude

Location: near mid of CA Posts: not much........ B-Day: August 1st
Send a message via Yahoo to bored154
in winamp 5.0 beta 2 it just stopped letting me click the titles in the playlist, it wont highlight... i cant right-click and remove something from the playlist it only comes up with the menu you would get when you click on the top left icon.

system specs about 600 MHz, Sound card: ESS audio drive, video card: 3D prophet 4000XT, compaq deskpro

Windows OS: 98

Supporting"RE-MOD Bilbo"
.::My SETI::..::My Forums::..::My New Site::..::Winamp IRC::..::My DeviantArt Page::.
Old 5th November 2003, 02:55   #419
amano
Major Dude

Cossfading issues with the new button!!

I just tested the new crossfader option in winamp 5. I used wildrose-wally's Fusion skin for winamp3. at the first look I was impressed, with the crossfade slider of the skin I was able to set the fading duration, but then I had a closer look...

1) it changes the settings in PP out_ds.dll, which is ok...
BUT it only changes the fadeout time "on end" of the song, not "fade on start" of the next song.
best to hear if after a calm song a metal song starts, the calm song seems to be cut. Better would be to automatically enable some seconds "fade on start too". Disadvantage: by pressing next the next song fades in

Opinions? Should it be changed?

2) The problem with the crossfading slider (see fusion skin!): if you set it to full fadetime (pulling the crossfading slider to the right side), it automatically sets the buffers in out_ds to extra high values (that does the plugin actually!), but if you decrease the fadetime, the buffers stay high (and vis will delay for 20 seconds!).
If you set the slider to the left side, fadetime "on end of track" will be set to 0 in the plugin and disabled crossfading completetly. If you change the skin and turn crossfading on, it will not work because (although enabled) because the value is set to zero.

Possible solutions for problem 2):

a) disable crossfading slider in skins.

or

b) hand over "known good" crossfading settings AND TIMES (!) to the plugin every time one hits the crossfading button
and hand over recommended buffer settings to the plugin when crossfading is turned off with the button and maybe set the crossfading slider in it's default (Known good middle-) position in the SKIN.

Maybe these problems could be reported.

TNX Amano

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
Old 5th November 2003, 15:00   #420
RaveN-FH-

Re: Re: virutal memory / RAM hogging during refresh

Quote:
Originally posted by Dipso
Yea happened here to.

WinXP SP1 DX9.0b
AMD XP +2500
1800, mp3's (7.91 GBs)
Seems to hapen with backround scans, or with scan on start up feature. Adding the folder the old fasioned way works fine.
i'm thinking this might be the cpu spike i'm seeing as well. does the cpu spike to somewhere in the range of 60-100% during this period?
Old 5th November 2003, 15:36   #421
sebreid

Re: Re: Re: virutal memory / RAM hogging during refresh

Quote:
Originally posted by RaveN-FH-
i'm thinking this might be the cpu spike i'm seeing as well. does the cpu spike to somewhere in the range of 60-100% during this period?
It stays at 100% and locks my system up until i End Process it. I deleted the Main.dat from the folder, which looks to be the media library database, and rebuilding it, think its a corruption in the file that winamp just doesnt like

will see how it goes

Update: Winamp 5 is now 1.4gb in page file. I added my main mp3 dir to the media library, it did this, and now system is basically sluggish, as windows will not recover the virtual memory, until i kill the process.

Enclosed Pics
http://sucess.faereal.net/sebstuff/wmp5tskmgr.JPG
http://sucess.faereal.net/sebstuff/wmp5tskmgr2.JPG

As you can see, winamp is doing oddd things

Update2: I decided to do a manual rescan with task manager open to see when the page jump happened, it occured on a file called Star Trek II (Expanded) -17- Battle In The Mutara Nebula.mp3, which plays normal, and is the same format as the rest of the mp3s in that directory. Will upload onto the web, see what the problem is. But its odd

Update 3: After systematically adding each directory, one by one, and comparing the Task Manager performance as it scanned, and checked each file. I discovered that the file above, and the next files along from that cause winamp to shit itself in the initial scanning phase. It doesnt make it to the checking phase, and can only be stopped with End Process. Although this is when it is a manual rescan, it made it through when added to the media library and its scan.

the file it hangs on is here http://sucess.faereal.net/sebstuff/S...rikes Back.mp3

As you can probably imagine, i am deleting those files now :P

Background scans do take a bloody long time dont they, is there any way of speeding them up?

Last edited by sebreid; 5th November 2003 at 17:24.
Old 5th November 2003, 16:14   #422
meyergru

Winamp 5 Beta 2: Media Library Idiosyncrasy

Hi,

I like the new Winamp 5, truly.

But I think that the way missing ID3 tags are handled is not quite right (as in many other MP3 players).

What I mean is the new feature to replace missing tags by a guess from the file's pathname. This does not always work correctly, especially when most tags are complete. I, e.g., have many files with no album tag, but this does not mean that the folder name can be replaced for it. "No album" just means "no album" in my case, since all my tags are correct.

In short: the feature is not all bad, but should be made optional. I don't quite understand that this is not the case anyway, since the "grade" for this heuristic can be selected.

While we are at it: there should be preferences for the order and activation of ID3 tag reading, e.g. ID3V1, ID3V2 and this new "pathname parsing". Many competitors have weaknesses here, as well. MyMP3Pro for example reads ID3V1 before ID3V2 and there is no way you can change that.

[Merged: (155246) --Sawg]
Old 5th November 2003, 17:40   #423
Araemo

Any news on my last bug bug report?

I didn't see a confirmation of anyone reproducing or reporting it. As I said before, it only happens if "Use advanced title formatting when possible" is turned on. I'm really not sure what the issue is... either it's not falling back to old title formatting when it's not possible, or it should be possible and it's failing somewhere..

I can send someone a few of my mod files in case it's specific to all the mods I have. :P

[edit] inserted by DJ Egg - Lion King replied to you here [/edit]
Old 5th November 2003, 21:24   #424
G-force

POSSIBLE AVS BUG (MILKDROP POSSIBLE OTHERS)

POSSIBLE BUG WITH THE AVS OR JUST MILKDROP PLUGINS. WHEN EVER I HAVE MILKDROP RUNNING AND I CLICK FOR AN EXAMPLE A APPLICATION TO MAXIMISE HIDING WINAMP5 THE WHOLE COMPUTER CRASHES, ALTHOUGH I STILL HEAR MUSIC EVERY THING ELSE IS DEAD. IT COULD BE THAT I GOT A WINAMP3 SKIN AND WINAMP2 PLUGINS OR I GOT MY PRORITY TOO HIGH FOR THE VIS.
HERE ARE THE LIST OF SPECS

WINXP SP1
AMD 1700 (CLOCKED AT 1.4GHZ)
ON BOARD CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER 128
NVIDIA G-FORCE 4 4200TI 128MB AGP 8
AND THE USALL MODEM, KEYBOARD, MOUSE ETC

HOPE THIS SAVES LIVES
Old 5th November 2003, 23:46   #425
Dipso

Ugh, my eyes, save the caps dude.

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Old 6th November 2003, 03:55   #426
Supernatural

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Supernatural
Prefs -> Titles -> Advanced Title Formatting overrides input plugin settings
Thanks, that fixed the problem.
Old 6th November 2003, 08:05   #427
Avalon
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Avalon
hey again, love winamp5 but seems like I have a slight of an audio problem with it. Winamp5 plays my music files Significanltly lower than any other program (even winamp 2.91). At least a good 10 db. I was wondering if it was an issues with winamp 5 and my soundcard which happens to be the Creative Sound Blaster Extigy which is a USB soundcard. Tell me if if it's just me or winamp. Oh using Windows Xp and a pIII - 1ghz with 512 mb of ram.

Oh and DJ Egg, thanks for the help before.
Old 6th November 2003, 09:21   #428
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to iPlayTheSpoons
if you have a freeform skin where the secondary windows (i.e. a thinger window) has a BUTTON that triggers the scale/opacity menu, the opacity menu shows the setting for the main window as checked
Old 6th November 2003, 10:52   #429
Jacob XP

Winamp uses wrong browser when clicking get info

System: Winamp 5.0 beta2 10/23/03.
Windows XP SP1, Mozilla Firebird 0.7 set as default browser

When I am at the medialibrary and click on the "get info" button about a song (to show discography etc.) Internet Explorer (IE) opens. I would expect that my Mozilla Firebird would open.
Old 6th November 2003, 17:39   #430
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacob XP
Winamp uses wrong browser when clicking get info

System: Winamp 5.0 beta2 10/23/03.
Windows XP SP1, Mozilla Firebird 0.7 set as default browser

When I am at the medialibrary and click on the "get info" button about a song (to show discography etc.) Internet Explorer (IE) opens. I would expect that my Mozilla Firebird would open.
Winamp Uses IE not matter what.

Since all systems have Internet explorer installed.

There is currently no way of letting the user pick which browser engine to use.
Old 6th November 2003, 19:10   #431
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

I have an MMD3 bug to report. When you open the side drawers the half of the skin gets cut off.

My system specs.
WinXP pro sp1, Winamp5 beta 2, 1280x1024 screen res, ATI Radeon 7500

[edit]
I was also playing with the scaling when it happend, restarting winamp seemed to help.

Also it would be nice to have (at least the option) to have all the windows scale linked.

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 7th November 2003, 00:43   #432
ssj4_android

Send a message via ICQ to ssj4_android Send a message via AIM to ssj4_android Send a message via Yahoo to ssj4_android
BIG problem

I'm not sure if this was already posted, so I'll post it again. Winamp5 tried to open the last file open or something. The problem is, if it's a stream, and error windows pops up and says "cannot find file http://...". Right now, I have a peercast thing as my last file. Winamp5 will show up, but then it will just freeze. It also starts using up almost all of my CPU.

[edit] inserted by DJ Egg -> crossposted & dealt with here [/edit]

Last edited by ssj4_android; 7th November 2003 at 01:13.
Old 7th November 2003, 01:34   #433
ssj4_android

Send a message via ICQ to ssj4_android Send a message via AIM to ssj4_android Send a message via Yahoo to ssj4_android
Whoops
Old 7th November 2003, 04:32   #434
dlichterman
Forum King

MMD3 and doubblesize

Well i seem to have hit doubblesize while using MMD3....and half the skin is cut off.
I have
-Reinstalled Skin
-Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled
-Reinstalled WA5(no uninstall)
---after removing winamp5 and reinstalling it worked---
I dont know what happened but maybe you guys do!
--Coon

[Merged: (155405) --Sawg]

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 7th November 2003, 05:07   #435
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteRayven
I have an MMD3 bug to report. When you open the side drawers the half of the skin gets cut off.

My system specs.
WinXP pro sp1, Winamp5 beta 2, 1280x1024 screen res, ATI Radeon 7500

[edit]
I was also playing with the scaling when it happend, restarting winamp seemed to help.

Also it would be nice to have (at least the option) to have all the windows scale linked.
Report the MMD3 bug to the author, when winamp 5 is done.

it won't help much here.
Old 7th November 2003, 10:32   #436
glop

hi there

I have the chance to test differents keyboard ( with or whithout cord) and winamp 5 make somme different trouble. Yes i know it's a beta but i say it...

via the Microsoft keyboard it's not as easy as the logitech keyboard, so we must wait ..about the keyboard Logitech

in players.ini for winamp 2, you can add
WinAmp=key,winamp.exe,Winamp v1.x,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp

for winamp 5 :
WinAmp5=key,winamp.exe,STUDIO,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp 5

authorize to launch Winamp but not to control it ...
perhaps you have an explaination ?
Old 7th November 2003, 16:26   #437
RaveN-FH-

what doesn't work with the microsoft keyboard? i'm using a wireless natural multimedia keyboard and all the buttons i have set work: play, pause, forward, back, and my media key set to open winamp.
Old 7th November 2003, 17:32   #438
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

I think he just told you:
Quote:
authorize to launch Winamp but not to control it ...
perhaps you have an explaination ?

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 7th November 2003, 17:34   #439
sebreid

the buttons on a Logitech Wireless Itouch work fine
Old 7th November 2003, 19:34   #440
Moosie

Assertion failed: f!= NULL

Getting the following error when starting winamp 5 beta 2.
Assertion failed
File: C:\dev\Studio\Studio\font.cpp
Line: 122

I have no C:\dev directory....

[edit] crosspost *whacked* and replied to here --> DJ Egg [/edit]
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports