Old 27th December 2006, 07:38   #201
Red Wine
Forum King

BTW, I did't want to mess on the other thread, the plugin is just incredible!
Thank you!

Quick AVI Creator - Quick and easy convert from DVD/MPEG/AVI/MKV to AVI/MP4/MKV
Quick AVI Creator entirely edited with NSIS and entirely upgraded to Unicode NSIS
Red Wine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2006, 09:41   #202
Takhir
Major Dude

Thanks, Red Wine
Takhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 11:11   #203
dannyoneill

Hi, Im having a few problems, when i run my download installer I dont receive a dialog box with the download progress. However I did with the older version in the quote below. The latest one does download the file but totally silent.

My line reads as follows

InetLoad::load ${PDFURL} $PROGRAMDIRECTORY\CoolPDF.exe

As I said, it worked fine with older versions but the latest just doesnt show any progress.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Takhir
It�s not easy to debug program if you cannot touch the problem with your own hands J
I made one minor improvement for error 407 (proxy authorization), might be good to test it. But the main question is in explicit proxy authorization if IE registry parameters (already used) are not enough for connection. This require user_name and password. I see 2 simple ways to resolve the problem, silent InternetSetOption(INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_PASSWORD + INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_USERNAME) if these parameters presents in the plug-in call (something like �load /PASSWD=passwd ��) or popup dialog (InternetErrorDlg for example), where user can enter name and passwd for proxy auth (not works in the silent mode). Both variants may present in program, of course. First is good for corporate network distribution, second � for Inet downloads. If this is what you need � I�ll be in office in Monday and can make changes next week.
Also few words about http server authorization (error 401) � it is possible to define name and password in the URL, program extracts both parameters (if any. I did this for FTP if anonymous user is not accepted).
dannyoneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 13:47   #204
Takhir
Major Dude

I re-tested InetLoad and could see correct download progress (Nov 4 2006 version, XP Pro). You can download and test old version from http://nsis.sourceforge.net/File:InetLoad.zip or try to use Inetc - function name is get (Inetc::get) and embedded dialog code was improved there.
Old 21st January 2007, 18:59   #205
dannyoneill

Its weird, use the old version in the post above and all works, use the latest and it just wont show.

Do I need any other commands to make it show or should

InetLoad::load ${PDFURL} $PROGRAMDIRECTORY\CoolPDF.exe

work?

Thanks
Old 22nd January 2007, 07:21   #206
Takhir
Major Dude

I compared last source with March 12, 2006 version and don't see any related code changes. What is your 'old' version? And (again ) Inetc behaviour is more stable in old (NSISdl) display mode.
In your code following might be better (the same for Inetc)
code:

InetLoad::load ${PDFURL} "$PROGRAMDIRECTORY\CoolPDF.exe" /end
Pop $R0

Old 22nd January 2007, 12:41   #207
Backland

dannyoneill,

Are you by any chance making multiple calls to the plugin? e.g. downloading more than 1 file.
Backland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 08:06   #208
dannyoneill

at the moment im downloading one then later another. But I have tried it with just one file. Old plugin fine, new one nope.

I can make the full script available if thats of any help. Its for CoolPDF Portable.
Old 24th January 2007, 14:01   #209
Backland

hmmm... I have had similar problems with Inetc and downloading more than 1 file where the progress is not displayed at all.

Attaching your script is probably a good idea.
Old 24th January 2007, 14:12   #210
Takhir
Major Dude

Good idea is to attach a short script reproducing the problem
Old 24th January 2007, 14:16   #211
pengyou
Major Dude

Quote:
I have had similar problems with Inetc and downloading more than 1 file where the progress is not displayed at all
Are you using Inetc in NSISdl mode? Some servers do not supply the size information so Inetc cannot provide a progress bar which "moves" (because it does not know how big the file is). The progress bar stays "empty".

Try using Inetc's POPUP mode - in the popup the plugin will tell you if the size is unavailable but it will show you how much data is being downloaded so you can tell something is happening.

Last edited by pengyou; 24th January 2007 at 14:46.
pengyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 14:27   #212
Takhir
Major Dude

I forgot to note that progress bar may not appear if file size is less then 8 kB (data bufer).
Old 24th January 2007, 15:08   #213
Backland

I'm using Inetc in NSISdl mode, file is > 8kb and server definitely sends filesize as 90% of the time the progressbar shows up for the first download, but completely disappears for the second one and any others after that.

The label showing status message always works fine though.
Old 27th January 2007, 10:01   #214
michael.hejwosz

a minor problem

I am using your wonderful plugin yet I seem to be having a little problem I do not know what it is related to.

I am using the /TRANSLATE switch with the following, among a few, text: "Downloading SuperMemo 2006 (13.01 Beta I from Jan 22, 2007)..." (skip the quotation marks)
Yet the text displayed about the first progress bar sheds the last 4 chars: ")..."
Could you please tell me what the reason is??

Thank you in advance,
Mike
michael.hejwosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2007, 16:30   #215
Takhir
Major Dude

I've put to wiki new version with increased string buffers. Next time please attach a short sample demonstrating the problem, it's not easy to find situation basing on the text 'among a few'
Old 27th January 2007, 18:29   #216
michael.hejwosz

label too narrow??

Thank you. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

Here can you find a more detailed description with a screenshot: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=264467
Thank you for your help.
Mike
Old 30th January 2007, 03:34   #217
cbexaminr

possible inetc problem

Making mention of this here in case it comes to appropriate individuals attention sooner than the actual bug report...

For description of possible problem, please see:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...49&atid=373085

Thanks.
cbexaminr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 07:19   #218
Takhir
Major Dude

I added KillTimer to wiki release, but probably you used pre Sep 7, 2006 version in NSISdl mode. System should kill all timers and messages queue when window destroyed.
Old 30th January 2007, 10:28   #219
michael.hejwosz

I have managed to solve my problem. The original line of source code looks as follows:
Downloading SuperMemo ${strSMYear4D} ($strSMVerTag from $strSMVerDate)...
The values of the last two variables (i.e. $strSMVerTag and $strSMVerDate) are read from a text file downloaded from the web. The reason why ")..." kept being truncated was that the value of $strSMVerDate had new line at the end of it.
It is solved now. Thank you for your help.

On a related topic. The InetLoad readme text file advises to peek into the source code (i.e. InetLoad.cpp) for a full set of status strings. I am particularly interested in error status codes. I did look into the code but found not entirely satisfactory for an FAQ I am planning to write accompanying the installer. Since InetLoad is based on WinInet API, is there somewhere a list of error codes I could be referred to??
Old 30th January 2007, 10:51   #220
cbexaminr

The release I have contains last comment dated 1-jan-2007. (This may not be what was used in the actual build of the released mingw installer - I didn't build that one, I'm just trying to figure out why it sometimes crashes on me.)

But, for the wiki release...

I see no mention of a KillTimer() call in inetc.cpp.

I searched everything expanded from the archive, and get no hits on "KillTimer".

I do see a call and comment that is presumably used to generate an extra call to WM_TIMER functionality, i.e. PostMessage(hDlg, WM_TIMER, 1, 0); // show url & fn, do it sync

(The comment mentions "sync", however I believe to be synchronous, would need to be using SendMessage(), not PostMessage().)

***Where are the changes that actually kill the timer? Is it done by some means other than KillTimer()? What changes were made in the sep 7, 2006 to accomplish this? (Failed to find inetc in NSIS CVS to explore myself...)

Thanks in advance for the info.

(The crash address appears to be inside of progress_callback(), which appears to only be invoked from the WM_TIMER handling code. As I've tried to re-build the installer locally, obtaining all correct versions (except maybe add-ins, which I apparently can't obtain), and have failed to reproduce the crash, (although I get a display problem possibly from inetc), I'll acknowledge it may indeed be fixed... But I'm interested in knowing how it was addressed/fixed, since I don't see how the timer is being destroyed.)
Old 30th January 2007, 11:58   #221
Takhir
Major Dude

2 michael.hejwosz: you can find errors in inetc.cpp file.

2 cbexaminr: Thanks for your help. InetLoad/Inetc crashes in NSISdl (no popup) mode found earlier but I supposed sutiation was fixed with Backland help in september. All versions are here http://nsis.sourceforge.net/File:Inetc.zip Unfortunatelly I could not reproduce crash on my comp, so please let me know if you can find 'problem' line in code.
In the today's morning (MSK) version KillTimer was line 953. WM_TIMER handler additionally includes now IsWindow() check for (IMHO weird) situation when window already destroyed, but message loops still delivers events. PostMessage is called at the very beginning of download and should not cause crash, but any way this should be fixed now.
Old 30th January 2007, 11:58   #222
michael.hejwosz

Can someone help me map the error messages found @ http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa385465.aspx to the following piece of the source code??
enum STATUS_CODES {
ST_OK = 0,
ST_CONNECTING,
ST_DOWNLOAD,
ST_CANCELLED,
ST_URLOPEN,
ST_PAUSE,
ERR_TERMINATED,
ERR_DIALOG,
ERR_INETOPEN,
ERR_URLOPEN,
ERR_TRANSFER,
ERR_FILEOPEN,
ERR_FILEWRITE,
ERR_REGET,
ERR_CONNECT,
ERR_OPENREQUEST,
ERR_SENDREQUEST,
ERR_CRACKURL,
ERR_NOTFOUND,
ERR_THREAD,
ERR_PROXY,
ERR_FORBIDDEN,
ERR_REQUEST,
ERR_SERVER,
ERR_AUTH
};
Thank you in advance,
Mike
Old 2nd February 2007, 16:06   #223
MinterWute

Takhir: I've just been trying the latest inetc with NSIS 2.23 and the progress dialog is not being redrawn properly for some reason. This is on Windows 2000 Pro.

Does something need changed for the latest NSIS? I did try rebuilding with the latest exdll header without success.
MinterWute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 17:07   #224
Backland

MinterWute,

I have similar problems with this as well on both XP/2000. I'm still working on a script to reproduce the issue for Takhir.

Its not a bad idea that you attach your script for examination. Please also note Inetc is last updated on 30th of Jan.
Old 2nd February 2007, 18:29   #225
Takhir
Major Dude

Thanks, Backland, script may help. Right now I re-tested latest inetc on my home XP Pro with following script
code:
SetDetailsView hide
inetc::get "http://ineum.narod*****spr_2004.htm" "$EXEDIR\spr4.htm" \
"http://ineum.narod*****spr_2005.htm" "$EXEDIR\spr5.htm"
Pop $0
inetc::get "http://ineum.narod*****spr_2006.htm" "$EXEDIR\spr6.htm"
Pop $2

but could not reproduce redraw issue
Old 3rd February 2007, 03:00   #226
cbexaminr

1) Redraw issue
I and another individual (who I guess is the maintainer of the mingw installer) also have the redraw problem.

You can grab the mingw installer source, and probably see the issue. To the best of my knowledge neither of us have done anything but use a different (latest) inetc - the script code is apparently the same. The url to browse that stuff is:
http://mingw.cvs.sourceforge.net/mingw/MinGW/

The instructions to check it out with command line cvs are at:
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=2435

2)earlier reported crash - older version of inetc
I have learned that the crashing version of inetc was the 10 june version. Further research indicates that the crash was occurring at the location where a routine ParentWndProc() should have been (before the pages were released.)

It appears that this routine is no longer part of the current inetc source, and so I will assume that problem is no longer a problem.
Old 3rd February 2007, 08:17   #227
Takhir
Major Dude

OK, redraw is the only problem in current version, so let's find where and why OS, IE ver., NSIS ver, latest Inetc, short script reproducing the problem. To test this I have XP Pro and win98 with home dial-up and all OSes and most of connection types in office. Please attach script to post.
Old 4th February 2007, 12:11   #228
Meefer
Banned

http://Jennifer-Lopez-Doing-A-Huge-Black-Man.info
Meefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2007, 12:18   #229
Backland

seems the forum is blocking external links, can you guys post your links as plain text (probably by removing the http://www)

google.com
Old 4th February 2007, 12:24   #230
Red Wine
Forum King

@ Backland, the forum blocks external links that added from new registered users
I bet the blocked link above is just spammers attempt to add their craps in this forum.

If for instance you try to submit an external link, I bet won't be blocked

Quick AVI Creator entirely edited with NSIS and entirely upgraded to Unicode NSIS
Old 4th February 2007, 12:35   #231
Backland

Thanks Red Wine, testing http://www.google.com

cbexaminr added 2 links just a few posts above, i think those were to the installer which has the redraw issues.
Old 4th February 2007, 12:44   #232
Red Wine
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Backland
Thanks Red Wine, testing http://www.google.com

cbexaminr added 2 links just a few posts above, i think those were to the installer which has the redraw issues.
You probably realize that a strong protection from spammers requires some patience from the rest of new registered users

Old 5th February 2007, 10:14   #233
cbexaminr

browse mingw installer source tree:
mingw.cvs.sourceforge.net/mingw/MiGW/

to checkout mingw installer source follow instructions at:
sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=2435

Sorry it's not "reduced script" - but it's what I can point you toward.

(hope these "links" pass the filtering - funny, I don't think the "preview" showed the links blacked out in original post. There is no www on the items, just h t t p : / / .)
Old 5th February 2007, 16:59   #234
MinterWute

Using SetDetailsView show gives the redraw error for me with your small script. This used to work with previous versions but maybe it's something that I shouldn't have been doing?

code:

SetDetailsView show
inetc::get /RESUME "" "http://downloads.sourceforge.net/devkitpro/libnds-20060719.tar.bz2" "$EXEDIR\libnds-20060719.tar.bz2" /END
Pop $0
MessageBox MB_OK "Download Status: $0"

MinterWute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 09:23   #235
Takhir
Major Dude

I tested script from my previous post on the following OSes: Win98 SE (IE5), Win2000 SP2, WinXP Pro SP2, Win2003 SP1, Vista Ultimate Final Release (IE7) - no problems with redraw. Last Inetc Jan 30, 2007. NSIS 2.22. With 'SetDetailsView show' dialog looks ugly (tested on XP), but redraw was correct. May be progress bar smothing in not-XP style would be better.
Edited: I used 2 versions of dotnetfx.exe (20 MB) for LAN downloads.

Last edited by Takhir; 6th February 2007 at 09:50.
Old 19th February 2007, 10:12   #236
Takhir
Major Dude

New Inetc version.
1. /POPUP option now with text (again), /POPUP "HOST_ALIAS" - this allow to hide real URL in popup mode and (if encoded) login/password(!).
2. Transfer speed calculation improved (for paused state mainly).
3. Redirection sample added (I received request for HTTP 301/302, and even added code, but finally found that WinInet does this internally). But redirection prohibitted for https (right now I cannot remember why ).
Old 19th February 2007, 20:20   #237
pedroac

In my tests, this DOES NOT WORK if you don't have .NET installed
pedroac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2007, 08:20   #238
Takhir
Major Dude

I tested last build at home on XP Pro, without .NET and now in office on Win98 and Win2000 (no .NET as well), Inetc works correct on all these comps. If you have problem with all plug-ins (NSISdl, InetLoad, Inetc) it's a good time to check your own script
BTW did you built NSIS from sources?
Old 24th February 2007, 01:22   #239
Mr Inches

The .NET install usually includes versions of the MS C Runtime libraries (DLLs).

Is it possible that one of these is getting clobbered and causing the problem? (assuming that the problem is only evident on computer with the .NET framework installed.)

What about the presence of VS 2005, it uses a different version of the MS CRT again (8.0)?

Duncan
Mr Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2007, 10:03   #240
pedroac

I concluded that this problem was only happening in a single PC, there must be something wrong with the .NET libraries (the problem is that even with all the .NET versions unistalled the problem keeps happening...)
pedroac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion