Old 13th September 2004, 13:20   #81
Janus Lunar
Space: 1 Pilot: 0
(Senior Member)

Send a message via AIM to Janus Lunar Send a message via Yahoo to Janus Lunar
So then - this means that this 'updated' MMD3 does not pop up an error when it tries to load - and then crash winamp itself like the original did on Winamp 5.01 and up? (Yeah - idiots asking questions)

"Love is what you make of it, if you wish it to last for all time, then you must be willing to risk it all for the one you love."

- Sean T. Wiliams (1983 - )
Janus Lunar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 23:07   #82
R_Humbucker

Again I thank you eye_onus for keeping this great skin alive! I patiently await the wasabi version...

Yeah, I also noticed the brief display of the normal size playlist when the small playlist is loading in horizonal mode. However, I think this may actually help it to load properly. It doesn't bug out on my machine. Also, the pink box in the color themes window is gone now thanks to the latest update.
R_Humbucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2004, 18:21   #83
eye_onus

Quote:
feature: I would like to see is that the most left button that hides to the top minimized version of mmd3, should work until I press it again, now it works once, when it hides and shows again it hides no more.... I would like it to auto-hide again if MMD3 is not active

^^^ This feature is implemented already:
Left-clicking that button will only hide once- it is not auto-hide. To turn auto-hide on/off, RIGHT-click the same button. When auto-hide is on, that button will invert as though it has been pushed in (kinda like those rubber button switches in the real world).

Quote:
feature: 3-step-repeat option that is already in Winamp's Modern Skin that allows also repeat-file (currently I have to go into prosperites and check Playlist->Manual Playlist Advance to get that)
^^^ This feature will not be implemented on MMD3-for-5, however, a 4-state repeat will be implemented on the wasabi version of the skin. (4-state = Play all, Play 1, Repeat all, Repeat 1).

Also, the playlist bugs are known and I will work on them as soon as I have computer access again- I just moved from Boise, ID, to Hampton, VA and I'm still getting set up.

The CT drawer bug is a problem with Winamp, I think. All I can say about that is- and excuse me if I sound rude- deal with it.

Janus- The version of MMD3 that MMD3-for-5 is developed from, v2.2, downloadable from the Winamp skins site, does not crash Winamp or pop up an error when it loads- so this one does not either. My suggestion is that you download MMD3 v2.2 if all you want is what was available during the reign of W3, and only download this if you want the added features I coded into MMD3.

R_Humbucker: I would like to see a screenshot of your copy of MMD3-for-5 with both PL's open. The PL bug is as follows: the drawer PL will /always/ work, but if you use it, the normal windowed PL bugs out. As long as only one or the other is used, the bug does not show up. If somehow this bug does not occur for you, I would very much like to find out how- so I can fix it for every one else.
Also, what Winamp version do you use?

Lastly, to everyone: I don't know when I'll be able to work on this project, due to the move. I will continue to come here and keep you guys updated, but until I can get a computer w/ internet access, this will be rare. I apologize if this inconvienences any of you, and I will do my best to get this done quickly.

Eye/Onus aka Jon Jones

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

.i.a'o.e'e ko klama le bende pe denpa bu
eye_onus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2004, 18:32   #84
SHADOW-XIII

eye_onus, indeed autohide works (but small thing when I move out mouse from the hide button then it does not hide, I have to move out mouse from non-buttons things) .. I think it is Winamp problem

and thx for 4-step repeat button

I am glad you working on it, this is the best skin ever

I hope you settle fast and wil work on it
SHADOW-XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2004, 21:59   #85
R_Humbucker

I'm using Winamp Pro 5.05 with the MMD-for-5cv skin. In horizonal mode the normal playlist will appear for a split second then disappear before the drawer loads. Works perfectly after loading. However the playlist bug does appear in normal mode. I wonder if the other skin in your zip file will do the same? I'll try it and post the results.
Old 17th September 2004, 01:07   #86
R_Humbucker

Ok, the playlist bug (normal mode) is in both skins. F5 will take care of it though. I have successfully opened both playlists in horizonal mode but only after hitting F5.
Old 17th September 2004, 09:24   #87
SHADOW-XIII

R_Humbucker, yep I already reported that few days ago ....
anyway I have also found that when playlist in horizontal mode is visible and I close Winamp then after starting Winamp again Playlist in window mode is visible
SHADOW-XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2004, 22:21   #88
R_Humbucker

"anyway I have also found that when playlist in horizontal mode is visible and I close Winamp then after starting Winamp again Playlist in window mode is visible"

I noticed that also. The playlist bug, for me anyway, is no big deal. I only use MMD3 in horizontal mode. As long as you don't try to use both playlists the bug doesn't appear. I always use the drawer playlist.

Jon,
I hope everything goes well with the move. Thanks again for the lastest update.
Old 20th September 2004, 19:37   #89
eye_onus

Some people on this forum have asked me to use the method Invicta and MMD3v2.2 use for the drawer PL, which is slightly buggy- I intend to do this, but not until everything else on MMD3-for-5 is finished, and the reason is this: some people, like myself, use only the horizontal shade mode, and also only use the drawer PL. Since that PL always works without problems, those people who use only that PL should not be punished with a buggy PL. For the others who use other the normal PL only, there also is no problem. Only for those people who use BOTH PLs is there a problem, and so their fix will be the last thing done.

Also, when I move MMD3-for-5 to Wasabi, I will be using the Invicta method, because on Wasabi that method is not buggy.

I will be letting everyone here know when these things come about, but none of this will happen until I can get my own computer- right now I'm using the public library's.

Hopefully I'll have my own in about a month or so, after I get my second paycheck (my first is going to food.)

Cheers to all and please have patience,
Eye/Onus

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 24th September 2004, 03:56   #90
shins

good to know you're still working on this. Thanks for the update.
shins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2004, 11:18   #91
Tommy_Lamp

Glad to revive this thread

I'm trying to find the MMD3 for 5.05 but cant find it anywhere. the version on winamp.com/skins im assuming is for v3 as it does not work on my v5.05 winamp. The link in eye_onus's sig does not work. does anyone know where i can find it?

Thanks
T.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it working

Last edited by Tommy_Lamp; 11th October 2004 at 13:35.
Tommy_Lamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2004, 17:13   #92
Caeadas

http://www.geocities.com/eye_onus/loadpage.html

Thats a working link to mmd3-for-5 I found in an old post. After you download, open the zip file and pick which version you want. It seems that the link in eye-onus' sig doesn't work. I hope that this doesn't overload that geocities account...
Caeadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 01:14   #93
eye_onus

Hello, anyone who still cares about MMD3-4-5. I'm sorry for not being on here for so long, I've just had other things to take care of.

As soon as I remember what it is that I am supposed to be doing on MMD3-4-5, I'll get back to working on it.

I'm also thinking about adding another feature, but I won't say what it is until I find out if I can actually do it.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 16th April 2005, 07:08   #94
STanger

Send a message via AIM to STanger Send a message via Yahoo to STanger
I hope you've gotten the proper permission for this by now

cuz I still can't believe sven hasn't stopped this by now ..either he doesn't know or he doesn't care
STanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 07:48   #95
biggman15

Hmm... I don't know... Someone else took credit for the original on Deviantart....

biggman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 08:52   #96
STanger

if you look in the WA Prefs Sven Kistner is the one credited with the creation of the Winamp 5 Modern Skin

if anyone else is taking credit for it on another site it's a rip off
Old 16th April 2005, 11:32   #97
eye_onus

In reply to STanger:

Firstly, almost exactly 1 year ago I received permission from Sven Kistner to do this project- here is an excerpt from that letter:
Quote:
... hereby you receive the permission to post your changed version of MMD3 on your private site and announce it in the forum. Once Sven will have some more time he probably will develop his own update of the skin....
Secondly, IMHO, you picked the worst Metallica song as your name.

Thirdly, I am not taking credit for Sven's work. In no way have I ever said, implicitly or explicitly, that I am the creator, in whole or in part, of the Winamp3 skin MMD3. I have explicitly and repeatedly stated that I am not.

I am the creator, in whole, of the changes made to MMD3 to make the MMD3 for Winamp5.x skin, known better as 'MMD3-4-5'. I take credit only for that which I have done to aforementioned skin, and I will only take credit for that which I have done.

In sum, the skin is his. The updates are mine.

Anyone not a year behind want to say anything?

Eye/Onus

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 16th April 2005, 19:17   #98
biggman15

Here's the one Takeing credit for the original...
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/772598/

EDIT:
Nevermind Did Deeper Research that is actually Sven's Alias on DeviatArt... Nevermind...

Last edited by biggman15; 16th April 2005 at 19:44.
biggman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 19:49   #99
sanosuke
Major Dude

bartibartman is what sven calls himself. Its his nickname.

Big-assed signature deleted by errr.. whats his name again??
sanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 20:52   #100
STanger

eye_onus I didn't know you had recieved any formal permission for this and second of all, bringing your distaste for Metallica into this discussion is really mature pal...Why would you even care? ..let me tell ya..it's got nothing to do with it

so quit acting like you're all that ...the lack of oxygen at the altitude of the pedestal you put yourself on must be affecting your thinking
Old 17th April 2005, 16:23   #101
Nick555

Where is the latest version from eye_onus? I use Winamp exclusively in Winshade mode,so I think I'd appreciate the tweaks, hopefully with one button access to the library?

Also it looks like notifications don't work in this skin. Does anyone know how I can add this function?

Regards
Nick
Nick555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2005, 22:20   #102
eye_onus

I did not bring my distaste of Metallica into this discussion, because such a distaste does not exist. I expressed my opinion that you chose Metallica's worst song as your name. The implication was that you should be original when deciding what you shall be called. You chose to flame me in reply. Good luck in your future, man. You'll need it.

There is a third party plugin which does notification a la Winamp Modern, I don't recall the name of it but it should be easy to do a search for.

The latest version of MMD3-4-5 is located here: http://www.geocities.com/eye_onus/loadpage.html

And yes, there is one button access to the library- in horizontal winshade mode, what was the button for the Playlist Editor is now the button for the Media Library.

Eye/Onus

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 17th April 2005, 22:29   #103
Nick555

Thanks for your reply eye_onus

I found a notification program - called Toaster. Your ML tweak works just fine, thanks. I noticed that the text Shffle Repeat & Cfade are too bold, but it's no big deal.

Thanks again

Regards from England
Nick
Nick555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2005, 01:58   #104
STanger

well ST. Anger is my favorite Metallica song and if you don't like it you still shouldn't have mentioed it since there isn't any room for stuff like that in a thread about a winamp modern skin ..and of course who couldn't use more good luck
Old 18th April 2005, 18:11   #105
shins

thanks for the update.
Old 19th April 2005, 05:08   #106
eye_onus

Okay, I've reread this thread far enough back that I've found what it is I'm supposed to be working on for MMD3-4-5: Firstly, I've been asked by some people to revert the drawer-PL to the method used in MMD3v2.2, which has the following problems: This method causes the listing to begin at 0, instead of 1 as it should, and the selection bar appears one track below actual slection. These bugs only appear in the drawer-PL with this method, so anyone that does not use the drawer-PL will have no problem with it. With the current method used for the drawer-PL, using both the drawer-PL and windowed PL causes the windowed-PL to bug out, as many people have pointed out on this thread time and time again.

I have a proposition- since both methods are bugged, but in different ways, I was thinking that instead of reverting to the old method, I could do the following instead:

For the drawer-PL on horizontal winshade, add a right-click function that allows the user to choose if clicking on that button opens the drawer-PL or the windowed-PL. With the current method, neither PL bugs out unless both are used.

This means that those people who only use the drawer-PL will still be able to use it in the final non-Wasabi version of MMD3-4-5, and those who use the windowed version will be able to set MMD3-4-5 to not open the drawer-PL and therefore not bug out the windowed one.

I will begin implementing this feature into MMD3-4-5 immediately, as the time it takes to code is minimal, but I will not release it if you say don't want it.

Please keep in mind that although I will be working on MMD3-4-5 after this last update, I will be working on making it work for Wasabi, not for Winamp5.0x, and any further work I do for Winamp will be other projects, such as entirely new skins.

The MMD3-4-5 project is and always was, for me, a learning experience. I love the MMD3 skin, and I began working on it because I felt it needed changes done to it to make it better, to enable the skin to take advantage of things Winamp is able to do now, that weren't able to be done when MMD3 was created- or at least weren't implemented at that time. The MMD3-4-5 project is my attempt to implement those things the MMD3 does not have but could, in an attempt to make what I consider the best skin around stay the best skin around, and also to help me learn how to make a skin.

Whatever skins I make will not be like MMD3, or like the MMD3-4-5, but they will have the same style, the same flavor, and the same features, becuase that which was given to MMD3 by my hand will be given to any and every skin I make. They will also fit my needs as well as MMD3 does, which means that they should hopefully fit yours as well.

In any case, this is not my signing off letter, but it is my expression of time. The time is nearing when the MMD3-4-5 project will be done, when everything that can be done to MMD3 for Winamp5.0x will be done, and when that time comes, I will be moving on to other things: new Winamp5.0x skins coded entirely by myself (though someone else will have to do the graphics- I can't draw worth a cup of beans), and porting MMD3-4-5 to Wasabi.

There is one thing that I want to do with MMD3-4-5 that I am unable to do- and that is to make a four state-repeat button (Play 1, Play all, Repeat 1, Repeat all). This is possible in Wasabi, which is the entirety of the reason for me porting to Wasabi, but if it ever becomes possible to make a four-state repeat with Winamp, you can bet your arse that I'm going to update MMD3-4-5 with one.

Let me know what you think about the window/drawer PL setting button, and cheers.

Eye/Onus

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 19th April 2005, 22:29   #107
shins

Your idea for the playlist sounds like it should work. Most people use one or the other. I basically only use skins in winshade mode, so that'd be cool with me.
Old 19th March 2006, 06:12   #108
Roan

hey! what the news on the updated mmd3 skin?
Roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 19:47   #109
eye_onus

I haven't done anything with it- haven't had the time, what with college and job and girlfriend.... I'll work on it when I get the time, and I'll let you all know on the thread when it's done- just check back every so often- or subscribe so that you'll get a message when a new post comes.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 20th March 2006, 22:27   #110
eye_onus

Okay, I've now updated MMD3-4-5, now there is the ability to choose which PL the winshade button opens.

Also, I am no longer incuding two version of my work to satisfy those of you who prefer the standard look for the visualization window, as opposed to the video window's look, as there is exactly ONE FILE DIFFERENCE between the two.

View the ReadMe file for information on how to keep the standard look for the visualization window if it's that important to you.

There's two things I have left that I'd like to do: add snap points between the different windows- something I haven't done yet at all, so I've got to finbd out how snap points /work/ first, and see about a different way to implement my fake auto-hide code- in case you didn't know, the reason I use my own code is because WinAMP's doesn't support the use of trays, and MMD3's shade is chock full of them- my code accounts for that.

In any case, if anyone has an idea for me for this skin, or maybe they have a design for a skin and they'd like a coder, contact information is in the readme file.

I'll keep you updated on my progress, v1.1 is the next release, it'll have the snap points, then v1.2 with the revamped auto-hide code.

Eye/Onus

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 21st March 2006, 00:02   #111
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Message to Mr Jones:

Should this skin maybe be placed in the database under the Nullsoft Skinz account, and the broken version removed?

This would also solve a little thing you mentioned backstage.

eye_onus: Just in case we do put this skin up, we only need one version, we won't do two. Make your choice, and stand by.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 07:13   #112
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally
Message to Mr Jones:

Should this skin maybe be placed in the database under the Nullsoft Skinz account, and the broken version removed?

This would also solve a little thing you mentioned backstage.

eye_onus: Just in case we do put this skin up, we only need one version, we won't do two. Make your choice, and stand by.

Message to Mr Wildrose

I guess, but I'd hate to kill the original however, for lots of reasons.

Besides it wouldn't solve the little thing I mentioned backstage, only give it a different shape, if you follow my meaning.

/cryptic conversation eh?
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 00:07   #113
eye_onus

I undersand about not wanting to kill the original- I don't want to keep Sven from his proper credit.

Maybe load it as an alternate, instead? After all, mine is called MMD3-4-5, which isn't the same name, so t be possible to have both Sven's and mine.

Or give us both credit as author, maybe? Him as creator, me as updater?

Although it would make it easier for whoever does DL my skin to download from here instead of my page, due to the Geocities restrictions, I don't really mind not having as an 'official' skin.

In response to the multiple versions, thing: I have chosen a version, the one with the customized vis. window, but I included the file for the standard vis. as well, for those people that want to go through the effort of changing it.

If you guys do decide to allow this skin to be posted, I'll be sure to finalize it into a completed version.

I'm actually going to starrt working on other skins now, MMD3 has taught me quite a bit about skinning- enough that I could build one from scratch, anyway. Plus there's the fact that there isn't really much left to do from my standpoint- just a couple things that are really just maintenence thihngs: revamping the 'fake auto-hide' code and adding snappoints to the skin, nothing major.

I still want to figure out a way to make a button that turns manual playlist advance on and off, though- I really do want to be able to make a skin with a 4-state repeat.

Eye/Onus

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 16th June 2006, 05:34   #114
eye_onus

Alright, so I've done a couple things to the skin, nothing major, just made it so that the autohide script is no longer buggy anymore, and put a couple snappoints on to make the windows snap to the winshade.

To anyone who wants it: Enjoy!

Eye/Onus

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 22nd June 2006, 16:50   #115
Burnett

Nice skin! But I guess I have some green problems:

Burnett
Burnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 02:42   #116
eye_onus

Huh. Hadn't noticed that. I'll take a look at it and see about fixing it.
I have no idea what images it's not finding, but those green things are "image not found" errors.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 23rd June 2006, 03:16   #117
eye_onus

Okay, it's been fixed- somehow one of the files was replaced by a file from a different skin- don't ask me how, I have no clue.

Sorry about that.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 23rd June 2006, 16:35   #118
Burnett

Hey, no problem.
I only thought I wouldn't be the first to notice ... or to mention!?

cu Burnett
Burnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2006, 17:56   #119
Tram

Anyone have any idea why MMD3 would not be working at all?

Everytime I try to load it the classic winamp skin is displayed.. Other skins work.. I just downloaded the latest update of Winamp and I'm getting hosed..

Thanks

jeff
Tram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 10:31   #120
DrO

you need to extract the skin zip out of the zip you've downloaded from the site and then use that. winamp does not handle zip files within zip files for skins and hence why it's not working for you

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins