Old 23rd August 2004, 16:32   #41
eye_onus

Jafoon: I fixed the problem- it was actually very simple. I forgot toinclude an image file in the .wal file. It's there now, at least. If you still have the other version of it, go into the .wal (rename it as .zip) and go to video/vis-buttons.png, and copy that file into your versions video/ folder. Or you can just redownload at my link, whichever you think is easier.

Horrible PL bug update: A user named Boricuaso may have found the solution to the problem. As soon as I found what he did do fix his own (similar) PL bug, I'll see if it works on MMD3-for-5's bug.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

.i.a'o.e'e ko klama le bende pe denpa bu
eye_onus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2004, 23:20   #42
Roan

Sweeet! please post the fixed one, I realy appreciate your project man, MMD3 has got to be the best skin for WInamp!
Roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2004, 05:42   #43
shins

Yeah man. Really appreciate the work you've done on this.
shins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2004, 16:05   #44
eye_onus

Hey, don't thank me yet. I don't even know if Boricuaso's solution will work on the MMD3 bug. Until I find out, all we can do is cross our fingers.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 24th August 2004, 20:36   #45
jaffoon

Great news eye_onus, cant get your link to work at the minute but I will be patient!

Thanks once again
jaffoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2004, 11:33   #46
Roan

Hey eye_onus, how about putting bersion numbers on your updates so we'll be sure were downloading the latest with the fix.
Old 25th August 2004, 22:40   #47
eye_onus

I've been doing that. First version was MMD3-for-5, then MMD3-for-5.03, then MMD3-for-5cv (with the vis window looking like the video window), then MMD3-for-5sv (with the standard frame for the vis window). The last 2 are downloaded at the same time. When I can fix the PL bug, it'll have a new name, as well.

Also, I'm going to put both vis window versions into 1 skin. I originally put them into different skins because the skin bugged out when the vis window switched layouts, but I highly doubt any users will be wanting to switch the vis window layout- I'll make it so that you choose which layout you want on a first run. This won't be until I can fix the PL bug, though- both changes will be released in the same version.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 26th August 2004, 21:52   #48
jaffoon

Bloody hell!

I keep trying to download from your sig, but it downloads about 75% then kicks me off!!

Help!
Old 26th August 2004, 22:17   #49
Roan

Get some download accelerator/manager dude. You on 56k?
Old 26th August 2004, 22:38   #50
eye_onus

No, I connect via my college's T3 line. It's not a problem with my connection, it's a problem with Yahoo! being a dick about downloading stuff. Another person said he would make a site for MMD3-for-5, but he has yet to do so.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 26th August 2004, 23:54   #51
eye_onus

The site's not up, but MMD3-for-5 is at a new location. (That you can actually down load from!)

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 27th August 2004, 19:30   #52
jaffoon

I have broadband, but still doing the same eye_onus - where is this new location??
Old 28th August 2004, 04:23   #53
eye_onus

It's in my sig- I changed the link there to the new location.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 28th August 2004, 05:37   #54
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

eye_onus, well done.
I just miss a Repeat All/One/None Button.

Last edited by Koopa; 28th August 2004 at 07:06.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2004, 12:36   #55
jaffoon

Manage to download at last, but still no buttons!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boo hoo!!.jpg (84.4 KB, 496 views)
Old 28th August 2004, 14:10   #56
Roan

How's the playlist with this bug going eye_onus?

http://forums.winamp.com/attachment....postid=1447250

No pressure! Take yer time!
Old 28th August 2004, 19:59   #57
eye_onus

Okay, jafoon, try DL'ing it again- I uploaded the unfixed version to the new site.

Roan- no progress. The bug only happens if you use both PLs, as long as you only use one or the other you're safe. Also, the bug only affects the window PL, so you can always use the drawer PL without problems. For now, all I can say is if it bugs out, push 'F5' to reload the skin and it'll work again.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 28th August 2004, 22:01   #58
jaffoon

Brilliant, well done eye_onus and thanks a lot.

I am gonna take the mickey now, but when you next have a go at it, how do you fancy making the video window match the others?

Don't have a go - it's just a cheeky request!! ;-)
Old 28th August 2004, 22:09   #59
Roan

OH. I dont know a thing about coding, but is it possible that you 'copy' codes from other skins? Coz theres this skin called "Invicta" by rpeterclarck and it handles both playlists properly without any bugs. Check it out.
Old 29th August 2004, 03:40   #60
eye_onus

Actually, it does have a bug- the playlist numbering starts at 0 instead of 1 likes it supposed to, and the little box that tells you which song is currently playing is always on the wrong song. rpeterclark knows of this bug himself (check his website) and also doesn't know how to fix it.

If you guys want, I'll use his 'solution' to the problem, but it's the same thing Sven uses on the drawer PL in MMD3, so if you really want it that way, you could always just go download that skin instead.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 29th August 2004, 04:07   #61
Roan

Ah yes, that bug. Although its ok with me (I dont really look at the playlist numbers anyway), theres another bug which prevents me from using Svens v2.2/2.1 MMD3:

With this setting (screenshot) and tooltips enabled, clicking the drop down playlist when in hor-shade mode makes the cpu usage JUMP to 100% making everything very laggy. Eye_onus, can you somehow optimize Sven's playlist so it wont lag so much? I tried the same settings on the Invicta skin and it renders them flawlessly... but like you said, the playlist numbering bug is also in that skin but the 'out of the playlist window' bug is not.
So yeah, can you copy how the Invicta skin handles the playlists? If so, please man do it! (If you have time)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bugzors.jpg (87.5 KB, 456 views)

Last edited by Roan; 29th August 2004 at 04:32.
Old 29th August 2004, 22:31   #62
eye_onus

I'll get on it, it'll be a day or so.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 30th August 2004, 11:41   #63
Burnett

Hi eye_onus!

Just downloaded your custom skin. I'm going to pay attention if I find any difference.

Burnett
Burnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2004, 09:05   #64
Burnett

Actually I don't see any (relevant) difference! ... Is there any (except the VIS-window)?

The only thing I miss is the right color- theme. The body looks best in "clean" but the screen in "blue" is too dark for me and "lightblue" appears too grey!
Old 1st September 2004, 09:40   #65
Roan

I agree. The new default color theme for MMD345 (Hmmm, I think its better if we called this project MMD345! hehe) hurts my eyes. I much prefer silver2-orange. How do I manually set it to my own default theme? Guys?

Oh, and Burnett, the purpose of MMD3-for-5's is not to look like the next MMD3.. (It doesnt need to ) but instead it aims to iron out the bugs when it is used on Winamp versions 5 and up. Right eye_onus?
Old 2nd September 2004, 04:50   #66
eye_onus

Exactly right, Roan, although I think I'm going to give up- the PL bug is heretofore unfixable, and the other thing I wanted to do (create a 4-state repeat button) is also not possible without using a lag-inducing script. (The four states I wanted to use are: Repeat 1, Repeat all, Play 1, Play all, but to do 'Play 1' requires a laggy script.)

I have made quite a few changes to MMD3, but almost, if not all, of them are changes to the horizontal winshade mode:

HShade now resizable, and has an auto-hide (not docking, as that bugs out the drawers, a working scripted work-around)

Both shades have the PL button switched to a ML button for anti-redundancy reasons.

The color themes windows colors are fixed- no more pink.

The visualization window, both the standard and custom windows (standard being the one you get with MMD3, custom being the one that looks like the video window) have the vis. buttons now. (Sven forgot to put the buttons on MMD3.)

The default color theme is changed- if you want to change YOUR SKIN'S color theme, use the CT window and push switch. If you want to change the DEFAULT theme, you do this:

rename the .wal to .zip

open the .zip and go into xml/color-presets.xml

whichever theme is the FIRST theme is the default theme- find the theme you want as default and copy/paste it to the top of the file.

keep in mind that downloading a later version of MMD3-for-5 will reset the default theme to the one I chose- and by the way, the reason I changed the default theme is for two reasons- it's the theme that I like best and use, and it makes it easier to distingiush from MMD3 v2.2 when you download it- the color differences are readily apparent as completely different.

Also, just to let you guys know, the color theme that you selected for ANY skin you have is stored in 'winamp/studio.xnf', so no matter how many times you install the same skin, it'll keep the CT you picked for it way back when.

I'm not sure, but I believe there are other changes I've done to MMD3- if so, they were minor enough I don't remember them.

In any case, I'm working on a new skin now- one that scripted entirely by myself. The graphics are being done by someone else, of course (I suck donkey balls when it comes to artistry). I'll include a pic of what it looks like so far. (Keep in mind that the visualization and text are pasted on- I haven't actually done that stuff yet.
Attached Images
File Type: gif demo.gif (98.5 KB, 446 views)

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 2nd September 2004, 09:24   #67
Burnett

Quote:
Originally posted by eye_onus
If you want to change the DEFAULT theme, you do this:
rename the .wal to .zip
open the .zip and go into xml/color-presets.xml
Can I change the actual color of the CTs with that by myself, with Photoshop? Like it's possible with the classic skins? 'Cause I would like to change a screen color a bit.
Old 2nd September 2004, 22:15   #68
eye_onus

Burnett: CT's are described in XML- the way they work is by having each element in the skin belong to a 'gammagroup'. Winamp then use the following setup to change the colors:
Quote:
<gammaset id="silver2 | darkblue (default)">
<gammagroup id="Backgrounds" value="100,150,200"/>
<gammagroup id="Frontcover" value="-2700,-2600,-2550"/>
<gammagroup id="Display" value="-1500,-1000,2500" gray="2"/>
<gammagroup id="DisplayLabel" value="-1500,-1000,2500" gray="1" boost="1"/>
<gammagroup id="VISDisplay" value="-500,0,2000" gray="2"/>
<gammagroup id="LED" value="-1500,-1000,2500" gray="1"/>
<gammagroup id="KnobLED" value="-1500,-1000,2500" gray="1"/>
<gammagroup id="Buttons" value="400,500,560" gray="1"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonsFront" value="444,500,644" gray="1"/>
<gammagroup id="BackgroundLabel" value="0,0,0" gray="1"/>
<gammagroup id="FrontcoverLabel" value="2000,2000,2000" gray="1" boost="1"/>
<gammagroup id="PosLabel" value="-100,-30,0" gray="1" boost="1"/>
<gammagroup id="CoverLabel" value="-2000,-2000,2000"/>
<gammagroup id="MainLabel" value="3500,3800,4000" boost="2"/>
<gammagroup id="Thinger icons" value="2020,2120,2220" gray="1"/>
<gammagroup id="ThingerButtons" value="0,30,100" gray="1"/>
<gammagroup id="Thinger" value="255,355,455" gray="1" boost="1"/>
</gammaset>
The 'value' is RGB values between -4096 and 4096, to change the color of something, you find what gammagroup it's in and adjust the numbers that way. The 'gray" causes the gammagroup elements to be put in grayscale before altering the colors, 'boost' causes the element to be mixed with 50% white.

The color of the images in MMD3 and MMD3-for-5 is actually the CT 'clean | green'. Altering the images color in photoshop won't do you a bit of good- you have to use the gammasets- which on MMD3 is found in xml/color-presets.xml within the .wal file (rename to .zip)

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 3rd September 2004, 09:32   #69
Burnett

I see! Thank you.
I was astonished about the green files.

So I've to change the >>"Display" value<< to get a different display-color? ... I'll try it out.

The classic skin "SMAR Obsession" is original only in red available, but I changed it to blue. That looked much better. That was quite obvious how to do it.
Old 4th September 2004, 00:32   #70
Roan

Quote:
Exactly right, Roan, although I think I'm going to give up
Nooooo! you can't give up! How about the simple playlist font rendering tweak you promised me!
Old 4th September 2004, 03:00   #71
eye_onus

Burnett: Your welcome, and just as example:
<gammagroup id="Display" value="(RED),(GREEN),(BLUE)" gray="2"/>

The values for RED, GREEN, and BLUE are from -4096 (0 in M$ Paint) and 4096 (255 is M$ Paint)

<gammagroup id="Display" value="0,-4096,-4096" gray="2"/>
____________^^^
Would be R=127, G=0, B=0, a dark red color (about maroon).

Roan, I'm still going to do the things I said I would, but I'm not going to work to fix anymore problems- actually, after this release I'm going to modify the skin for Wasabi, since I /am/ able to make the four-state repeat with Wasabi, and the PL doesn't bug out either- in other words, the things I /want/ to do to this skin I /can/ do, but only if I make it a Wasabi skin.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 7th September 2004, 11:02   #72
Roan

Oh great! Thanks eye_onus! Anyways, what is wasabi? I think I've heard it before, somewhere in the installation of Winamp3.
Old 8th September 2004, 02:57   #73
eye_onus

Wasabi is what Winamp3 was renamed to when Winamp5 came out. It's basically the same, but because the people developing Wasabi are not the people developing Winamp, there are some differences.

Example: In Winamp, the Repeat settings are -n,0,n, where n is any integer. A non-zero value for Repeat turns on repeat, a non-postive value turns on manual playlist advance, allowing three states: Repeat all, Repeat one, Play all.

In Wasabi, the settings for Repeat are: 0 (Play all), 1 (Repeat 1), 2 (Repeat all), 3 (Play 1).

A minor difference, granted, but one that I greatly desire- I would much rather have a 4-state Repeat than a 3-state one.

One thing which is intriguing, however, is that in the Winamp5 version before the NStates button, the settings for Repeat were the same- they changed it in 5.03 to it's current method.

Another example is the PL method that is used in MMD3, the final Winamp MMD3-for-5, and Invicta skins doesn't bug out in Wasabi- it works flawlessly, just like it did in W3, because Wasabi IS W3.

Since both of these things are the only two things left I want to do to MMD3-for-5, and both of these things are not currently possible in Winamp, I'm moving it to Wasabi.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 8th September 2004, 04:05   #74
Roan

If it makes MMD3 run flawlessly on Winamp 5 then awesome!!! Last noob question: Will wasabi increase or decrease my Winmap's loading time? Cause the default xml version takes about 2 seconds... I wish I could load it up in less 0.50 seconds like Winamp classic.
Old 8th September 2004, 09:54   #75
Burnett

Quote:
Burnett: Your welcome, and just as example:
<gammagroup id="Display" value="(RED),(GREEN),(BLUE)" gray="2"/>
The values for RED, GREEN, and BLUE are from -4096 (0 in M$ Paint) and 4096 (255 is M$ Paint)
<gammagroup id="Display" value="0,-4096,-4096" gray="2"/>
____________^^^
Would be R=127, G=0, B=0, a dark red color (about maroon).
Okay. ... Why are the numbers different? I looked the colors up in Photoshop and the "values" for red, green and blue are not comparable! Is this a different code? ... This seems to entail long "try-and-error"-hours.
Old 8th September 2004, 10:15   #76
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

If I remember rightly...

Find the RGB values for the color you want. Multiply the value for red by 32. If the value is below 128, make the number negative. Then replace the first value with this. Do the same thing with green to second value, and blue to get the third.

That make any sense?
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2004, 15:04   #77
Burnett

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
That make any sense?
No idea. But I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Old 12th September 2004, 21:33   #78
SHADOW-XIII

my report using newest MMD3 for 5:

bug: I got this but when I open playlist from right mouse menu menu (also sliding-from-the-top while minimized to the top playlist it is disappearing when I click in menu from mouse while the playlist is slided down)

bug: on slower machines (or when 1st time displaying big playlist, I'm talking about the slided from the top version of the playlist) when I click on small button to slide playlist down, I see normal playlist window/dialog .... then it suddenly disappears and then playlist slide down

bug: sliding from the top color themes slides very slow at 1st slide

feature: I would like to see is that the most left button that hides to the top minimized version of mmd3, should work until I press it again, now it works once, when it hides and shows again it hides no more.... I would like it to auto-hide again if MMD3 is not active

feature: 3-step-repeat option that is already in Winamp's Modern Skin that allows also repeat-file (currently I have to go into prosperites and check Playlist->Manual Playlist Advance to get that)

sorry if it's too much but I really like MMD3
tip: change topic title so that searching forum for 'mmd3' will find this topic (currently I have to look for 'mmd3*' to find it, so better remove '-' and replace them with ' ')
SHADOW-XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 07:54   #79
Burnett

Quote:
Originally posted by SHADOW-XIII
my report using newest MMD3 for 5:

bug: I got this
Me too! And then Winamp crashes Windows!!! Even reinstallation didn't help! Really bad.
Now I try it with Winamp 5.0.3. ...
Old 13th September 2004, 10:41   #80
The Cool Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Zed03
In horizontal compact mode, the CT button on the right (for color themes) has a bugged pink select.
Try to refresh the skin (F5). I works sometimes.
The Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins